I'd love to meet you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI! :saludando: And welcome to the Forum! Our farm is Kickapoo Acres and is located in Southwestern Ohio. My name is Dona, and I've been a regular participant here on the Forum from the beginning. My husband Marvin & I have been raising Miniature Horses since 1989, but I've owned full sized horses before that for pretty much my whole life. (and I'm no spring chicken). :lol:

Marvin & I have been married 34 years & have two grown sons & 4 grandchildren. Our farm is small by choice, and our minis' numbers range from 8 - 14, depending on how many foals we have each year.

We like them flashy, and we like them small. So, we are proud of the very small & correct visual Frame Overos and Toveros we have been producing, who have also been show winners in both AMHA & AMHR.

Our farm consists of 5 acres with a 1/2 acres pond & willow trees. My husband's "passion" seems to be mowing, as he keeps it all (even the pasture) mowed & looking like a golf course.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

In addition to the Miniatures, we have an abundance of barn cats (mostly Manx & Manx/Siamese), a 150 lb Great Pyrenees "Panda" who patrols the pasture & watches over our Minis & barn cats, a full Siamese house cat "Meowsie" & a 5lb Maltese named "Opie".

I also enjoy sharing my Miniatures with others at schools, nursing homes, retirement centers, exhibitions, parades, etc.

MinisAug06PastureSmall30001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :saludando:

My name is Mijke, 36 springtimes old and happily living with my hubby Chris in the Netherlands.

We have been in mini's for about 7 years now and we drastically downsized our herd recently because we are emigrating to Sweden some time soon! We will start a hotel-business there (and will continue in a few years wih the miniatures).

We have 4 miniatures now (all AMHA). They all will go with us to Sweden:

Stallions:

- ARIONS DESTINY GOLD CHARM

1964_arion_0605_810a3.jpg

- BRITT HELM SIMPLY ARROGANT

britthelmsimplyarrogantsilverdapple.jpg

Mares:

- DOUBLE D KISSANDRA

double_d_kissandra_miniature_horse_minipaarden_0100.jpg

- GRASSCORNERS EMBLEMS ELEGANCE

grasscorners_emblems_elegance_cremello_filly_0560.jpg

And we have about 10 chickens and 2 doggies (a Border Collie and an English Springer Spaniel):

honden001.jpg

honden003.jpg

Welcome from Texas

My name is Anita I am around horses all my life. My Grandfather bred Clyderdale, my father Hannoveranian and I got my first own horse with age 4 a Shetland. My father took me on all shows that means I grew up on horse shows. Later in life my heart felt for Peruvian Paso and still have a passion for theses beautiful horses.

We immigrated to the United States in 1990 with 4 dogs and 5 Peruvian Paso. We have chosen America as our homeland because we are Americans with all our hearts. Our goal was to retire in this most beautiful Country on earth.

We sold the Peruvian Paso and still watch them in the show string and are happy we could contribute to the breed here.

So we were 5 years without horses it was not a life. We were missing horses every day! Finally we got Miniature Horses and we started over again.

We are now located in Texas and that's Little Texas Miniature Horses we have together 150 acres with 32 miniature horses, over 100 alpacas which is our business, 30 show llamas and 5 Staffordshire Bullterrier.

Glad to see you arround

Anita

Hi and welcome to this forum!

My husband and I have "Whinny for Me Farm" in Spotsylvania, VA. We are home to many accomplished show horses and will breed for our first foal crop this coming spring.

In addition to our 17 miniature horses, we have 6 dogs (4 shih-tzu, 1 lab x chow, and 1 collie), 3 cats (1 maine coon, and 2 himalayans), 4 nigerian dwarf goats, and 2 full size horses (an arab x qh and a morgan x standard bred).

All our horses and 4 legged babies are on our website: Whinny For Me Farm

hi5.gif

Farm name: Midnight Star Stables

Family: Me, my father, my step-father, my mother

Horses:

Stallions:

Midnight's Proud Dream (WCMHR) 27yrs old

Mares:

Bks Early Morning Joy (AMHA/AMHR/WCMHR pending) 2yrs

Geldings:

Town n Country Pat (AMHR/WCMHR pending) 8yrs

Blue Ridge Billy (AMHA) 24yrs

Big Horses:

Rusty (QH)

Jamie (aged TB)

Tam (Sport horse)

Guenny (WB)

Me:

16yrs

proud MHCO/AMHR members

I love showing
default_wub.png
:

Pictures on Website

Welcome to the Forum! :saludando:

My name is Debra and my husband Steve and I have been married for over 11 years and live in sunny Central Oregon on a 460 acre farm. We just moved a few weeks ago so there are lots of projects to complete but we have big ideas and a lot of patience. We have three wonderful kids: Austin (10), Lauren (8) and Katelyn (4) that keep us quite busy. My husband is a dentist and I am a dental hygienist who works away from home occasionally but prefers to be home with my kids, both furry and otherwise. I always wanted to be a vet and went to hygiene school as a way to "make ends meet" while in vet school. I even finished off my pre-vet courses during my summers in hygiene school and worked as a zookeeper and with the zoo vet at the Oregon Zoo, with a real focus on continuing on. Well, then my husband and I had our first big surprise....oopsie, and then there was Austin! *LOL* It was a blessing in disguise because now I can have the life I wanted raising horses without the time away from my home and family that would have been my life if I had actually become a large animal vet.

Our farm name is Cascade Arabians & Miniatures (CAM)

Last year we downsized to:

(1) gray Arabian mare-Misty

(1) Bay Pinto Half-Arab, NSH filly (Misty's)-Destiny

(2) Mini Stallions-Copy Cat & Incredible

(4) Mini Mares-Missy, Splash, Chili and Honey

(1) aging Welsh/Arab Cross mare-Ginger or affectionately known as "Pony-oh-ny"

(3) Dogs- two Rottweilers (Shasta and Hanna) and one 9 week old Anatolian Shepherd Pup (Bear)

(2) Cats- Baillee (inside only) and Jada (barn cat)

We also have a newly acquired female llama (Tippy) we got from MiniV here on the forum.
default_smile.png

We downsized when we were on 5 acres before the move as we were tired of leasing pasture then we fell upon this property so you can only imagine what I want to do...fill it up of course!
default_wink.png
:

Yes... read each and every post and so enjoyed learning about everyone and where they call home! :bgrin

I am in upstate New York with a slightly downsized farm on top of a hill that often gets hit by lightning... married 19 years this coming year with two boys 16 and almost 15. I work in a high school as secretary to the principal. The rest of my family is:

Miniatures...
002_22.JPG

Haligonian Mercy Bo Cool aka "Mercy" (AMHR/PtHA black pinto mare, 12 years old) - here kissing her new friend "Rich In Dallas". Mercy has been on Animal Planet, appeared in several magazines and books and is a certified Pet Partner animal assisted therapy horse as well as a recipient of the AMHR Performance Hall of Farm in Hunters, Jumpers and Halter Obstacle...
default_wub.png
:

001_23A.JPG

Silversong Freedom Rings aka "Freedom" (AMHA/AMHR/PtHA bay pinto mare, 5 years old) (foreground)

Nor-Lea's Preferred Class aka "Independence" (AMHA/AMHR chestnut mare, 7 years old) (behind Freedom)

Modern Shetlands/American Show Ponies...

005_19A.JPG

Silversong Nefertiti, foaled 05-22-06, daughter of E's Blaze of Glory by E's Intisapatience
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:

022_2A.JPG

Georgetown's Last Chance, my Area One Senior Mare Champion and Grand Champion Modern Pleasure Shetland Pony and Grand Champion American Show Pony

and my PMU filly, Finisterre

Finisterre%202004.jpg

plus dogs Bridget (German Shorthaired Pointer) and Quinn (Yellow Labrador Retriever)

and cats Lexi (DSH rescue) and Mrs. Whiskers (Siamese)

What a wonderful thread! Happy Holidays to all!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Well, I'm a mid-20's mother of one. My husband (Dave) is a tester for electric boards, and my son (Nathan) was born in August of 2005- he's my precious lil boy.

No horses, ever- much to my great sorrow. Lots of dreams, but currently waiting to see about pain in my hands and the rest of me. Can't work due to it, plus I have anxiety/depression (possible bi-polar) disorders... makes life interesting.

I learn as much as I can though, and welcome to the forum... it's wonderful here.

Hi I'm also new to forum and minis started out with one and have gotten up to 3 now in the past year. Each one is a joy in their own way. we live in Va. bought a 35 acre piece of land we have a total of 5 children from the ages of 26 down to 7 years and out of all of the children the youngest is a horse lover like myself, husband just goes along for the two of us. We have 25 chickens,2 peacocks and 2 dogs, 2 ferrets, 1 parrots, and5 ducks and 1 Shetland pony. Meet a wonderful breeder that soon became friend and helping us with showing and any questions we have in between. I've gotten 2 from the same breeder and still can't seem to get enough. I've learned alot from the forum and seen that no questions are dumb ones. Thanks for having us.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I've been a member and sponsor for about 5 years and so glad to read about everyone here.

My name is Davilene Killman and go by the nickname of Davie. I'm a federal employee working for the Department of Defense and only have 12 more years before I can retire--late start to my career.

Location: I own 5 acres in Norman OK. The farm's name is Arabesque Acres. The word Arabesque means "intricate pattern - employs flower, foliage, or fruit and sometimes animals to produce an intricate pattern of interlaced lines". It is also the name of one of Hitchcock's movies and is really were my ex came up with the name years ago for our show kennel. When he left I kept the farm.

Family: I have 2 grown sons

James and his lovely wife Jody and their 4 daughters (9, 7, 5, and 2) who help with the showing of the horses

John and his lovely wife Tempal and their 3 sons (6, and Tempals boys 19, & 14)

Horses:

Sr Stallions

TMM Destiny's Daily Double, a son of Alvadar Double Destiny

Silver Plates Stoli, a son of Little King White Russian

Bite Size Mufasa/Cadle Creeks Little Joe, 1999 AMHR Multi National Champ Driving Stallion

Jr Stallion

Arabesque Apaches Onyx Moon, 26" black pinto grandson of Johnstons Super Charger (For Sale)

Sr Mares

Bickels Berry Foxy, Gentrys Peanut Queenie, Amber Oaks Par Te Doll, Arabesque Just A Little Bit Fancy,

Amber Oaks Abit Fancy, Bear Farms Deva of the Isles, and Amber Oaks Dancing Dove

Jr Mares

Arabesque Queens Princess Royale, Arabesque Doubles Justa Bit Special, Arabesque Mufasas 4Ever

Springtime, and Amber Oaks Doubles Barbie Doll

Gelding

Britt Helm Red Hot N Rollin-AMHR Multi National Top Ten Driving Gelding

Willow Creeks Spark-E-Lee, Rocking M BFB Color Me 2 Kool, and Amber Oak Doubles Image

Donkeys/Mules

Rich JJJ Hannah, Arabesque Jim Beam, and Arabesque Boot Scootin Boogie

I'm also owned by 9 chickens, 1 outside cat, 2 inside/outside cats, one totally inside cat and the newest addition to the family--Little Man (aka Arabesque Heza Tiny Tornado) my 4 1/2 mo old Min Pin.

Please visit my website at www.arabesqueacres.com where you can see more about the horses.

Hello from the South! I love seeing all these descriptions since we have only been LB members since May of 2006. We got started with minis due to our daughters love for horses. And everyone knows you can't have just one.

So members of KayJay Farm are:

Myself - Engineer for the Army and my husband Kyle - works for Dept of Corrections

Almost 5 year old daughter and 1 1/2 year old son - pictures on website, www.kayjayfarm.com

And my mom lives across the field

16 minis with one due any day

4 barn cats and 2 house cats

3 dogs

4 goats

We all live on 25 acres in central Northern Alabama.

Hope you enjoy the forum. Lots of knowledge and experience here to learn from.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Everybody here has always been kind and helpfu, and there are a lot of really super smart people here.

I am Robin, married to Carmen, both age 52. I have been in horses for 33 years, breeding minis for10 years but have had minis longer. I am a R.N. and work with new born babies. But I would rather just work with horses.

Farm name.. TrueJoy Miniatures, named after both our deceased Moms, no kids. except furry ones. Married almost 30 years.

I am down to one stallion, a tiny almost 28" LWO+ tovero blue eyed Boogerman son, I have one show gelding and 9 mares. We usually only have 2-3 foals a year. We are nobody special but I have had some really nice babies and I am proud of my little herd, that I have chosen carefully over time.

I take my gelding to schools, nursing homes, churches and of course, to horse shows, maybe one or two a year.

I have 4H and scout groups over,to see the horses and learn about them and am mentoring a little girl in 4H that wants a horse and needs to learn about them first.

We have 2 cats, a rescued Rottweiler, a great dane and a Yorkie.

That's it for me!

Latest posts

Back