Importing horses into other countries?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickhorses

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could e-mail me information on importing horses over to other countries?. A client of ours really wants to purchase one of our horses and import it into Australia but needs assistance in doing that. I would appreciate any help! My e-mail is [email protected] - thanks! Danielle

I had a stallion exported from Australia to the US and it basically had the same requirements as exporting from the US, except for the quarantine time. It was a lot shorter. You might try calling some of the quarantine places, EMO Trans or EZ to Spot, and ask them what the requirements are.

Forgot to mention. I think there are only 2 places that the horse can leave from. One is California and the other is New York. I am not sure if there is one in Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I have a stallion in quarantine at this very moment with Ez2Spot. He will have done 30 days with them before flying to the UK. We now have his flight dates - 25th January to arrive at Prestwick, Scotland on the 26th. He flies out from Texas, direct to Scotland. Ez2Spot have been just brilliant, and have guided us first time purchasers from the US through everything. They have great facilities, genuinely care for the horses in their charge, and to top it all, they actually accompany the horse on the flight and deliver it into your hands. They do fly worldwide with the horses, so it might be worth contacting them for a quote. They also collected our little chap from his home in NJ and hauled him to their ranch in Texas, as soon as our purchase had been made. (glance at my info below and you will find the name of our eagerly awaited new boy!)

I would highly recommend Ez2Spot for any transport work.

Anna

Latest posts

Back