Indy ~ TESTING READY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much yall. She has been doing a lot of butt rubbing today. Rolled some and is happily out grazing. I tried to get a sample to test to see where we are at and that big ole udder cant spare a drop, lol So I will start testing when she gives it up.

Day 304 udder going down during the day up HUGE in the am. Was able to test it tested 7.8. I think we will be able to hang on another week at least. She has started her last round of antibiotics, unless she carries to next month. She is still wide, but not lopsided... Belly still hanging lower. She had a good roll so excuse her dirtiness
default_smile.png

6.13.14 019.jpg

6.13.14 026.jpg

she looks great Holly! sorry I haven't been able to watch for you as yet but I'm on board now
default_smile.png

what is the time for you over there?

p.s what kind of camera do you have? you video is always mega clear! been looking at what cameras to get with Suzie due beginning of august hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks great Holly !!! if you could send some warmer weather to Cassie and I we would be greatly appreciative.
default_smile.png
haha true very true Ryan! though we are at least getting some sun today after a freezing weekend!

thanks for that link Holly you are amazing! :D it looks very similar to the one I have on order mine might not be quite as good as your in the night time, but I will keep your link saved just in case I'm not happy with mine. do you have a light on in her stall in the night time? or is it pitch dark

She is looking good Holly, and baby is moving in just the right direction forward!

Last edited:
Cassie the light in my barn is a 25 W bulb. I also have a second 25 W over the stall behind hers. Thats all we need to get a nice clear picture and still enough for me to see well

I think she is getting close, today her udder was HUGE when I went to feed. Just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Hope to get 10 more days out of her
default_smile.png

Okay, I'm crossing my fingers for 10 more days......you're not asking a lot are you??
default_whistling.gif

Oh Holly she's looking great! And I agree with the others - I dont think you will have much longer to wait to see this (pinto) baby! The main thing to remember with a possible red bag delivery is that you need to get baby out fast. Hopefully as soon as you carefully split the red bag you will see baby right there inside the following white 'bubble' and approaching in the right position. This is the time to grab baby's legs and to help/assist it on a speedy delivery - not actually pulling, but keeping the pressure there to easy it out with each of the mare's contractions, and whip the bag off the baby's head as soon as the chest is delivered. Remember that once true labour starts and the placenta separates, baby has lost its oxygen supplies until birth has taken place, so as fast a delivery as possible is vital!

I'm sure everything will be fine, she's a great mare for breeding, especially to a smaller stallion, and you are doing the right thing by keeping such a close eye on her. Cant wait to see this very special foal after all that you and she have been through.

Good luck!!

Thank you all so much Its so nice to have such warm support.

Day 306~

Her udder stayed up last night, this morning it was bigger and wider. I didnt test but will tonight, she has clear, thick, semi sticky fluid. Teats are not filled. Udder all but there. Vulva not relaxed enough but looking closer. Belly has shifted higher, not quite there either. More butt rubbing, a bit of rolling, holding tail out and to the side. I think I am going to start foal watch.

6.17.14pm 008.jpg

6.17.14pm 006.jpg

6.17.14pm 005.jpg

I think that's a good idea. She is looking really good. A few good rolls could move that little one forward, and her udder can make rapid changes at this point.

All very exciting!!

Thanks for the advice Holly
default_smile.png
)

just checked in on Indy she is calmly grazing her stall, foal looks like its sitting a little more forward at the moment
default_smile.png
she is leg shifting and tail swishing alot foal might be sitting in an uncomfortable position...

God girl, standing right under the cam! Looks (from the top) like baby is lining up -- it seems she would look more slab-sided if I was standing behind her. All good, and all moving forward!

Day 307, making some more progress. Tail head becoming more pronounced, Vulva really relaxing, though she can still squinch it up tight if she wants to
default_smile.png
Her calcium is starting to rise and her ph is at 7.8. Udder staying up more at night but still not as full as mornings, Udder still doesnt look ready. Havent seen/ felt foal movement , which always un nerves me.

Thank you all so much for the extra eyes on her !!!!!

6.18.14am 012.jpg

6.18.14am 010.jpg

6.18.14am 004.jpg

she is looking almost ready to go
default_smile.png

I'm at home sick today so I'll keep an eye on her while I'm awake hehe
is there a different link for macs Holly? can't get the camera up on my macbook...?

WHOOOHOOOOO!!!! You may not have felt baby, but that little one just her know in a big way that s/he was there!

What a delightful kick momma just took from that delightful baby!

Of course, that what momma gets for punching baby with her nose several times! (Guess she was uncomfortable, and thought she could push that baby around. BOY! Did she get a response -- "don't mess with me, momma." )

Latest posts

Back