I'm soo jelaous!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelspeeper

Reaction score
I'm so jealous to all of you that are getting LK horses!! Congrats to all they are beautiful! They have a stallion that I'm just drooling for...maybe I should get a bib! LOL But unfortunately the timing is not right, If only this sale would have been in the fall. Oh well...maybe they will hold another Octoberfest. (hint hint hubby) I already have a grandson and and great-granddaughter of Buckeroo, but to have an own son as my herd sire...I would be beside myself. We got the grandson already gelded. Guess I'll have to keep dreaming for now.

I'm sorry. You know, the timing will all come together at some point for you just like it did for us. I WANTED to buy at Oktoberfest and some of the other sales last year and couldn't afford to even think about getting a bidding number. In fact we have been pretty slow at work and 2 weeks ago I NEVER would have thought I'd be getting a Buckeroo daughter in my lifetime, let alone now. But it all fell together like a puzzle, horses sold out of nowhere and suddenly I was emailing Robin with my husband cheering me on
default_smile.png

Hang in there - Oktoberfest will be here before you know it!

(I bet I know which boy you are talking about....
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost my bid. But that's ok, that filly was'nt ment to be for me I guess. Maybe next time!

HUGE CONGATS on everyones bids!
default_biggrin.png

Awww, Don't worry. I would love to get one now too, But I have a list of to do's first. The timing just isn't right for me. I am saving for Octoberfest and will be going in person to check out the horses this year. Unless there is a major catastrophe, niether He** or high water will keep me away this year. Just think, if you get to Octoberfest, there will be others you can see, and all in person. Not to mention, God willing, You may have the opportunity to see in person, the grand ol boy that started it all!

Things will come together, don't worry.

Thanks guy (or ladies) for the encouragement. It's just we are trying to relocate to a place of our own. Boarding out our horses REALLY stinks!! As much as I would LOVE to have an own Buckeroo son, I want my own place more! eeww...I hate having to stick to priorities! But being able to look out the window of my house and see my horses versus getting in the truck and driving to see them WILL be worth the wait!

Just think then I won't feel so left out of hauling warm water out, thawing frozen buckets, or freezing my behind off! LOL

I'm going to Oktoberfest regaurdless!!! This is THE year...I just hope the ol boy is still around for me to give him a rub. He is one of the reasons I got into minis. I saw a picture of him and fell in love. I have a grandson...gelded:(, and a great-granddaughter already, but to own an own son...(slobber...drool...I'll go get a bib)
default_smile.png

I'm sorry. You know, the timing will all come together at some point for you just like it did for us. I WANTED to buy at Oktoberfest and some of the other sales last year and couldn't afford to even think about getting a bidding number. In fact we have been pretty slow at work and 2 weeks ago I NEVER would have thought I'd be getting a Buckeroo daughter in my lifetime, let alone now. But it all fell together like a puzzle, horses sold out of nowhere and suddenly I was emailing Robin with my husband cheering me on
default_smile.png
Hang in there - Oktoberfest will be here before you know it!

(I bet I know which boy you are talking about....
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
)
And which one would that be????
default_wub.png
So many to choose from...But one definitely caught my eye..I would (almost) kill for.
default_unsure.png
did I just say that?

As the wicked witch said to Dorothy: "All in due time my dear, all in due time........"

Your day will come!

I hope you do get your dream some day! I love Buckeroo too!

Good luck!

Thanks. It will happen someday, but right now I have to sacrifice the wonderful opportunity that those at Little Kings Farm have offered. Getting my own place is far more important right now. Having to board out my horses STINKS!!!

BUT...I will attend the Oktoberfest this year! (um...that is IF they are having it) I'll try not to drool...too much.
default_rolleyes.gif
(I'll bring lots of bibs...lol

I am so in the crowd of those who are wishing they could take advantage of such a wonderful oppurtunity. Timing isn't right here either. Someday...Like everyone has said good things come to those who wait....

Good things come to those who wait...............
default_smile.png
default_wink.png
This is soooo true!!! Come on October!!!!! If they are gonna have the Oktoberfest...I WILL be there!!!!! I just hope the boy I'm in love with will still be for sale then, but if not...I'm sure I will find another to fall head over heels over!

Hmmm...Why am I limiting myself...maybe a daughter???? I already have a great-granddaughter, and a grandson. (but he's gelded
default_sad.png
)

OOOHHHH....then there are priorities...yuck....real life is no fun!

prioritiy list

1. place of my own...boarding out the horses stinks!

2. show cart...for horse at the trainers

3. LK buckeroo offspring
default_wub.png
....just don't let my husband see this
default_rolleyes.gif

Now, now. Don't you all cry- LOL There are plenty of others we can find for you! We just have to find the "right" one at the "right" time. I so believe things happen for a reason in life and sometimes you don't understand why until later. No different than the day Mom got the letter from Lowell Boone giving her the option to buy Buckeroo before anyone else. Just make yourself the perfect horse dream list and keep your eyes open (send it to me though just in case I can find one that matches it). I truly believe there is a horse for everyone and everyone for a horse and even in every pocket book. It is finding the "right" match. We'll keep looking till we find "the one"!

Robin-LKF

I too would love a Buckeroo daughter (or son), but its not in the budget and hubby says I already have too many (I only have 10 minis and 3 saddle horses, so far from too many), so for now I'll enjoy my two Buckeroo grandget. But, oh man, there is a mare that is just to die for, and a couple fillies too.
default_wub.png

I too would love a Buckeroo daughter (or son), but its not in the budget and hubby says I already have too many (I only have 10 minis and 3 saddle horses, so far from too many), so for now I'll enjoy my two Buckeroo grandget. But, oh man, there is a mare that is just to die for, and a couple fillies too.
default_wub.png
Now see the problem here is that you TELL your hubby how many you have. When anybody asks, I just say oh around 15. Then chuckle and say not sure how many! That way hubby can't tell EXACTLY how many you DO have!!!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

default_wub.png
Now see the problem here is that you TELL your hubby how many you have. When anybody asks, I just say oh around 15. Then chuckle and say not sure how many! That way hubby can't tell EXACTLY how many you DO have!!!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png
He can count, I have don't have to TELL him anything.
default_wink.png
He thought I had too many 3-4 horses ago, and I managed to buy 2-3 more and we had a foal in 2009. So, I'm thinking I'll just raise the additions to my herd (expecting 3 in a few months).
default_biggrin.png
But, I'd still like more Buckeroo in my herd and I have my eye on a palomino mare of different breeding.

Now, now. Don't you all cry- LOL There are plenty of others we can find for you! We just have to find the "right" one at the "right" time. I so believe things happen for a reason in life and sometimes you don't understand why until later. No different than the day Mom got the letter from Lowell Boone giving her the option to buy Buckeroo before anyone else. Just make yourself the perfect horse dream list and keep your eyes open (send it to me though just in case I can find one that matches it). I truly believe there is a horse for everyone and everyone for a horse and even in every pocket book. It is finding the "right" match. We'll keep looking till we find "the one"!
Robin-LKF
I couldn't agree more Robin. Everything in life happens for a reason. We might not understand it now or even later, sometimes you never quite understand the "why" behind things. But, you just have to have faith that the good Lord above has his reasons. Things work out in the end.

I must first get my OWN place. I don't know about where you are, but here boarding is VERY expensive! I can't even think about adding to my herd until then. We are planning on getting a place sometime this Spring. But you know how that goes......then you have make sure it is "horse ready". OUCH!!!! I already see the money flying out the window.
default_new_shocked.gif

I sure hope that your family will have another Oktoberfest. I WILL be there if you do. Hopefully to buy, but if nothing more than to give Mr. Buckeroo a scratch on the neck.
default_wub.png
Don't worry...I'll bring lots of absorbent drool bibs so I don't slobber on the big guy.
default_biggrin.png

Timeless,

Thank you. If I ever get to the East coast...I will give you a shout.

I must say, you have very good taste in horses too!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back