It's been a while, I still lurk

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I've posted here but I lurk on almost a daily basis. Many of the older members may remember Faith, my mare that we rescued over 2 years ago. She's fat and spoiled now, just the way she should be. Things have been going well for us. My husband is still a truck driver and I'm still here taking care of the critters. Back in February I acquired a new puppy. I didn't want a new puppy. We'd finally gotten down to 2 dogs and I liked it that way. My cousin's boyfriend had open heart surgery and her idiot daughter gave them a shih tzu puppy that same day. What possessed her to give them the puppy, I'll never know. I went to my cousin's house to take her a meal and came home with this little black ball of LOVE!

puppylove1.jpg

The vet says her birthday is around Christmas so I got her right around 8 weeks old. Well now the vet says it's time to have her spayed. I've been waiting for this time to come ever since I got her but now that it's here, I'm scared. I know that there can be problems, especially with this breed. This little gal, all 8 pounds of her, has us all wrapped around her little paw and I'd hate for anything to happen to her. Her surgery was scheduled for last Thursday, but they over booked the vet and had to move it to this Tuesday. I want to cancel it all together! I know that there's a lot of shih tzu owners here so if y'all could ease my mind about this surgery, I'd appreciate it. Also, if you could say a little prayer for my Suzie Q on Tuesday, I'd appreciate that as well
default_wub.png

suziefan.jpg

Hi Steph! It's great to see you!
default_wub.png

Your puppy is a doll!!!! I can see why you love her so much!

Hi Steph! It's great to see you!
default_wub.png
Your puppy is a doll!!!! I can see why you love her so much!
Hey Robin! Happy Birthday! It looks like you had an awesome day!

Thank you Steph! I did! And thank you for your message earlier!
default_aktion033.gif

Your puppy is adorable!
default_yes.gif

Steph --

She will do FINE with the surgery!!! And it's for her own good, too, as well as yours. I know we all get nervous when they have to go in, but I know your baby will be fine.

Shih-tzu's are my favorite breed. We have five of them (lost our boy Winston in November and have two "new" growing puppies). They are a very hardy breed and typically long lived and healthy
default_yes.gif

Watson, one of our puppies, needs to go get tutored soon, too. Wilson, his brother, was fixed before we got him (a couple months after we got Watson, but they are full brothers).

With him, I'm dreading it, too. He is my baby and has Winston on the inside, I am sure. However, he has a retained testicle, so it will be a little more invasive than a typical neutering.

But, always a silver lining -- in the meantime pending his operation, Watson is a/k/a The Uniballer
default_biggrin.png

Good luck with your girl and congratulations on her. You cannot find a better fur kid than a shih-tzu!

Jill

So great to see you!! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are. We need some faith pics
default_smile.png

Kay

Thanks for the replies. I ended up cancelling Suzie's appointment. My ulcer is calming down now, LOL. I'll have it done when she's a little bit older, but just not right now. She also needs some teeth pulled and a hernia fixed but those can wait as well.

Jill, do you have any new pictures of your boys? I've never been a fan of little dogs but this girl has me sold on this breed. Her only problem is that she hates being groomed, especially her nails.

Kay, I'll try and get a new picture of Ms. Bratty Faith for you. She's not the horse that she was 2 and a half years ago, that's for sure.

Back