I'm so excited

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigha

Reaction score
So I got this mini mare (2 yrs old)who was afraid of people and had absolutly NOOO training at all not even a halter. So we've gotten her friendly now and have been working on the halter training for about 2 weeks now. So tonight after riding Senorr and giving him a bath I thought I would start getting her used to the hose for baths. Kept her in her comfort zone but put the halter on her and went to the running hose and started spraying it around on the ground for her to get used to the sound. She didn't flinch so I went a step further to hosing her legs....no need to go step by step but in the end she got her VERY first bath and never moved....I never tied her and some of the time while scrubbing her I wasn't even holding the leadrope. I'm so proud of Rayne. Of course after that I let her go and she promptly rolled
default_smile.png
Which was fine since I hadn't even planned to bathe her. I did get her tail wrapped before she got dirty.
default_smile.png
picture of her after her roll is in photos section.

I have always been amazed at how fast the minis are to train!

Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Looking forward to photos!!

So today I took the clipper out there to get Rayne used to the sound and the feel of the vibration and ended up clipping her bridle path...not her face yet that will take a few sessions but it was amazing. I'm just so happy with her so far. Will keep you all updated. Now I'm off to take a few pictures if she will stay far enough away for me to get a good picture. She is definantly turning into a pocket mare.

Latest posts

Back