Just want a critique

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.T

Reaction score
This is my 4 year old. RHA Exquisite Locomotion. I just want a critique on her, don't be mean but please be truthful! I think she has pretty good conformation overall.<div>I can't get the picture to load so here is a link to it http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=27zfafl&s=7

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this may do the trick for the picture:

27zfafl.jpg

I like her... nice, strong hip, looks like a nice neck though her pose is not the best (too down), cute, short head, long enough legs... I'd be proud to call her mine
default_yes.gif

I think this may do the trick for the picture:

27zfafl.jpg
Thank you!!! For some reason my computer is acting up and wouldn't post the picture and posted my topic 3 times!

Its not a very good pic to judge by. Do you have with the head up? The first thing that pops out to me is the weak hip, and toeing out in the back.

I like her. A photo with her head up a bit would be better, but looks like she has a nice hip, pretty head, short back, her neck ties in well at the shoulder. I would take her home in a minute!

I'm with Ashley her whole hind end hurts her, her hip isn't too bad but could be better but her legs don't look very straight, but her front end doesn't look that bad. Looks like she has a nice head, good length of neck, not to thick, good chest and shoulder. Overall not a bad looking mare.

First of all I think the picture is not correct, her head should be up more, I don't think she toes out in the rear, maybe her hip is not perfect but overall she is just fine! RHA is a honest and reputable breeding establishment, if they sell a horse as a pet then it is a pet, if they sell a horse as show or breeding quality then that is what it is. I don't find any really bad qualities in this mare. Just my opinion, and you know what they say about a persons opinion!

Bad pic but nice looking mare. Are you asking cause you plan on showing her? and in what type of classes if so?

Otherwise I think she has a nice hip. Better then a lot i see out there.

I always tell people submit a bad picture and expect a bad critique. Problem is you can make a great horse look really bad with a bad picture.

I like her hip and she seems very balanced. Nice tight throatlatch, good length of neck (cant comment on head)

Only thing I could pick is her pasturns are a little too straight which leads to a bit of a straight shoulder.

She looks very loved and well taken care of.

If your going to show her you will have to get a few pounds off her but those are much easier to get into shape verses a thin horse

thank you everyone. I'm a youth so she is going to be shown in youth classes. Mostly performance(she loves to jump) but a few halter just for the fun of showing. Definitely the color class. She is very shy and timid so she is going to need work for halter. We bought her from someone who bought her from RHA but she came with papers so I'm assuming they sold her as a show prospect. Thank you everyone for your opinions
default_smile.png

ps. we are still working on the neck stretch and this was the best picture we got of a neck stretch(my mom isn't a great photographer haha) so that is why she is too far down and everything.

Sarah, a good friend of mine owns an RHA horse who could be a brother to your girl
default_biggrin.png
Well, actually, I'm sure he is
default_smile.png
They look very much alike
default_wub.png
He showed really well when he was in the ring
default_yes.gif

Oh yes, we have siblings. Very pretty mare. What is her breeding? Sire has to be Kickapoo Nickelodeon.

Here is a picture of my boy. RHA Unforgettable Locomotion( "Cole"). In 2005(the last year he was shown) he was top ten AMHR All-Stars Yearling Gelding 32" & Under. I recently had a trainer express interest in showing him, but right now I'm busy raising a family. Maybe one day. I don't have any recent photos, but these give you a good idea of how close your mare and my gelding resemble each other.

Cole0605.jpg

He's a little chunky(I mean fluffy) here.
default_smile.png

Cole1.jpg

How can a few people say her hip is weak, and others see it as just fine? Her hip is very nice
default_yes.gif
She may be slightly cow-hocked ("toeing out in the back"), but it may just be the way she's standing. I really like her, and would welcome her in my little barn any time
default_yes.gif

How can a few people say her hip is weak, and others see it as just fine? Her hip is very nice
default_yes.gif
Matt, I thought exactly the same thing and of course had voiced the same opinion about her hip being nice. I looked and relooked and looked again last night wondering what some others were seeing. Oh well. I guess this is one reason why we each pick our own horses and then watch our own results unfold.

Oh yes, we have siblings. Very pretty mare. What is her breeding? Sire has to be Kickapoo Nickelodeon.

Here is a picture of my boy. RHA Unforgettable Locomotion( "Cole"). In 2005(the last year he was shown) he was top ten AMHR All-Stars Yearling Gelding 32" & Under. I recently had a trainer express interest in showing him, but right now I'm busy raising a family. Maybe one day. I don't have any recent photos, but these give you a good idea of how close your mare and my gelding resemble each other.

Cole0605.jpg

He's a little chunky(I mean fluffy) here.
default_smile.png

Cole1.jpg
woah he is gorgeous! Her sire is Kickapoo Nickelodeon and her dam is RHA Private Mischief. She is only 4.

You do need to get her head up and I think she is very nice. I think what some people are seeing is that maybe they like a flatter croup bringing the tail up. But I think she is fine like she is.

Very balanced mare. I would have no problem leading her into the ring. Keep her head up. Little bit of a hay belly but that's easy to work off. Good luck with her!

Latest posts

Back