It's never going to change.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
Just went to the Expo Center site for Nationals and here it what it says under listed upcoming events events.

American Miniature Horse Registry National Show

Built Ford Tough Livestock Complex

Thursday, Sep 06 - Sunday, Sep 16

The American Shetland Pony Club was established in 1888 to govern the burgeoning interest in Shetlands in the U.S. Founders wanted to establish the purity of the stock and to maintain a reliable record of pedigrees and transfers for the American Shetland Pony.

And you ask me why I get upset sometimes.

Seriously? Someone had to have submitted that for them to publish.... I would say contacting the registry (who's the PR person?) and have them update it to something that at least sounds like something, lol

Isn't the Shetland Congress held there a few weeks prior? It's the same company they're hosting, so maybe they've only got the first info. Simple mistake, how about simply contacting the Expo and pointing out they've got the other show's info up accidentally and politely asking to correct it? Fuming about a little mistake on a public forum does no good other than poke a little at a beehive...

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple mistake, yeah I guess that's it. Over site yeah, How, many times? We have been there years. You would think they would have called Congress the breeders of pedigreed miniature horse blaaaa blaaaaa blaaaaa.

Maybe if someone says something to those who can fix it, it will get fixed... I didn't quite get why it's that upsetting and figure I must be missing part of the picture (I do understand the difference between AMHR and ASPC).

Well it IS the American Shetland Pony Club that has the slot reserved for AMHR nationals... Just the information is wrong. Simple fix.

Got to thinking, maybe that has been up there like that for years. I have never looked before. Maybe that's why we don't have many local spectators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just going crazy here. This is our 25th Nationals and we are the second largest horse show in the county and instead of announcing something wonderful about that, they put that up. Who would be responsible for that? Lenard??? Someone has to be, or maybe that's the problem, there no one that looks out for the miniature interest at all?

I can't even imagine how many people from the Tulsa Area go to that site.

This is our 25th Nationals and we are the second largest horse show in the county ...
Wow!!! I didn't know that it's the second largest horse show in the country!!! That is very impressive!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Does it have the Nationals dates on it or does it have Congress dates on it because as ppl pointed out - ASPC Congress is first and more often than not - AMHR gets the billing instead of ASPC.

Yeah, your right Mary Lou, just get it fixed. I get too crazy.

Miniatures have bigger National show than Quarter Horse, Arabian, and/or Paint Horse? Would like to know official numbers on these. But there is no doubt the minis have a HUGE national show!!!

I knew it was huge, but is tbere one bigger? Is it the biggest? Or the seco d biggest?

Did LaVern mean country? Or county? I believe she said county but have not actually been to one so WDIK???

I'm sure she meant country. Miniature horses are, I believe, the fourth most popular breed in the country behind Arabians, Quarter Horses, and Paints. I am pretty sure the Quarter Horse congress is the largest breed show in the country, but not sure about the other breeds after that.

I guess I should learn to spell and check before I get so excited and post. I meant country. I have heard that that Nationals was the second after Quarters so many times that I took it for fact, but no numbers behind it and I have never been to any of them. My point I guess is that it is huge and wonderful and should have been bragged up as so. But I guess it will be, if they correct it.

LaVern, maybe you could think of a catchy exciting sounding sentence or two to suggest to them to change it to? It would surely assist someone in making a quick fix if possible.... Just a thought.. that way too, you are letting them know it needs updated and offering a solution at the same time.
default_firstprize.gif
A win/win situation for everyone!

Out of curiosity I tried to find out how many horses attended last year's QH Congress and I got answers from 3400 to 6000- could not find an actual number but it did say its the largest SINGLE breed show in the country.

The Arabian Nationals had 1805 last year, but that was Arabians and Half Arabians both, so doesnt count as a 'single breed'.

Does anyone know what AMHR Nationals had last year?

Interesting, huh?

Latest posts

Back