It was one year ago today...MyLilShowGirl(Kris)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kris,

I remember your post so well. My continued best wishes for you. The others are right. Your father was an a amazing man, and he would definately be smiling down on your whole family for continuing on and working to make your dreams come true.

(((Hugs)))

I also remember your post very well as I also had a great loss on this same day last year.
sad.gif
sad.gif

Kris, I am sure your father is looking down on you and is so very very proud of all that you have accomplished this past year. Sounds like your family is doing ok and starting to put your lives back together. I don't think one ever gets over such a terrible loss, but learns how to cope with it and time really does heal all wounds. Big Hugs to you and your family - you all should be very proud of yourselves.
aktion033.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
crybaby.gif
cold.gif
Thank you all so much for all the very kind words!!
wub.gif
You don't know how much I appreciate all the support! It is a hard day, but we are pulling through
yes.gif
Thanks again soooooo much!!

Here is the memorial, that is in the paper today...

LAMPMAN, David- 1959-2004

In loving memory of a dear husband and father who

passed away one year ago today, July 12, 2004.

Quiet Miracle

He loved his family, job and home,

And no one knew that day

That God needed his much-loved son

To come back home to stay.

And heaven needed a miracle,

someone to intervene;

And God saw Dad as a perfect soul,

To stop what would have been

God put him there to save the others,

Who drove quietly on by

And because of this he was rewarded

So with angels he now flies.

(written by daughter Amanda)

Forever in our hearts ~ Love wife Edith and Daughters,

Amanda, Jessica and Kristin.

LAMPMAN, David

December 25, 1959- July 12, 2004

In memory of our precious son, brother and uncle.

David was born on Christmas Day,

A gift of life, a shining ray,

Suddenly taken away on that day in July,

Leaving us to wonder why God, why?

To everything else there is a reason,

We do not understand the reason,

We are blessed with wonderful memories to share

Entrusting him to God's loving care.

-Sadly missed, always loved Mom and Glynn,

Lyn and Phil, Rick and Alison, neices and nephews.

Thanks

-Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris those poems are so beautiful. My dad was taken early in my life too and it makes for a hard road but you have a wonderful family who loves you and many very supportive friends. These firsts are very painful I know but I'm certain your dad is very proud of you and your family even though he can't be there with you.

Hugs to you Dear,

Bless your heart...you have been through so much. I remember your Post...It was so sad to read...it broke my heart - I remember thinking you were the same age as my daughter...and, praying you would find strength.

Your Father sounds like an amazing Man...that raised an amazing daughter. What a wonderful tribute to him...growing up to be such an amazing young woman!!! Your strength is an inspiration to many.

Prayers and hugs to you and your family...our thoughts are with you on this sad day.

God Bless,

lisa

I know today is hard for everyone involved. May only the good memories about your father come through.

Lots of love and hugs coming from us.

I remember the post from last year also, tears then and tears now. I'm sure your Dad is very proud of the young lady you are becoming. <<hugs>>

You've been in my thoughts all day today, Kris! {{Hugs}} You are an amazing, strong young woman and have gone through so much in the past year and come along way. I know your Dad would be extremely proud of you, your Mom, Jess and Amanda for dealing with such a tragic loss in such an impressive manor, as well as seeing how far you've come in achieving some of your goals and doing it very successfully! I didn't know your Dad for very long but in the few times I saw him at your home and the farm picking you up, you could tell how much he loved all of you and that you all meant so much to him. It's unfortunate he was here for such a short time but I know you are thankful for all the great times you had with him while he was here and the memories you will have with you for the rest of your life.

Both poems are incredibly well written and very fitting for such an amazing man!!

Kris, I know this will have been a difficult anniversary for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I remember very well last year. Dearest Kris, you are amazing and I know your dad is watching you with pride! Bless you and your family.

Latest posts

Back