Just wanted to say goodbye

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your post about the mare was exceptionally informative, including the vet evaluation and feeding program which so improved the health of the mare. Thank you so much for the detailed description of what worked in your situation. It could certainly help other objective owners with horses in similar circumstances, and it seemed especially appropriate at the time you wrote about it because of the KS rescue.

Perhaps I'm naive, but I fail to see how your post was an attack. I read the post for horse health information, and that was what I found.

IMO, as our economy fails, the number of horses in poor condition is fast increasing. Although it's painful to admit, horses are a luxury no matter how much we love them and think of them as family. Is this perhaps another reminder to be honest with ourselves about recognizing when it's time to rehome our horses, for the sake of the horses?

Finding generous and capable people like you will surely become more difficult. I admire what you've done and value your unbiased knowledge.

Pam

I missed what happened yesterday. Your thread was there for a long time and was not removed. Not until the other party showed up was it removed. I know if it was, it was to try to keep this board a nice place to be. Please, it wasn't you! I hope you can find it in yourself to stay and post again. You're a part of this "family" and you are valued and respected. It would be a big loss to lose you. I understand that you're hurt right now. But please feel better and come back to us. Your willingness to share is an asset to this forum! Thank God there are people like you that care about the horses. Give your mare a hug for me!

To be honest I dont think (and I dont know this for sure) but I dont think the thread was deleted due to you or really even your seller but due to the seller of these horses to the seller you bought from (according to the thread I read that was there for like seconds before it was deleted)

With the others involved it was getting messy and I think there is alot more to the story then the little horse you got and fattened up and that is why it was deleted (again I am guessing)

so I would let it go and stay if you can.

others have said it better but please stay, your post was very informative and I enjoyed reading how the mare progressed. Kudos to you for saving her and I do hope you stay to post again.

Yvonne

I am glad you will continue to read the threads and I hope that you will get involved when you can help.

That's the good part about the forum, where people are great to provide answers to help solve the various issues that come up in the little horse business.

I rarely post and when I do I only want to post something that will help others.

Sounds like that's what you were trying to do too, so I hope you will still be there to help me even if it's in the form of a p.m.
default_yes.gif

I read your thread on how you rehabbed that pretty little mare, and I thought it was important information as well.

I don't post too often as I am new but I'm learning so much from reading what people like yourself are willing to share! Hope you reconsider.

But, I think until one's had something deleted, with no explanation given, she doesn't realize it is quite confusing, frustrating, and hurtful.
It has happened many times before... and all one needs to do is PM Mary Lou and ask what happened. As others have mentioned - we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. All that being said, mmmorgans - it was not your thread or posting that caused the thread to get deleted - but the direction the thread turned.

Let it roll off.... you did nothing wrong - and you did the right thing for that mare...
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not read your post about the mare you bought but I am so glad that she now now doing better and has a loving and caring home. Thanks

Someone always likes to quote me.
But, I think until one's had something deleted, with no explanation given, she doesn't realize it is quite confusing, frustrating, and hurtful.

So High School drama.

You know I don't think you should leave either. As I mentioned above "High School Drama". Sorry you went through what you did with your mare. And I am one who appreciates you sharing your experiences to try to educate others. But this is an open forum, personalities or whatever are going to clash. Some are better able to hide it then others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa (Ruff n tuff) said it pretty much as it is. It was not your doing that the post was deleted. It was deleted because of the response posted by the seller, and information contained therein that was the cause of it's removal.

Back