Jerald cart - id number and wheel size

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskid

Reaction score
On an older thread I saw someone reference calling Jerald and giving their cart's id number to get information about the cart and am wondering where that number could be found? I recently bought a new-to-me Jerald and haven't come across any identifier other than the little Jerald plaque on the front of the cart.

Also, are 24 inch wheels pretty standard sized to use with these carts? The cart came with wooden wheels (he said that they were at least 30 inches) and then they threw in a pair of 20 inch wheels that they had there too. I know that I am going to have to buy new wheels as with the 20s on, there isn't even 2 inches clearance for the basket but am wondering if 24 inches is big enough, keeping in mind that the primary horse I'm planning on using the cart with is about 32 inches tall?

Thanks.

I have a Jerald runabout. Never seen any official Jerald mark on any runabout. I have an old sulky that is a Jerald, but there is no mark on it either. Not sure why they don't mark their products. Don't know about showcarts, though...

There is a serial number stamped on mine I believe, but will have to look at it to tell you where it is.

Jan

The serial number is stamped on the bottom (underside) of the shaft, close to the basket. Mine is #98-208, I believe. Meaning it is the 208th cart made in 1998!

These numbers are handy to have, if you need replacement parts you can call them with that number and they know exactly which model you have!

Yes, the wheels on an open wheeled cart are 24".

Last edited by a moderator:
All my tires for a miniature cart are 20" - even the "B" size. Some folks use the 24" for B, but the 20's work fine for me.

Thanks! I've found the serial number, which I sure wouldn't have if I hadn't asked-we thought that we had been all over the cart looking for it but didn't come across it! Thought that I would share a couple of pictures-

cart_zpse2a2e787.jpg
230_zpsde948cda.jpg

Now I am totally frustrated!! I decided to get my wheels from Jerald......however.......they haven't replied to any of my emails!!!! The axle on my cart is 5/8" and the ones on their website are 3/8 so I don't know if they even have ones that will fit and I don't know the difference between glider and sealed bearing so I can't just go ahead and order off their site.

My parents bought me a new set of 24" from a local cart maker, but the wheel hub was almost an inch shorter so would require alot of fillers!

I've called and left messages at Jerald and a Jerald cart dealer....no response back!

I've even tried to find the size online, to no avail!!!
default_frusty.gif
Our first show is coming up and I have this lovely new cart that as of right now, I can't use!!

Is Jerald noted for their lack of customer service or am I the lucky one?
default_thumbdown.gif

Try Herrons. A friend just bought her cart there and they were AWESOME, even to the point of delivering it for free, since he was headed here anyways! Call them, don't email.

Herrons

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I've called them twice as well as emailing...no response! But thanks for the suggestion!

Try Herrons. A friend just bought her cart there and they were AWESOME, even to the point of delivering it for free, since he was headed here anyways! Call them, don't email.

Herrons

Latest posts

Back