Rescue horse, its been about 2 months

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
This is Boogie, a 26 yr. old QH gelding. He was rescued about 2 months ago from starvation. Let me say that this guy has a heart of gold and is a real sweet ol' man. The lady who owned him before was starving him, whenever she was confronted about how skinny he was she just told people that she was buying him all this hay and grain and he just wouldn't gain weight because he was old and a hard keeper, and that it was the grains fault and it wasn't working. During the two years that she had him he just kept getting worse and worse until one day we ended that horrible life he lived and rescued him so that he could have the life he deserves.

So now he has a new life to live and gets to somewhat start over, he gets to know what it's like to have a full belly all the time and knows he doesn't have to worry about whether or not breakfast is coming and will there be enough to eat, he no longer gets pushed away from his food or the shelter.

He'll be living out the rest of his life here healthy, comfortable and loved.

I wish I had pictures of him last summer to compare to how he looks this summer, the winter hair in the before pictures make it hard to see how skinny he really was. The after pictures taken today he looks healthier and livlier (sp?) and fatter than we've ever seen him before. He looks like a totally different horse than the horse we saw before he was rescued. But even these before and after pictures there's so much of a difference. A lesson to learn from this is sometimes you can't go just by what people are telling you, you have to do what you think is right and take action. Be a voice for those who don't have one. I really don't think Boogie would still be alive today if he hadn't been taken away when he was.

I'll be taking more updated pictures as time goes on, we're really looking forward to how he'll look come later this summer.

These BEFORE pictures were taken 4/4/09 (about two weeks after he was rescued)~

Boogie4-4-09002.jpg

Boogie4-4-09003.jpg

Boogie4-4-09004.jpg

Boogie4-4-09006.jpg

Boogie4-4-09011.jpg

And these AFTER pictures were taken 5/29/09~

Boogie5-29-09002.jpg

Boogie5-29-09003.jpg

Boogie5-29-09007.jpg

Boogie5-29-09008.jpg

Boogie5-29-09010.jpg

Boogie5-29-09016.jpg

Boogie1.jpg

Boogie2.jpg

He looks great! You did and awesome job, I would never guess that he was the same horse as two months ago. He doesn't even look 26 anymore either!

You gave him an amazing new home and a great new life!
default_wub.png

OMG!!! and WOW, what a beautiful horse you got there. Talk about a "make over" you did a fantastic job of putting him back together, will he be riden?

Great job - keep up the good work.

Barbie

default_aktion033.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_firstprize.gif

yay!!!!! I knew you could do it! Dont you feel like emailing that lady and rubbing it in? I hate people that starve thier animals. I have had several rescues myself, I know it doesn't take long to get em looking good. I'm so happy for him, and you........outstanding job! That really brought a smaile to my face, and God knows I need it these days (had a horrible fall from my horse last week, got airlifted to hosp out of state and bad brain injury).

Thanks so much for sharing!
default_wub.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
He's looking absolutely wonderful. Don't you just hate it when someone blames obvious starvation on old age. If that were true there wouldn't be so many old fat people walking around.
default_wink.png

He looks like a completely different horse. You have done an incredible job. I bet he feels like a million bucks !! Even his tail....I cant say enough great things about you or him!!

Latest posts

Back