I'm home for good!! YIPPEE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I had my last two radiation treatments in Nashville yesterday. Immediately after that last treatment, my oncologist removed the jumper cables from my breast (giant sigh of relief). He put a dressing on it and I was free to come home. They also gave me a pink certificate of completion. I cried. Duh. It's like this giant black cloud that has been over my head since July has evaporated. I'm so relived, thankful, grateful, all the above.

We got home last evening around 6:00 pm or so and I got to sit on the sofa with hubby. How nice was that?

I'm tired. It's difficult to sleep in a different place, plus uncomfortable with wires coming out of you because when you roll over on them, it wakes you up. So I slept well last night, in my own bed.

I'm thankful for everyone's well wishes, and prayers. I'm on the road to recovery. I've got return visits with all sorts of doctors for follow-ups but it could very well be that I am cancer free at this point. How cool is that??

I appreciate everyone's care and concern here at Lil Beginnings. I felt like I had all these people standing behind me, holding me up.

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I'm SO thrilled!!!!!!!!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

I've been following your progress, and am so happy that you have had the good people at LB here for you!!! There is an amazingly caring group of people here!!! YOU GO GIRL
default_wub.png

That's super cool!!!!

default_thumbup.gif
default_488.gif
default_thumbup.gif
default_488.gif

I'm so happy for you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are all sooo very happy for you Shelley!!! I'll continue to lift you up in prayer
default_pray.gif
You are a brave woman with a wonderful attitude. Enjoy your weekend.

Wonderful news that you are home and doing so well!!!!!! I am happy that you had a good nights sleep in your own bed, that always makes you feel better for sure!! I will continue to pray for you to get that cancer free report!!

Latest posts

Back