I'm So HAPPY VERY VERY HAPPY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzmoe

Reaction score
Well today I decided it would be the day to try Storm out for a short little ride. I don't have a saddle so it was bareback. At first I wasnt so sure. He fought putting the bridle on at first but after that he was quiet. I had my friend Amber boost me up onto him. No tenseness or anything. I ask him to walk on and he quietly did. From the get go though he didn't give me any problems really. The only thing that I noticed was his mouth was a little "hard". I still kept light contact on him and asked him to work off my legs more so. He obliged and tried his best. We even TROTED some and it was awesome. He was so smooth!!! Anyways over the winter since he still isnt up to weight and energy; we are just going to do some walking and working on bending and working with legs/body weight more so. And working on light contact and responding to the bit more. He seemed very content after my short ride and a lot more regal then when we started. I got the feeling that someone treated him pretty harsh under saddle. Maybe the people that neglected him so bad
default_wacko.png
: If so that would say a lot. Grrr people can be so stupid. Wouldnt surprise me the least if he put up with stupid stuff and finally had enough. He had the willing to please attitude since I have owned him but is aprhensive from time to time. Thankfully he is getting more confidence and is a big sweetie.

Anyways enough of me yapping lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome news! Continued success to you both!

Liz M.

That poor dude. You're probably right about him having been mishandled undersaddle as well as in his care... your love will go a long way. He will quickly respond to your kindness, and seems to have already.

i watched a programe the other night about these poor ammiciated horses, one was called PLAYBOY 2OOO it collapsed in the stall after they rescued it,and they didnt think it would make it, anyway it showed you the same horse a year later with its new owner, and she was riding it in a rounpen and doing barrel whatever its called lol...anyway you wouldnt believe the difference in it, it reminded me so much of your horses plight.......to me you get what you give...and your horse is starting to repay your kindness
default_wub.png
: oh and hes beautiful by the way
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back