IS this a scam email

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appymini

Reaction score
Northern Ontario Country( where it is winter 11mon
Its really nice reading back from you.its my pleasure reading back from you.

well as for what i saw in the picture,thats really exactly what am looking for.Ive been searching for one on net but i couldnt get the exact one but i think this is really the one i ve always dreamt of. So is there any further arrangement i have to make?

I would have love to do this in person or on mobile but its hard due to my disability{deaf}.Please i also want you to be aware that am getting the payment to you in forms of check and i do hope you are convenient with this.

I will get you the payment in some days time but it may be in excess cos i also have other transaction to make outta there.

Well never mind.you can get back to me with your full information for the payment ..I mean your name ,address, zip code,mobile number and the best price. I will write you when am ready for the payment Ok.Take Care

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like a scam to me. I know that the "deaf" theme is one that is notorious for use in scams
default_no.gif

It screams scam to me. It is very generic, it can be sent to anyone selling anything. It never asks about shots, worming, hoof care, disposition. Heck, I don't care how much or how little the horse costs, even if it weren't a scam, would you really want someone so vague to own your horse? JMHO

I sent him some pics before I got that email.And then I replyed back I do not like checks.And this is what I got in reply. [ thanks for getting back to me Liz.

I dont see wrong in taking check cos am directing my paycheck straight to your address for the payment .

There is nothing wrong in taking a check.be resr assured that you are perfectly safe with me.

get back to me with the information needed for quick payment.

thanks

donald

It is definitely a scam. I have had the same several times and had them reported. The scammers want to pay quickly in checks that are in excess of the amount you are asking and then they want you to give them the difference back. Their checks are illigetimate and the checks you write are cashed before you or your bank are aware that theirs is phony. Be aware of this and do not respond other than to say you know that they are scammers!
default_nono.gif

A huge red flag is anytime someone tells you they will pay you more then what you are asking for your horse.

SCAM!! SCAM!! SCAM!!

Whenever they want to send you more money than the price of the horse and you are to send the extra money on from your own accout, it is a SCAM!! The check will be no good!!

This says it all

"but it may be in exce[SIZE=36pt]s[/SIZE]s [SIZE=36pt]c[/SIZE]os i also h[SIZE=36pt]a[/SIZE]ve other transaction to [SIZE=36pt]m[/SIZE]ake outta there."

Whenever I get a scam email I always reply back saying that the price is like $156,000,000.....never get a reply back to that one lol. Guess they weren't serious lol
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

I got one just yesterday. He asked "what the condition of IT was" and "what is your final price" .

I emailed back and told them the picture they were looking at was "IT'S" current condition as the pic was taken 2 days before and I only deal in cash. I requested his phone number so I could contact him. I did that because I have gotten too many crank calls. I hate the scams because if it is just someone that has poor english we all miss out.

Good reply!

I always tell them I only take cash also! They never email back.

Susan O.

This says it all
"but it may be in exce[SIZE=36pt]s[/SIZE]s [SIZE=36pt]c[/SIZE]os i also h[SIZE=36pt]a[/SIZE]ve other transaction to [SIZE=36pt]m[/SIZE]ake outta there."
Good one--that pretty much sums it up. If there were no other clue in the e-mail, that one sentence would absolutely confirm that it is a scam.

For sure a scam... and yes, they are beginning to CALL places also using the services provided for the deaf, so you cannot hear their voice and it goes through an operator, etc... rather than dialing directly. They try to hit any avenue they can find to defraud folks.

The cash only idea is a good one! However I dont think I would respond to this one even. Perhaps report the email address to the provider as a fraudulent scammer, etc...

I have seen that exact wording "hope you are convenient with this" in a scam before. sounds like another one to me.

Latest posts

Back