Introducing myself

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse-Cow-Gal

Reaction score
:bgrin After some encouragement from fellow show folks, I have decided to join the forum. I started my Mini career after purchasing a yearling stallion. At first I thought it was a mistake as he was quite a "wild" little man. After some extensive bonding and training, I have become ADDICTED!

Currently I am on maternity leave from my R.N. job and have plenty of quality time to spend with my Sunny Boy. He has competed at two local shows (Dunnville and Beamsville), and done an acceptable job. He has had a second and a first in his Yearling class and even is competing in the obstacle classes! (got 2nd out of 13 at Beamsville... so happy!) We have alot to learn about showing yet... and have an open mind for the road ahead.

This is truly a great sport and I have grown to adore this horse and the people who helped me on this journey!

Lisa

Welcome, glad to meet a new member!

This board is a wonderful source of information and encouragement.
default_smile.png

Kari

Welcome from sunny Arizona!! :saludando: :488:

Hello and welcome! I, too, had no idea how much I would enjoy showing and raising these guys.

The board is a great place to pool ideas and opinions and gather information and support.

Looking forward to learning more about you and your minis. You can view mine in the link in my signature if you have time.
default_smile.png

Congrats on the success so far!

Liz M.

Welcome from Maine!! :saludando:

You'll find tons of great info and stories on this forum!!

I'm not a huge show-er...I've done a few local ones. I just enjoy loving on them and spoiling them as I'm sure you do, too.
default_yes.gif
:

Have you heard minis are like potato chips??....can't have just one!
default_wink.png
:

Lisa,

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Miniatures!! - from Wisconsin!!

"CONGRATULATIONS!" on your new little yearling stallion!!

Hey there and welcome to the forum from East Texas!

Congratulations on the new youngun too.....I'm also an RN and currently the director of Surgical Services at our local hospital. What is your specialty area?

Lauralee

Welcome from Maine. :saludando:

Glad to hear your having fun and this forum is a great place to learn! One thing you will learn is one more mini is never enough!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Lisa to the forum from the thumb area of Michigan. :saludando: Do you belong to the Miniature horse club of Ontario?

Hey there and welcome to the forum from East Texas!

Congratulations on the new youngun too.....I'm also an RN and currently the director of Surgical Services at our local hospital. What is your specialty area?

Lauralee
Hi Lauralee,

I also work in surgical services. We were primarily ortho, with a stepdown unit, but now we are general surgery with the stepdown unit.

Take care to a fellow RN!

Welcome Lisa to the forum from the thumb area of Michigan. :saludando: Do you belong to the Miniature horse club of Ontario?
Yes but I haven't shown at their sanctioned shows. Perhaps next year!

Welcome Aboard! :saludando: From sunny Central Oregon.

MA

Welcome Lisa, Congrats on your Youngins wins, you will have fun, they are like potato chips you can't have just one, I am up to 13 plus my 6 Quarter Horses. One so far trained to drive, now i have to learn.

The forum is a great help in a lot of areas.

Jan

:saludando: Hello Lisa, Welcome to the forum from a fellow MHCO member. I live in Kenilworth, Ontario and although I too started out with only 1 mini I am now up to 6, like the saying goes, you can't have just one :bgrin . If you follow the link in my signature you can see my minis on my web site, are you going to post a photo of your boy?

Latest posts

Back