i'm moving to Iowa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angle ridge

Reaction score
It has been a while since i've been on here. Me and my Husband will be relocating

For his new job, and it is in Iowa. I have not lived outside of Wisconsin.

It's a town called Maquacata (I think that is the spelling) Anyone from there, or around there?
default_unsure.png

Thanks Judy

Could it be Maquoketa?

If so it's a really nice little town, yet not too small.

We have not lived there but have been there and gone through often. We looked at property in the area a couple of times. We are now in Wisconsin but I had a nice impression of Maquoketa when we were over that way.

Anne

Welcome to Iowa!!! Maquoketa is a fairly nice town...I am from the Cedar Rapids area (Alburnett/Center Point) but now I moved to Dysart.

Hi and welcome! I'm also from Iowa, and have driven through Maquokata. Once dated someone who lived there but I won't say the whole town is that bad (ha ha!
default_wink.png
)

Edited to add: they have caves there!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to add that if you would like to meet more people around here there are two really good clubs in Iowa one is the Iowa Miniature Horse Club Iowa Club and the other is the All American Miniature Horse Club AAMHC. On the 20 and 21 of this month the AAMHC show is going to be held if you could go and meet people there and there will be a show in Des Moines July 18 and 19 for the Iowa club.

Thanks everyone. Sorry i replyed twice. As you can tell i don't reply here very often. I do read the forums everyday.

It looks like a real nice place, and i think we will like it.

I will probly have to board my mini's that i get to bring with. I never did that.

Thanks

Judy

Hi Judy, Welcome to Iowa!
default_saludando.gif

The area you are moving to is very pretty and there are some great riding areas up there if you ride too. Russ is from up near there so you will probably get a big hello from him also. I don't know about horse facilities in that area, but, most people are very friendly and willing to help so don't hesitate to ask.

Latest posts

Back