Indulge me......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
Okay guys, I generally don't like to brag about this sort of thing, but please indulge me.....I'm just way too excited.........

With my hand surgeries I haven't been able to do any drawings as I don't have quite enough control over my hand right now (the surgery on my dominant hand was done just 4 weeks ago) for pencil drawings so I thought I would start by doing a painting. I haven't done many paintings and thought I could "reteach" myself to hold the brush loosely and use my arm more than my hand. Well, it seemed to work. I was a bit sore after I finished, but not nearly as bad as I am when I try to write or draw (I tend to get a death grip on the pencil.....especially when I draw). I am working hard to get the strength in my hand back as well as the dexterity so I think I'll be back to drawing in a few weeks.

A friend of mine lost her dog recently to liver failure and this is done from several photos of her dog (tho' none in this particular pose.....I just remember him lying down and looking up at her like this all the time). I'm terrible with words ant thought doing something like this would be the best way for me to express my condolences. I'd promised her something years ago, but never got around to it because I just wasn't sure I could do it right (I always manage to doubt it every time I start any of my artwork). However, I'm more than thrilled with the outcome.

I've only done two other oil paintings in my life (one WAY back in high school 20 years ago) and tho' this isn't the style that a lot of people like it's what *I* like and what I like to do. It's very similar to my cartooning or my ceramic paintings, but I think this paint medium makes for a much nicer outcome and I think I'll do a lot more of them.

I finally got a way to download my photos again (&*#! cat chewed the camera cable so I had to buy a multicard reader) so I uploaded a photo tonight:

231301933.jpg

I am not pleased with the location of my signature as I think it's distratcting so I'm considering moving it. However, other than maybe moving the signature, letting it finish dry and framing it, it's done.

Now........as this friend JUST lost her dog about a week ago how long do you think I should wait to send this? I know it will take another week or two to finish drying but is that enough time? If it were you would a month be too soon to receive something like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, If it were me I think I would love to recieve something like that as soon as possible. It would make me feel very nice to know someone did that for me.
default_wub.png
: I think it is beautiful. You must be very talented.
default_smile.png

Great job! I agree, the sooner the better! When my parent's lost their beloved little dog, my sister and I gave them a picture of her with a sentimental poem about losing a pet, and how they never leave your heart, and had it all framed for them. They just loved it!

I'll indulge you! Thats beautiful!!!! What a wonderful thing to do for your friend.

It took me a moment to locate your signature but if you are really worried about it howabout incorporating it into the ruff of the dog???

I think it is great- send it now!!

Consider yourself indulged! I absolutely love it! now do some more, looks like fabulous therapy! :aktion033:

What a sweet face!!!! Love the Bently
default_rolleyes.gif
: Having lost my acd only a month ago, I would love for anyone to care enough to do something like that for me. So no, it is not too soon. Great job! :aktion033:

Thanks guys. I wound up not changing the location of the signature, but I did alter it so it's not as apparent.

That is just GORGEOUS! Super job!! :aktion033: I'm sure she would like it whenever you can give it to her. She will LOVE it!

Having pretty severe hand/arm issues of my own I feel for you. I may never draw again, and seeing you painting after having your surgery made me smile from ear to ear. Like you writing or drawing causes me some pretty serious issues but unlike you I have never had any skill at painting. *is jealous* :bgrin

The painting looks fantastic. I think you should send it as soon as possible. I know if someone did something like that for me after I lost one of my critters i would be incredibly moved and it would feel like such a blessing.

Stunning! send as soon as it is dry--she will LOVE it and it will bring warmth to her heart! jennifer :saludando:

Latest posts

Back