Kickapoo's last foal....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
Introducing "Kickapoo Apaches Ma Belle Ami"

Sire: Kickapoo's Apache Moon

Dam: Breezy Knoll's Silver Moon

19" Solid light Chestnut filly w/ small snip on upper lip. As soon as I saw her, I knew she was a filly...she was so delicate & refined.

Was hoping for some color with this one tho, as she is our very last foal. We only had two this year, and both are solids. A dark liver chestnut colt "Renegade" was born in April, and now "Bella". Our only stallion has been sold, so she is the last of the Kickapoo line.

Even tho we didn't get "color" this year......I am extremely happy with both foals. They are healthy & beautiful!

Here is a photo of Bella with her dam at just a few hours old.

DSCF4805.jpg

And a few of her now at a week old....

July1RegRight.jpg

DSCF5862.jpg

BellaNosingWoody.jpg

Aw Dona, she's lovely! But I can't help but be sad that she denotes the last of the Kickapoo line. I've always admired your breeding program.

Congrats on your filly!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats on a lovely live healthy filly. So sorry that this will be your last foal and you didn't get the color your wished for. I have admired your breeding program for years.

Many congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

What a pretty little girl - such a shame she is the last of the line.

Anna

Congrats on your gorgeous new girl and what a way to end your foaling season. I echo too what Robin said its sad to see the end of a breeding programme. I have admired your horses too and always thought they were somthing I would like to have in my own herd.

Congratulations, Dona
default_wub.png

I think I told you a long time ago, but I just want to tell you again, you were one of the first miniature horse breeders I really admired. I remember when I first got into minis, I bookmarked your website and looked at it so often back then and in the years to come
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ALL for your very kind comments. I have SO enjoyed raising these little treasures, & have made some of my best friends through my Miniatures. I have learned.....and I'm still learning so much, through this wonderful site that MaryLou has so graciously provided, and will continue to "lurk" here to get my "mini fixes".
default_yes.gif

I wish all of you success in whatever it is you choose to do with your Miniatures. They have truly been a blessing in my life & I will miss them.

BayleeMissyJuly4th.jpg

She's truly refined and beautiful, Dona. I know how you feel about not breeding any longer. It's also the route we've chosen, with such mixed feelings and emotions, but it's time to get on with our lives as we enter our golden years and enjoy ourselves. I hope you and your husband have a happy, fruitful retirement!

Back