Jerald Pony Cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TlMay

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pony Cart Says Jearld Sulky. Co it is in Fair to good Conditions, Has some rust, Pitting and Paint loss The Shafts are 66 inches, Seat is great Has no Tree. The wheels are 24 inches but one is bent a little bit. I live in Missouri. Was wondering. How much it is worth, I would like to sell it. and have no idea, Also would this be a miniature Cart? or just a pony Cart? I never used it, I have kept it in Barn last 15 years, I have no idea how old it is. I got it from a friend, who got it from an Aunt who died, and no one wanted it. thanks for any help.

Yes, back when I was a kid Jerald was "the name" to get. Nice carts. I would guess it would be for a medium pony, my welsh who is 12.2 took 60 inch shafts and they were roomy. I think Marsha who posts on here drives her horse in a Jerald sulky. I saw one recently (say within 6 months) on craigslist and I think they were asking $300. It was sound but needed paint.

Last edited:
I paid $500 Cdn for mine a couple years ago. Mine has 71" shafts, a dash and apron--no basket. It's an older cart, formerly used on Hackney ponies, and works on my American Shetlands. I had previously been offered a very similar cart--also an older cart, with a basket, for $600 Cdn.

There is this listed on Cape Cod too, looks like more of a large pony or horse size though:

https://capecod.craigslist.org/grd/d/hyannis-jerald-horse-cart-sulky/7343660046.html

LOL. I ended up picking that one up. Doofus didn't know how to measure. The 77" shafts are actually 96"! For some reason it didn't look that big when I picked it up. Three days of driving for the now biggest cart in the barn. At least it was cheap. It's getting fresh paint, wood wheels and a trip to Martin's in the spring.

Still need a pony cart.

Back