It past time for horse slaughter to end

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threads like these do have their purpose and if you are female you will understand it. Since most women are wired to beat a dead horse, to me a 15 page (so far) discussion of subject of slaughter almost seems appropriate.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Carol I think you need some fresh air, the paint fumes are frying your brain if think that any of that was least bit funny.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

All I know for sure is that when a "farmer's mentality" prevails, slaughter can never be seen as anything else but something to be condoned, just part of the way things have always been done and always will be. When animals are considered just tools, they cease to have value past what they can be used for.

I do want to see an end to slaughter. I may not in my lifetime but I do have hope the human race will eventually evolve past the need for it by taking responsibility for what we do. I can only do whatever tiny part I can to not contribute to it or to anything that causes torment and pain to any animal. Maybe in time so will more and more others. Hope springs eternal.

Oh Shirley......get a grip! I think dragging a dead stinking cat out of a closet is quite funny and so do others.

Slaughter no......not funny. And if you think I am laughing at anything to do with slaughter you are wrong.

As far as beating a dead horse..........no kidding! We just buried a slaughter thread last week. Between slaughter, religion and politics....(lets add a little razoring thread in there too :lol: ) Oh......Rory is right......let's add in those Arab miniature threads too! I need to go stick my head back in the paint can!
default_wacko.png
:

Edited because Rory came out of her corner (see post below) :new_rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
*wobbly starting....*

Well I'm about to throw a wobbly. A BIG one.

snip

Do I sound a bit ticked?? Hope so... I would hate to waste all this indignation...

*wobbly over...*
I think you said things quite well, I loved your wobbly!

I always have to wonder how many people that think horse slaughter is inhumane and "not-to-be-tolerated" have leather shoes, handbags, saddles, harnesses, etc... how many of them eat meat (or kill/murder plants) to survive?

We actually had someone leave our property once in disgust because we had a turkey we were raising in our backyard for Thanksgiving. They said it was horrible and cruel to do that - we should just buy it in a store the way THEY DO! *huh?*

It all just doesn't make sense to me. We raise sheep, and have raised our own pig now and then, and yes, we've eaten the results. I've also been there for each of them to be butchered, and it's always been a quiet process. Meat tastes better from non-stressed animals.

I have not sent any of my horses to be slaughtered. I've been there with them to be euthanized and paid for the truck to come take them away. That's the end for them that I am more comfortable with than not *knowing* what they've gone through. I feel I owe it to them. It's my right as well as my responsibility to make these sort of difficult decisions for any animal in my care, as it is for anybody else.

All this said, I do NOT want to see equine slaughter completely stopped in this country. It serves several purposes and the alternatives are not good.

Oh Shirley......get a grip! I think dragging a dead stinking cat out of a closet is quite funny and so do others.

Slaughter no......not funny. And if you think I am laughing at anything to do with slaughter you are wrong.

As far as beating a dead horse..........no kidding! We just buried a slaughter thread last week. Between slaughter, religion and politics....(lets add a little razoring thread in there too :lol: ) I need to go stick my head back in the paint can!
default_wacko.png
:
Carol please send me to a corner I told myself I wouldn't come back...BUT you forgot one

lest we forget ARAB type.......
default_rolleyes.gif
:

back to my rock with me
default_wacko.png
:

Hmmm
default_poke.gif
: a little mareish today are we? But hon I insist you get your head out of that paint can before you do some permanent damage! You know, the first sign of that is replying ad naseum to slaughter threads and by time you're laughing about dead stinky closet cats it could be too late! :new_shocked: :lol:

Razoring? now there is subject that gets pretty funny! Let's pass that paint can and see who can do the best job of shaving their horse's whole head slick a babys bottom. :new_tomato:

But hon I insist you get your head out of that paint can before you do some permanent damage! You know, the first sign of that is replying ad naseum to slaughter threads and by time you're laughing about dead stinky closet cats it could be too late! :new_shocked: :lol:
Oh Shirley.....I love you too! But the damage is done! And here I find you right here with me having a wobbly over my paint can! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back