Joined The SHA!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O So

Reaction score
I have been trying to get permission to take O So over to a local stable. I wanted to be able to use their round pin and just walk around the facility's with O So. He doesn't have any horse buddy's so I figured I would take him for visits! After about 3 weeks now of not hearing from the stable owner, I decided to check out The SHA stables. They are about 3 miles from my house instead of the one mile to the other!

I got there and started asking around about how to get permission to bring O So over for walks and use of the pens! I came up to this lady that had her back to me and when she turned around I was totally shocked! I knew this person!! I hadn't seen her in about 5 years or so. I was so relieved to see a familiar face! ( I get real nervous in new situations) It turned out that she is in charge of the place and was the person I need to talk to about the facilities! I ended up joining the Association! Now I can use the round pin and they have and even bigger arena (then the other stable I was trying to use) that I can use! It is awesome!

The facility has trails that one can ride on. I can take O So for walks down the trails!! They also have a Mini Club! They are having a Halter Class on Sept. 12th! I'm going to go check it out! It is going to be great to get involved with other Mini Owners in my area!! I guess they even help teach you how to show and also have a person that teaches you to 'drive'!! I am so excited! Now I can't wait till the 12th so I can go meet other Mini people!! That and I look forward to using the facilities!!

I am going to take O So over there for the first time on this coming Monday!! (8-31-10) I can't wait. I'm going to start him off slow and just walk a trail or two. Then once we get acustomed to the sights and sounds, I will start on the round pen and possibly let him loose in the arena!!

I just wanted to share my excitement!!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin

Oh, and my feed store that I shop at is a sponsor and now I get discounts on my feed!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

I have a wonderful place for my mini. It is so nice to have. Happy for you!

Lildrummer

I'm also located near Sacramento. I didn't know the Association had a mini club. I'm glad you have a place to take O So for walks. It can be hard to find safe places around here. I end up taking mine around the block (I board some of them out in Rio Linda). I get comments from "OMG it's SOOO kyoot!" to "That's a real nice dog you have there".

I'm also located near Sacramento. I didn't know the Association had a mini club. I'm glad you have a place to take O So for walks. It can be hard to find safe places around here. I end up taking mine around the block (I board some of them out in Rio Linda). I get comments from "OMG it's SOOO kyoot!" to "That's a real nice dog you have there".

I still don't know much about this Mini Club, but when I find out more I will let you know!!

I am about 8 miles or so from Rio Linda! Give or take a mile or 2 LOL, I'm not the greatest at judging distance! I would love to own some land there! If I could just find someone to trade property's! LOL My son used to go to Rio Linda Sr. High.

You should come to the Halter Class on the 12th! I most likely wont be bringing O So, but I want to go to see how things work! It would be nice to meet a forum member!! Specially one that lives close by!!
default_biggrin.png
When I find out more info on the Class I will let you know that too. I'm not sure if it is for Mini's only. That is the way it sounded, but not sure!

I told Paris ( the girl that runs the place) that O So and I don't know how to show. I was in High School the last time I showed and animal and that was a lamb! LOL O So doesn't even know how to "square" up! She told me they would teach me!! It seems like such a great place to go!! Can't wait for Monday for our first visit!!
default_biggrin.png

Back