I'M HOOKED!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations and welcome to the world of minis!

A lot of us here started with, and some still have, big horses, too
default_smile.png
When I got my first mini, I knew I'd love him but thought I could not ever enjoy a mini nearly as much as my riding horses... Well, it's been 7 years now and I have lots of minis and hardly ever choose to ride the biggies these days. I just enjoy the minis so much!

default_smile.png

There's no name for the disease yet but you have been officially "infected" by minis as we all have. Welcome to the forum and the world of minis from Wisconsin, USA.

Hmmmm yup, it sounds to me like you have been infected by mini fever alright. :no: Unfortunately, there is NO cure for this, well, except for maybe to acquire more! :eek: Congratulations with bringing home Bailey and a big hug to your wonderful hubby for helping make it happen.
default_yes.gif
: Looking forward to pictures and your keeping us updated as to how things are going.
default_wink.png
:

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum

You must be warned about these little guys they are very addictive, i started with 1 just as a companion to a full size horse and now have 9 (with hopefully 2 more on the way soon).

I wish you all the best and hope that the time goes quickly until you get him home.

And thats a great husband you have there.

:saludando:

Joanne

Hi Maplegum

I too are from Australia - and like you, I started with one mini and then about 4 mths later, got Bobby a pal. We have just over 1 and a quarter acres - and yes, Bailey will be happier with a pal to hang with. I now have Bobby and Tilly - and they are inseparable. Good luck with everything- Bailey looks very very cute.

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you from?

Regards, Kerrie
I'm about 1 hour west of Melbourne, tucked away in the forrest. We have been there for 12 months and love the country life! Bringing Bailey home will make it all so much better. Where in NSW are you??

Can i ask, did you get your second mini only to keep your first one company?

Oh, I agree with Sandee, You have got an infection now! There is no way to "cure" it, however you can treat the symptoms. WITH MORE MINIS!! That's the only way this illness is treated!

Almost 3 years ago, I started with just one, so I thought... I couldn't stand the thought of him being the only little horsey with no buddy! So my friend, "The Breeder" who cursed me with the infection, found this wonderful deal on a top notch mare that was 15. Her price was very low due to her only having 2 babies her whole life but I didn't care about that. "Star" needed a buddy when he got here and her price of a good home and little money was PERFECT!

Needless to say, she is now on Regumate, pregnant and due in May if everything goes well.
default_pray.gif
:

And after she was confirmed in foal, I HAD TO HAVE MORE! So 2 new mares found there way to my house and are now bred too.

My next step is start showing!

Congrads on your new baby and good luck on your future minis to be.... :bgrin I just know it will happen.

Congrats on your cutie, one of my favourite colours too.

Minis are really addictive. 3 years ago I had 9 arabian horses, had been breeding them since 1994, owned since 1991. I heard about a small pony being abused so bought him for $250. He was not registered but found out he could be. Unfortunatly AMHR closed their books to hardshipping before I could get him registered with them, he is to big for AMHA. Anyway so I registered him WCMHR. Well a year or so went by and thought he was lonely as all I had were arabians and him. So I bought a registered AMHR mare(Des), come to find out she was in foal, sadly foal died during delivery, Then I was just looking on the net and saw Coyote Winds Knockout and knew I had to have him so bought him. Then that summer bought a 2005 AMHR mini filly(Sky), then that september bought a AMHR mini mare in foal(Karli), then in October bought 2 more mini mares in foal(one AMHA/AMHR-Peanut and one AMHR-Dandy who aborted her foal about a month after arriving at our farm) and a 2005 AMHA/AMHR mini filly(Lucy). Then in 2006 I bought a AMHR mare in foal(Candy), a AMHR filly(Bree), a AMHR stallion(Harvey), and had 3 foals born, 2 AMHR colts that I sold(Kasper and Jasper) and a AMHA/AMHR filly that I kept(Jypsy). I am now at 12 minis with 4 foals due in 2007 and I no longer have 9 arabians, am down to just 2. My riding horse, SPH Phancyphire and my husbands riding horse, Kharouf.
default_smile.png
So they are really addictive and I am looking to add a few more mares, fillies to my herd and maybe a 3rd stallion if I can find the right one. :aktion033:

Edited to add: We will start showing in 2007 in Ontario at some of the shows there. Can't wait.

I'm about 1 hour west of Melbourne, tucked away in the forrest. We have been there for 12 months and love the country life! Bringing Bailey home will make it all so much better. Where in NSW are you??

Can i ask, did you get your second mini only to keep your first one company?

Hi

I live in between Bega and Batemans Bay, at a bewtiful little fishing village - which is about 8 hours north of Melbourne - and bout 5 hours south of Sydney, on the lower south coast. And yes, I only got Tilly for company for Bob. I thought I would be enuf but there is no way I could replace good ole fashioned "horse company". Bob and Tilly are inseparable and when they first got to see each other, they were so happy. I have never regretted getting her. Bobby is still as friendly as ever - neighs when he hears my voice and runs over - what more could I want. But the main thing is that he has company - for when I cant be with him. This forum is brilliant so you will get heaps of advice from the people of here. Cheers, Kerrie

:saludando: I too am new to the mini world, we purchased a mini gelding for my daughter in November.. and just fell in love with him. We have always had QH's until recently. After only 2 months without a horse we could NOT stand it anymore. Since the purchase of the gelding ( Mini Bucks CK Shooting Star) we have purchased a colt to keep him company. I am soooo used to the constant needs of the big horses that it amazes me as to the low upkeep of my new ones. And the wonderful personalities these little guys have, there is no way that you can tell them that they are little.. they are huge in their hearts.

I love these forums, even though I do not say alot, I am learning sooooooo much!!! Seems every time I have a question, someone asks, and there are so many that are so eagar to teach and explain. I have never met a more "family" group of people has I have met since I entered the miniature horse world. There has not been one person that I have sent an email to or called that has not ended the conversation with " come see us, we would be so glad to have you visit".

I am sure everyone will see more of me on here, I'm coming up with more and more questions everyday. I think its because everyday my horses do something that either I will want to brag on or question.

Back to where I was going with this....... WELCOME and CONGRATS on the new baby!!!!!!

Back