Keep The show halter, or get a new one?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
100_1353.jpg

100_1354.jpg

(I have to do her feet)

Should i keep this halter on her or get a new one? I like the Style of the Arab halter, but i don't think it complement's her confermation. but it really brings out her head and facial features? what do you guys think?

I was thinking, more of a quarter horse style (eew [i don't like anthing to do with Q-Horses]) Or just her bridle. I really like the way it brings out her face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't show donkeys, but I don't think it's the best halter for her. I actually have zero concept of what makes a correct donkey so I'm not sure what your breed standards are. But.....I think that cable halter is way too thin for her head.

There really aren't any standards around us. All the shows people show in rope or nylon halters. I just got that halter for free, so that's what i have. What would you think would look good on her?

Most of the donkeys I have seen shown have been shown in a QH style halter.

Andrea

I do not know, but you probably would get more of the answers you were looking for if you posted this on the miniature donkey board.

default_smile.png

That halter blends right into her face. Since she has a larger boned head, I would go with a thicker style halter. If you want to stick with the arabian style, get one with a wide noseband and color. Maybe turiquoise or a pastel color. It would look really pretty with her color.

If you want a quarter horse style, I would go with a black or dark brown and make sure it has silver nosebands or something. Need to break up her color a little.

Don't know anything about showing donkeys, but this is what I think would look best. I think your best option is to go with color.

Yeah, I think an arabian one with a thick noseband would look pretty on her. A light color would work better with her gray, like turquiose, pink or lavender.
default_wub.png
Then keep with the silver hardware to tie it all in.

Latest posts

Back