I'd love to meet you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovinarabs

Reaction score
Being new to this forum, I am starting to get to know a few of you and would love to hear more about you. I have only been on one other forum where the people truly care for each other the way you all do. And you are all such a respectful group. You have different opinions, but speak (type) respectfully. What a family and I am so glad I stumbled on here.

Anyway, introductions:

My family (hubby and girls Liberty and Sophia, 6 and 2 respectively) and I have a small farm of 15 acres nestled in a beautiful valley in MN. When we moved here we had two aging (19 and 21)shetland ponies and an aging (27) Arab gelding. Since we moved here we have added many members and lost our beloved Little Star. Our family now includes:

Sahr Taron Naborr (Taron): now 28 yr old Arab gelding

Rescue Me Romeo (Romeo): 8 year old green broke Arab gelding (the light of my life - my soul mate)

My Honey's Easy Money (Chic): 2 year old breeding stock paint (hubby's trail horse and hopefully my future show horse)

Easy Dreamin' Shadow (Shadow): my 6 year old's welsh type show pony

Goldie: 22 year old shetland gelding

Buddy: 6 year old mini spotted donkey

Trooper: 6 year old small standard donkey

and Thunder: ? year old miniature sized grade pony

soon to include MaryAnn and Half Pint - registered miniatures.

We also have several chickens (another obsession of mine) our old faithful dog, Grizzley and a few barn cats.

The herd just keeps growing! We call our farm "Easy Money Ranch" because around here it is easy come, easy go!
default_wacko.png
:

What about you?

Farm name: Lucky C Acres Miniatures

Family: Me, my mother, father, brother, sister

Horses:

Stallions:

On The Rise Farm Sky Eyes Eagle (AMHR) blue roan overoloosa

Bustin' A Move (WCMHR pending) solid buckskin

Mares:

Iles Little Lacey grulla snowcap

Pegasus Valley Star bay tobiano

Luck's Little Black Daisy black/bay solid

Luck's Little Miss Sweet Tart bay tobiano

LBFS Dancing Legs black tobiano

Junior Mares:

Fantom's Mystic Star Catcher buckskin pinto

Trixie silver buckskin solid

Babies (FOR SALE):

Tucker (WCMHR pending) Buckskin pinto colt

Axel (AMHR) Bay appy snow cap colt

Lilly (WCMHR pending) Bay solid filly

Trail Horses:

Sugar Blaze (aged roan pintaloosa)

Paco (aged grade Quarter horse)

Zippo's Rowdy Rodder AQHA sorrel QH gelding

other critters:

Dogs:

Roxie, Colby, Jinx, Lucky, Sheba, Shadow, Blaze. Fury, Stormy

Chickens

Turkeys

Welcome from sunny Arizona!!

I work full time away from the home in Fraud Investigations, so my horses are my 'therapy' when I come home! I can't stand the city but I have to afford my 'habit' somehow, LOL

I run the place myself (small place, no pastures) and have:

Renegade - chestnut leopard son of Carousel Designer Legacy

Melody- roan Appy mare

Nutmeg - chestnut Appy with 'frosting'

Solitaire - black near leopard

Dream - registered as black, but is showing some dun characteristics, so ??? daughter of black leopard

A registered Border Collie named Angus

A half Border Collie/ half Golden Retriever rescue dog named MacDuff (Mac)

A lot of Manx cats and a tropical fish tank

In my younger days was married to an Arizona cowboy for 13 fun filled years, but finally just couldnt stand the fun any more. (a real one, not the drug store or rodeo variety) We have one daughter. She is now married and has 3 lovely children. She and her daughter (now 12!) are also horse nuts and still have a couple of big horses and she just got her first two Minis.

We all love riding and driving together and any kind of horse activity we can fit in! We live north of the Phoenix valley on the edge of a HUGE National forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from another ohio farm!! My name is Kay and I have 4 beautiful kids, 15 horses, 3 border collies. Im also president of CMHR. Feel free to look around my site when you have time and the rescue site. Both are in my signature. So glad you came to LB!!

I'm also from Ohio so hi!
default_smile.png

I'm 18 yrs old and a senior in high school. I show miniatures and classic shetlands here in area two, next im were going to congress and amhr nationals. You can see some about what we do at my website in my signature. Im going to ohio state university to major in Equine science, production and management next year and thats about it.

Nice to meet you and so glad you joined the family
default_wink.png
:

Hi - my name is Sonya (I'm sure I didn't need to tell you that :bgrin )...member formerly known as "Fordney Farms". My husband and I are both Air Traffic Controllers in mid-Michigan, married 11 years, no kids and we are originally from Pittsburgh, PA.

Animals - the two in my avatar - Brutus the lab, 11 years old: Radar the mix, 6 years old.

I had 4 minis up until about a month ago - all geldings. I have sold all of them, but still have 2 here left that I'll be delivering around the end of the month. I will miss them dearly, but it's what needed to be done.

I also had 2 mini goats up until about 6 weeks ago. I have sold them as well.

On the bright side...I still have my chickens (10), my cat - Gabbie, and the dogs.

I have decided to simplify my life, working full time, and being gone in the summer 3 days a week, I wasn't spending any quality time with the animals and the pet sitter was costing me an arm and a leg. I was starting to resent the animals so it was time for them to go. I do miss everyone, but am liking my free time already. I will keep the chickens, cat, and dogs.

My hobbies & interests include: collecting breyer horses, tying flies, boating, fishing, camping, bow hunting, snow skiing, bowling, beekeeping.

I will always have a softspot for minis and someday I may get back into them when I have more time to devote. I still post on this forum & will continue when the minis are gone, but not much, I am mostly on the back porch and the people here are wonderful. I have met some wonderful people and made some great friends.

Welcome!

Hi, I'm Bonnie from West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River (across from Wabasha, Mn.). My husband of 45 years and I are both retired. We live with our youngest son, Rodney and our 2 granddaughters, Nikia 13 and Amanda 9. ( Every other week the girls are with their Dad.) I have 2 geldings-7 & 9 months old and 2 fillies, 7 & 8 months old. (All miniatures), 2 house dogs, 22 siberian and alaskan husky dogs, ( for dog sledding, My sons dogs.) 3 cats, 5 goldfish. I love to sew and make many doll clothes for Mandy's twin dolls. I also have a Dolly :lol:
default_wub.png
: (Made over 150 outfits in the last year.) I hate housework.

Other than that:

Welcome to the forum. You will love it here. There are Soooo many wonderful people on it and a ton of great advice...

Bonnie Bassett

Hello and welcome from Orange, TX

Farm Name: Cajun Creole Miniature Horse Farm

1 stallion - Bantams Hot Shot 32" Silver Sorrel

3 mares - NXS Ameigos Moon King Tess 34.5" Silver Dapple

Sonoita Spellcasters Bey Charm 32.5" Bay

Lou's Pride Starbrite 35" Black & White pinto

2 Fillies Cajun Creole Hot Silver Belle Moon 5 months old silver dapple

Cajun Creole Hot Morning Star 4 months old silver pinto

Farm consist of Me Carlene, Husband (non horsey) Wayne and son Alex.

Alex and I show in the local horse shows around are area and we have such fun.

Carlene

Hey there :saludando:

Glad to see another newbie! :~) isn't this a great place! I am happy to have found it, and I can't get over how popular it is!

I am Karen, from NE Arkansas. I own a Christian Preschool, and have 2 wonderful children still at home, Shawntay is 6 1/2 and Logun is 2 1/2. My husband, Paul and I also have 2 grown children, Misty and Michele who has blessed us with a total of 4 grandchildren.

We currently live on the edge of town which really limits us on what we want to do for the time being, but we plan on moving within a couple years into the hills and country where we can fulfill our dreams. We use to raise and sell call ducks, turkeys, rabbits, chickens and are looking forward to doing it again. Nothing like gathering eggs, placing them in an incubator ad seeing such cute and vulnerable birds hatch out! We also look forward to owning horses once again, but for now, my husband and I have purchased a little mini that the city has granted us a permit to keep on our 1 acre of yard!!! YAY!! She will be our childrens christmas present this year, and it is all I can do to keep quiet about it! We also own a Blue Heeler/Beagle ~Spot, and a calico cat ~Princess. I look forward to raising and selling and hopefully showing Bull Mastiffs once again as well, and can't wait until I can purchase a good trail horse again as well!

As far as the mini goes, we are looking at getting 1-2 more. I'd LOVE to breed a mare from time to time and cuddeling a newborn foal... the are totally adorable!

~Karen

Hello :saludando: and welcome from the beautiful pine barrens of the Wharton State Forest in southern New Jersey!

Take a look in my avatar. LH Hershee's Comet is my show driving gelding (pinto) and Manny is my creampuff (sorrell)...both are geldings and spoiled rotten!

Glad you stumbled in! I too love chickens, and ducks! What breeds do you have?

Hi :saludando: :saludando: I am Mary from Montana. My hubby and I are retired and are owned by 6 Miniature horses which we absolutely love and enjoy. We belong to a harness club which is very enjoyable and hubby and son spend their spare time making carts and buggies. We have just one or two foals a year which we plan for and spend a great deal of time with. This is a nice place to learn and enjoy other mini horse lovers. You are welcome to visit our website and see our pretty minis. :bgrin Welcome and enjoy! Mary

Susan Morgan here from sunny AZ, so glad you thought to do this, I am also new to the forum and this is great reading for me as well! I work full time as a legal assistant and my husband is in sales for a plumbing supply company. We also do mini rescue on a private basis, and take our minis to visits at local retirement homes, as well as doing pony rides for birthday parties, a special needs preschool, and sidewalk sunday school. We are just beginning to breed miniature donkeys and miniature mules on a limited basis.

We have a BUNCH of animals so here goes (in no particular order, just how they pop into my head):

Oh but i guess I should start with the people LOL - my husband is Randy (who after this weekend I can proudly say is the BEST husband in the world - check the forum later for a post I will call "Wiley's trip home" to understand this statement LOL), I have 3 daughters Andria 24 who is married and living is SLC Utah, she is the one who got us all started with horses... and Lindsey 17 and Hilary 15 at home still, these two girls are my "barn crew", they are such a huge help to me and i don't know what i am going to do when they both grow and go... My husband also has 2 boys TJ 17 and Alex 14 who lived with us the first 5 years we were married, however they did not like the country life so are now living in town with mom/uncle/grandparents...

My Avitar is Marshall Dillon, my brown "senior herdsire" miniature donkey jack, 4 years old and my special 4-legged man.

Betty Jean (10), Betty Lou (3), Susie Q (2) and Mary Ellen (1) are my grey miniature donkey jennets, Betty Jean is mom to the other three.

Taffy Jo (10) and Becky Lynn (2) are my spotted miniature donkey jennets, and Peggy Sue (2) is my chocolate (some say black) miniature jennet. Mary Ellen above and these 2 2-year-olds have the same sire... so if you go up and down the bloodlines, all my donkey girls are related LOL. Betty Jean and Taffy Jo are both due in the spring of 2007 with foals from the same papa as the youngest three... if they are jennets, they are staying!!

Trooper is our small standard spotted jack, our mule-maker. He is 8 if i figured it right...

Our mini mares are Jasmine (11) sorrel pinto, her sister Foxy (12) a bay pinto (she came through our rescue and i was shocked to find out she was full sister to my own horse! of course she had to stay... and she is a great visit horse, going in elevators and visiting folks who can't get out of bed...) - Lily (5) Jasmine's sorrel pinto daughter and Impatiens (4) Jasmine's bay pinto daughter. Holly (2) is a tiny solid sorrel filly and Bella Noche (6) is a permanent sanctuary, black mare.

We also have a miniature appaloosa mule, Little Miss Maggie (6), our first rescue.

My riding mare is a sorrel paint (20) - Merit's Top Hand, aka "Paint Mare" (NOT my idea!!), and we also have her BS Paint (solid) bay filly Luna (1). Randy's riding horse is Katie (7) a bay pinto Spotted Saddlebred (gaited), and we have a sorrel mule Annabelle (12). Then there is Skeye (4), a solid black pony mare with 2 blue eyes, she is out of a Bar N (Navajo brand) mare but born after mama was sold off the reservation. Lindsey's riding horse is Thorn (16) a bay Arab gelding, and she also owns Sagebrush Tamale's Austin Tatious (2) a grulla pinto miniature stallion bought from Shawna of Sagebrush Miniatures from this forum. Hilary's riding horse is a 2-year-old PMU filly, a palomino appaloosa, and for anyone considering rescuing or adopting a PMU foal, she is an awesome horse, and we have not yet spoken with anyone who got a PMU foal that has not been happy...

We have 8 dogs, Ahgee is a 13-year-old Beagle/Queensland mix, Samson and Delilah are brother and sister, little fuzzy mutts (5), Grace is a black Great Dane (3), Tank is a Lab/Aussie mix (3), Zaccheus is a Jack Russell/Chi/Pom (1), Shasta is Tank's niece and also has Border Collie mixed in (will be 1 in January), and Hannah is a 4-month old rat terrier.

We have two barn cats, O'Mally and Twister... and 9 fish in the fishpond LOL.

And last but certainly not least, as of yesterday Wiley is home!!! he is a 2-year-old spotted miniature donkey jack and my new junior herdsire!

People have a tendency to get a funny look on their faces when they get me talking about my horses and donkeys and mules... and I am often asked how do I remember all their names... well, it's not that hard when you live with them. I can also remember what they all eat without writing it down LOL... but I do sometimes call my kids by the wrong name...

Well, welcome to the forum from another newbie and again thanks for this topic, it's a good one!

Hi I am Frannie from Yale which in in the thumb area of Michigan. My husband Walt and I live on a 35 acre farm which has a 5 acre pond and lots of wildlife. We have 19 mini horses and 2 mini donkeys. A variety of cats the number depends on how many strays stay around. We have 5 dogs 4 labs and our new miniature schnauzer.We breed and have shown some of our horses and now have a trainer who does the showing for us.We enjoy all of our animals and enjoy many other things. My husband enjoys fishing, taking pictures,I enjoy gardening and sewing and reading mystery books. Please take a look at out farm. Our web site is filipowiczfarm.homestaed.com. You can also click onto the site by clicking on to Filipowicz Farm at the bottom of this page. Welcome to the forum :saludando: :bgrin

[SIZE=12pt]Hello[/SIZE]
KittensayingHi.gif
[SIZE=12pt]From Ontario[/SIZE]

I have been married just about 30years.

All my children have grown. 3 Girls and 1 Son, 2 Grandgirls and 1 Grandson.

As of right now in my barn
default_whistling.gif
: 1 Stallion, 1 Gelding, 1 Colt for future breeding, & 3 Mares.

We Breed AMHA / AMHR Pinto Miniatures horses and my home raised Dogs... 1 barn Cat spayed.

My husband loves to show in driving & jumping & I love the obstacles.

It has been two years now, because of a fall that has prevented me from working outside my home.

Life is what you make it, and I love my life
default_wub.png
: and have been blessed......

Hey welcome from California! I have been around horses for a few years and i own about 7 horses. First horse ill mention is my silver dapple pintoloosa colt who is a weanling. He is a great grandson to Orion Light Vant Huttenest his name is Orions Silver Lining. He will be shown for a few years before having babies of his own. I have a grandaughter to orion as well and she is the mother to the little colt. Her name is Brewers Dynamo Passion. she is a black and white mare. I also have a cremello mare named Ramblin Toddy Creme soda. her daughter is a buckskin named Shadows Mystic Topaz she is a very pretty filly. she will be shown in 2007 as well. last but not leased is a sorrel and white gelding named Tawny Ridge Untimely Starstruck. he is new to our ffarm and will be shown in 2007 as well. We also have a QH and a welsh pony.

we are Diamond W ranch

:saludando: Hi and welcome to the forum! I live in Western New York near Lake Erie on 10 Acres of land and currently have 6 Miniature Horses, one dog (German Shorthair Pointer) and two female spayed house cats, a calico and a black and white. I'm married (for 22 yrs), have two sons ages 20 and 18 yrs old. I also work during the day as a Teacher Aide in Special Education.
default_smile.png

hi, we are from Ohio also. we are in North East part. i am some what new, i dont reply much since i dont know much. i am learning more & more from this site. My hubby & i have 2 boys 15 & 3. Kody shows in 4-h. we started out with 1 mini & now up to 16. we also have 3 big mares. we have 20 acres & we cut are own hay. we also have a few beef cows.

Hi, My name is Jody and I am on the AMHA board of directors representing region 2. I live in Centerburg, Ohio which is the geographic center of the state. I co-own a 70 acre farm with my two friends, Pete and Judy Stadtlander, and yes, we all live in the same house with 5 Pembroke welsh corgis (and sometimes a foster rescue), and two mixed breed dogs. We have had minis since the very early 80's.

I hate to say I can't tell you how many horses we have, I do know we have 5 full sized horses and then a bunch of AMHA/AMHR minis. Sadly, most are for sale as I am cutting back and planning to sell my interest in the farm and move back to the city and just board a few minis to enjoy.

We show both AMHA and AMHR at the local and national level and also trail drive on some awsome rail/trails here in Ohio for fun.

I work for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services on the Medicaid Information System as an Information Technology Consultant. I have been there 21 years, only 9 to go until I can retire (graduate) and really enjoy those horses!

Speaking of the AMHA board, I am up for re-election for my second term so please, region 2 people, vote!!

Oh, happily, a lifetime single person, no spouses, current or ex, no children either!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am Emily and this is my first post.

I am younger and don't have a place of my own yet, I am lucky enough to get to have a few animals.

"HORSES"

Thunder-Qh-gelding-7 year old Thunder is the love of my life, he has the best personality. I ride western mostly on the trail but want to get into team penning.

Risky-Reg paint(QH build)-Gelding-5 years old Risky is a great horse and I would really like to keep him and Thunder for the rest of their lifes.

Don King-unreg mini-gelding-4 year old Don King (is hair used to stand straight up) is a great little guy. I trained him myself to drive and am very proud of him and myself for doing that. I can now drive down the road or any where I please its a lot of fun.

Weldon-mini donkey-gelding-4 years old I am going to try to find the time to get him driving. Right now thats on hold. He is a great boy and I love him dearly.

HI!! :saludando: I am Linda (could ya tell from my forum name?? lol :lol: ) and I live in Portland, OR. Right now I am a "city girl" ,having had to sell off my farm/herd over the last few years and am currently "horse-less".
default_sad.png
I did own Minis for 10 years before I sold them, tho (and owned big horses for 30 years before that).

I live with my partner and 2 dogs and a cat and hope to one day own at least one Mini again!
default_wub.png
:

Welcome to the forum!! :saludando:

Latest posts

Back