Kate's foal watch..Its a Colt! pics!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All looking good - right on target for a baby in another couple of weeks or so!
default_yes.gif

I have heard that anything from a 1-3 to a 1-6 dilution will result in the same results. I found it hard to believe so I tried it and
default_yes.gif
got the same result... I dont understand why but it did.

Jax, I noticed that result with the ph, you can take a direct drop from the mare or dilute and ph is the same. Thank you at least I know my ratio wasnt far off.

Do they check PH or Calcium?

The mare I have now usually tests very high ( foaling range) on calcium for weeks before she foals, but her ph didnt drop til the morning of the night she foaled.

Still hanging in the same. Looks like we will be taking the slow road this year! Her foal is doing a fair amount of kicking still so we might just make it to new year. So excited for my first Riot foal!!

Udder went back down lol....sigh. Looks like were prolly at Feb breeding after all.

Holly, I had your cam bookmarked but it seems to lead to a broken link now. Can you let me know your new cam address.

Sure, here is the link:

http://holly.camstreams.com/

How are things going for you Amanda?

I am so excited Yall!! I got a stunning hackney pony mare yesterday!! I will be uploading pics, she is a beautiful mover about 12 hh has a filly on her, thats 1/2 welsh. I have a home for the filly, But will be getting the mare back up to weight!

Life is treating me well Holly. All 6 foals have sold this year, and so I took a bit of that money and bought me a new broodmare. She is a black appy, 6 years old (mini). I'm going to try to get her bred this month but if she doens't agree we'll wait until spring.

Oh how exciting! Congrats to you!

Kate hasnt made much progress the past few days. Few more weeks yet I hope
default_smile.png

Day 294!!

Kate is big as a house, still holding out, no udder changes , except it went down.

Very true! Only this morning her udder was back up and she carried it through the day. I will be going out to check her about 10 tonight.

Last time she foaled at 313, would LOVE to see her carry longer this time, I am hoping for a 2013 foal. ( filly please!)

That's just fine. It means she'll carry into her 300 days, which is wonderful! Don't be disappointed, we like to see them carry around 320+ days, so this is good news!
Hi Castle Rock Miniatures, I really need some help sorry to steal your page Holly I am trying to find out how to start my own.. I have a mini that I rescued and we have now found out she is pregnant she is only 2-3 years old and I am not sure how to tell how far along she is. I was watching Cocoa which I know you followed and I am trying to judge from her and little Kate but I think my mini is bigger than this and I am very nervous about her having trouble birthing...any advice would be appreciated ..Sorry again Holly
default_sad.png

Keeping my fingers crossed that Kate hangs on until the New Year for you Holly - I think we are due some new pictures.
default_yes.gif

Kehranc - I see you have managed to start your own (Molly's) thread - welcome and glad to have you join us!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back