Iowa Valley Carriage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
After doing a search and checking all the prices I think I would like the beta harness from Iowa Valley does anyone have a picture of theirs? The site only shows the saddle. Do you like it? Thanks, Kathy

If this is Sandee Mc Kee of Toledo, I am guessing she can take a pic also and send. I know of one person that bought from her and it was really nice. You might try asking and emailing her off her website. Great person to work with and knows a lot about driving! Lavonne

I have one...and I LOVE it!

You can see on my website.... the harness Magic our mini wears, my mini donkey, Gracey also does.

Angie

www.glacierridge.com

After doing a search and checking all the prices I think I would like the beta harness from Iowa Valley does anyone have a picture of theirs? The site only shows the saddle. Do you like it? Thanks, Kathy

I ordered one out earlier this year to use for CDEs and everyday. I don't have any pictures of the complete harness off the horse, but do have some of it in use. I ordered mine out with the optional wider saddle, false martingale, and buckle-in traces. I do like the harness quite well, and Sandee is wonderful to work with. She's currently hustling around getting me set up with french tugs that I can use with marathon shafts next year too. I had other leather harnesses, both show and everyday, that I took measurements from. The hardest things for me to fit is the headstall. While my little guy has jowls, its a pretty short head, so off the rack stuff generally doesn't fit well. I order out the browband with just a *little* more for room/length than I had on my leather show headstall, exact measurement for the noseband, and corner-to-corner headstall length. It fits like a glove..very pleased, and really like the feel of the beta reins...they rock.

For everyday use, I use the Gator back and breast collar pads. Initially, didn't think I would be in love with them, but they do in fact work really well, and well worth the money. The first picure, I didn't have the gator pads yet, the second, I'm just using the back pad, and the 3rd, full pads, lol.

847343181209_0_ALB.jpg

157343181209_0_ALB.jpg

357343181209_0_ALB.jpg

I am another very happy customer of Sandee's. Really nice harness at a good price. I have used mine in pleasure shows, trail driving, and a CDE. Always get nice comments about it and it wears like iron! Cleans up easy, too. I am a BIG beta fan! Here is Sundance Kid in his beta harness:

HallofChampions.jpg

I also like the gator type pads, instead of the fleecy ones shown here.

Back