I'd love to meet you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well our farm is SPH Arabians And Miniatures in , Mansonville, Quebec, Canada.

Arabians We Own:

SPH Phancyphire, 1998 bay mare(my baby, had her since she was born)

Kharouf, 2003 grey filly(co-owned with my husband-My husbands' baby, was my wedding gift to him)

SPH Contessa Massalina, 2006 bay filly(SALE PENDING)

Miniatures We Own:

Coyote Winds Knockout, 2003 bay roan pinto stallion, AMHA/AMHR

E & J's Precious By Design, 1992 grey pinto mare, AMHR

Sharptails Peanut Butter, 1995 chestnut snowflake appaloosa mare, AMHA/AMHR

Lanesfield Karli, 2001 silver dapple mare, AMHR

Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy, 2003 black bay mare, AMHR(Mine in name, but my husbands favourite and he spoils her. He cried when she aborted her foal
default_crybaby.gif
: )

Town And Country Candy, 2003 buckskin pinto mare, AMHR

Risquefishers Winter Sky, 2005 bay roan appaloosa filly, AMHR

Shauneys Halluva Lucky Gal, 2005 bay roan filly, AMHA/AMHR

Unquestionably Cute Jypsy Rose SPH, 2006 chestnut pinto filly, AMHA/AMHR

Timberyork's Inquisitive Embrace, 2006 chestnut filly, AMHR

Cool Running Sanka SPH, 1998 chocolate Silver Dapple gelding, WCMHR

Hi-Lands Lil Harvey Mac, 2005 black bay stallion, AMHR(PURCHASE PENDING)

We also own 2 dogs, a registered border collie named Shefdale Rusty and a yorkiepoo named Teddy. Then we have a house cat named Minou. We also have about 50 head of Jersey cows, and a number of barn cats.

I am 28 years old, got married in August 2006, no kids yet. Well unless you count the 4 legged kind. :bgrin I show at open and arabian breed shows but in 2007 am planning to show at AMHR shows in Ontario, and maybe some in the states. Would love to go to AMHR Nationals just to meet Tim and Connie Ballard in person. I own 2 of their homebreds and love them a lot. My stallion, Coyote Winds Knockout and the mare, Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm Lucy!

I live in Springtown, TX on my friend's farm, but in my own place. She and her hubby own the land.

Together we have 25 Miniature horses. She also has a retired QH gelding who is living the rest of his days here.

We have: four stallions, 13 mares/yearling/weanling mares, two weanling/yearling colts, and five geldings. One leased out soon-to-be-gelding. Plus we have to pick up two new mares and two new Arenosa AMHR/ASPC colts, hopefully soon, as they are in PA.

I have a chocolate Lab who is the light of my life! Single, no kids, so I have to baby SOMETHING!

One house kitty, two barn kitties, one who wandered in a few months ago, starving. We fed her and she is the SWEETEST thing! She just needs "tutored", as the world does not need more kitties right now.

And two guinea pigs.

Hello! WELCOME!!! :aktion033: :bgrin My name is Anna and I am from Northern Idaho! Its great to have you here!!! :aktion033:

I am 15 (almost 16!) and I live with my parents and my 6 brothers (6, 9, 11, 13, 17, and 18 years) and two sisters (7 and 9 years), ya big family I know, funny thing is is that we only have a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, the only way I survive is being able to go out in my barn or go for a trail ride! LOL! Well I will now introduce you to my "kids" :bgrin I consider them all mine because I take care of EVERY single on of them, all by myself, the animals are my responsibility so I consider them mine more then anyone elses.
default_wink.png
:

I train/show/trim/work for local mini breeders and also do childcare for my church. I also show my full sized horses at local shows and do Endurance Riding.

Horses:

Lucky~ 6 year old quarter horse mare~my dad's trail horse

Rowdy~6 year old paint gelding~my endurance/show horse

GHA Stormys Moniet (Stormy)~6 year old straight egyptian, blue list, arabian mare~my other endurance/show horse

Ginger Snap (Ginger)~9 year old quarter pony mare~OUR trail/show horse

Prince~6 year old grade pony~little kid's/beginners riding/show pony/cart pony

Sonny~ 3 year old half mini gelding~little kid's riding/cart pony

Little Branch Cherry Twist (Cherry)~16 year old miniature horse mare~ my mare that I show/take to nursing homes, schools, b-day parties, etc.

Knight Stars Kool Kowboy~yearling miniature horse stud colt~my future herd sire and cart/show horse

Spirit Thunders Portentos Smoke (Smokie)~(in loving memory
default_sad.png
)~(would now be
default_wub.png
: ) a yearling, he was my very first miniature horse, he visited nursing homes, schools, b-day parties, and church activities, he was the love of my life
default_wub.png
: ! He was 2 weeks old when I got him and died last Christmas (12/23/05) at 10 months old, he is greatly missed!

Dogs:

Cuddles~8 year old Terrier mix female

Rosie~6 year old Jack Russel mix female

Buddy~4 year old pure bred Jack Russel male

Abby~2 year old pure bred Jack Russel female

Gypsy~6 year old pure bred Yorkshire terrier female

Bonnie~3 year old half Yorkshire terrier/half pug female

Tucker~9 month old 3/4 Jack Russel male

Jackie~5 year old Yellow Lab/Germen Shepard/Golden Retriever mix female

Tippy~pure bred Pomeranian male

Casey~6 week old 3/4 Jack Russel male

Murphey~6 week old 3/4 Jack Russel male

Lilly~5 week old half Pomeranian/half Yorkshire terrier female

Cody~5 week old half Pomeranian/half Yorkshire terrier male

Harley~5 week old half Pomeranian/half Yorkshire terrier male

Cats:

Fluffy~3 year old Tabby female

Silver~3 year old Tabby male

Well now ya know my family! You can get pictures and more from my website~ www.thebradleyranch.com !

Hope you have a GREAT time here on the forum!

My name is Cassie and I'm from Iowa. I live in town in an apartment with my mom and boyfriend. My Grandma, Aunt, and I are all owners of R-Dream Ranch. We rent a barn for our 12 miniature horses. We have 4 Stallions plus 1 we board, and then 7 mares. Oh and I can't forget the love of my life, my gelding Midas that I've had since he was a weanling and is now 12. We used to show quite a bit back in the day but had to stop due to family illness. I would LOVE to get back into the swing of things some day. I'm in college studying elementary education. For now I work as a cashier/customer service clerk at the local grocery store. Oh and I have 5 cats (4 are mine and 1 is my mom). 3 of them are polydactyls which means extra toed. If you want to know more about me please visit the R-Dream Ranch website or my profile. Cassie

:saludando: howdy from calfiornia!

i don't really have a farm, just a small barn in my back yard. yup, we're smack dab in the middle of LA, and there's little horseys in my back yard :lol: so we don't really have a name, but we call it "munchkin land" LOL. don't know if that's a registered farm name, but that's just what we call it! so i have 4 minis right now, and i am suspecting one is prego (god i hope so. we lost our foal this year and are trying again). so i have three minis mares, a 6 month old mini colt, and a (big horse) quarab mare. i do everything with my mini mare Ghost (just started her to harness), and plan to do the same with the colt once he grows up. the older mini mare is pretty much on retirement plan here! :bgrin
default_wub.png
: she has won more than her fare share of ribbons, and had plenty of babies, and she's only 12! so we are giving her some time off, and maybe i'll do 1 or 2 halter shows with her probably in '08. no rush with this girl. with the mommy/pregnant one, i'm not sure where life will take me with her. she has only 1 eye, so i'm kind of limited on her abilities. plus she'll have had 4 babies by age 7, so we are going to give her a few years off, then maybe breed her again when she's ten or eleven. she's going to just get to laze around and be SPOILED, what i do best!

so, what do city minis do for fun? ckeck it out!

Starbucks001.jpg

a great big welcome to the forum!

Hello from Northern Ontario Canada !!!

My farm name is Moon Shadow Miniatures

Our web site is www.moonshadowminis.com

We have ...

Shadow ~ stallion

Ty ~ stallion

Storm ~ junior stallion

Earl ~ gelding

Jack ~ gelding

Bella, Damingo, Sassy, Queen ~ Mares

Willow, Lacie, Ellie ~ junior mares

3 llamas, Sami, Dolly & Billi

2 dogs, Ben & Oscar

5 Cats, Max, Jake, Barnie, Black, Lilly

3 dwarf rex rabbits

2 dwarf netherland rabbits

4 Ring neck Phesants

I am in the process of trying to purchase some fainting goats to arrive in the spring !!

I work full time in a local hospital as a nurse, my son has just signed up in the military.

I live on the family farm with my parents Heather & Ron.

If your ever up this way do not hessitate to stop in for a tea !!! we so love the company !

Debbie

I'm Nancy and live in Kingston, Washington. :saludando:

I have one retired mini mare, who I am spoiling (I think she is actually spoiling me)! She is strictly a pet now and is teaching the grandkids about chores.
default_wink.png
: I have fallen head over heels in love with her. She now has figured out that she can stand in a spot in the field that allows her to see into my bedroom, thru TWO sliding glass doors, where she "calls" to me to come take her for a walk.
default_wub.png
:

I have two dogs, a Scottie and a Swissie mix.

I also have three kids and three grandkids.

Life is great... :aktion033:

I'm Robin (could you guess) and welcome from Sunny Arizona. My mother and I own the horses together but I care, train, breed, foal out, show my self. My mother is up in her years and doesn't have the strength to handle even the minis but loves them none the less.

I/we have

3 Senior Stallions

Brewers Dynamo Secret 32.5" blk/wht minimal tovero

Roys Toy Snippets Feature 29.75" sorrel/white pinto Bond Snippet son (for sale)

Desert Golds Dust Devil 27.25" blue roan (for sale)

1 Junior Stallion

Triple K's Boogie's Touch of Royality buckskin weanling should mature under 28"

1 yearling colt

Rockin Robins Secret Splash of Brandy silver dapple/white (for sale)

1 weanling colt

Rockin Robins SF Redi Or Not sorrel grandson of Bond Snippet (for sale)

6 Senior Mares

Small World Brandy 32" 22 yr old silver bay

Rockin Robins Misty Moonlight 33.5" silver bay

Lottaluv's Gold Dust 32" palomino

Desert Shadows Moon Angel 31" bay/white

NFC Boy Blues Crystal 30" grey (for sale)

Rockin Robins A Star Is Born 30" blue roan/white (for sale)

2 Junior Mares

Rockin Robins DS Showgirl bay/white

Rockin Robins SF Gingersnap Sorrel

2 pygmy goats

Krew black

Max caramel

Dogs

Anatolian Shepherds

1 male: Yoldas 11 yrs

2 female: Melek almost 12 yrs went to the rainbow bridge tonight

Hayli 8 yrs (the daughter of the two above)

Cattle Dog: Maggie approx. 9 yrs

Tibetan Spaniel: Falkor (male) 5 yrs

Cats:

Belle Belle 21 yrs

Caramel ? yrs

Velcro 8 yrs

Baby Kitty 8 yrs

Precious ? yrs

Sun Conure: Screech 6 yrs

I think/hope thats it, unless something wonders in looking hungry.
default_wacko.png
:

Robin

Welcome from the state of Maine

Our farm name is Mainepride Miniatures

We are a multi generational group. When we rescued our first minis 5 years ago we made the decision based on the fact that my daughter would become involved because it was possible that the minis could outlive us. Now it it is my husband and I my daughter and two of her children who are involved with the minis. We have 14. Welcome again you have come to the right place there is so much information here and its a great place to learn.

hi

my name is steph, and i live in ireland.....where its very very cold and wet......

i am 35

3 kids

3 miniatures

1 10hh shetland

1 14.2hh piebald cob

and last but not least..........

1 long suffering husband.....

i really enjoy this forum.....unfortunatly there are not so many on here from ireland as america..

but i have met a few people through the forum..including some email buddies in australia and america.....

and i feel like i know everyone who posts on here......

welcome

How fun to find so many other chicken lovers out there! I really think a horse person shouldn't be without a few chickens. They are so handy to have around. They eat tons of bugs (we had bad ticks here before I got my feathered friends) and break apart the manure piles so they disintegrate faster. LOVE them. Someone asked what kinds we have. We really have a mixed bag. I have gotten chickens from several different people and then we actually raised up our own chicks this fall. That was really fun. Let's see, our chicks are New Hampshire Reds, Buff Orpingtons and Ameraucanas. Adult chickens are black langshans, silky crosses, buff brahma bantams, feather footed cochin, silver leghorn, sumatra (is that the black long tailed kind?), and a couple silver and black big guys that I am not sure the breed, a white hen with tan flecks that we call Marshmallow - not sure what breed she is either, and one free rare breed chick that I haven't figured out yet either. Quite the hodgepodge I know!

:aktion033: I am really glad you started this topic, I haven't been here long a love meeting everyone and getting details
default_smile.png
I am Renee Hart, I am in Ca we live on 30 acers of walnut trees and I have had large horses, over 27 , all my life from age 11 to 40, I trained and showed western, english and dressage and just loved them all, I then sold my last three when I was 40, I thought I was through with horses, but a friend drives her mini so it got me into them also, I have just recently bought a mare then she needed a friend and husband so we bought a nice boy, I am now looking for another nice mare, then that will do it for me...maybe
default_rolleyes.gif
: , I also breed dogs...here is an intro to my brood...

Greg..my husband of 26 years ( 27 in Jan...WOW) Greggory our son, 25, Sarah our girl, 24

mini mare Little Foots Holly Starfire AMHR 35 inches black and white tobiano, we call her Holly

mini stallion LC Dakota OSO AMHR 38 inches red bay and white with partial blue eye pinto, we call him Tonto

Italian Greyhounds, Bogie, Zip, Squirt, Delyla and Sily

Chihuahuas smooth coat Snickers, Stuart, Hooti, Wivy, Isi, and Freckles

Chihuahuas long coat Pip, Peny. Bailey,Char Char Binx,Dude and Huny

Electra our African Grey Timneh Parrot

You can see most of us on my website

www.hartsofjoy.com

thanks talk to you all soon, I hope
default_yes.gif
:

hi

welcome, you'll learn lots here.

Its Joanne, from Ireland here.

We have 1 4yr old stallion, 1 yearling colt, 3 yearling fillies, 1 6yr broodmare, all minis and 1 6yr old black Irish cob 15h.

We own 46acres, have cattle and sheep and 3 dogs.

Am very happily divorced, now engaged to a very handsome and hunky soldier, with 3 kids.

Couldnt be happier

:saludando:

Welcome to the group and I'm pleased to meet you!

My name is Dawn Thompson and my husband Tommy and I enjoy a small 15 acre appaloosa miniature horse ranch "Lost Spoke Ranch" outside the small town of Benson in southeast Arizona. We currently have 29 miniatures and counting along with a toy poodle that keep us very busy. We lost our old Boxer the end of May to cancer, but she will never be forgotten.

We've owned miniatures since 1991 and began raising them in 1993. Before that we raised Quarter Horses showing in Palomino and Buckskin clubs and re-habilitated horses for several years while in Alamogordo, NM that were ready to head to the soapers if no one intervened. I'm pleased to say we had great success in educating the new owners and placing the horses into more understanding homes than they came from. Before Tommy and I were married I owned POAs during the 70's and early 80's. That's were my love for "the spots" comes from.
default_wub.png
:

Anyways, we are owned by five lovely colorful stallions, CCMF Legacy's Color Maker, a few spot leopard, CCMF Legacy's Legend, a bay leopard, Lost Spoke's Broken Arrow, a black near leopard, Lost Spoke's Winter Dream Catcher aka Catch that have all done very well this year and last at regional, national, and world show levels. We couldn't be more proud of them and how their show careers are going and our breeding accomplishments so far. We look forward in the near future to producing some incredible individuals with spots! We also recently became the lucky co-owners of the living legend Celebration's Tennessee Tyme sired by Prince Tennessee Monashee. We are looking forward to his future additions that will add more refinement with remarkable movement! :new_shocked:

This has been a fun thread and I enjoyed reading about you and your animals.
default_yes.gif
: Thanks for the intro!

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a good thread! :aktion033: Nice to meet everyone!

I've had many different horses thoughout my life. I have just recently gained interest in driving and Mini's. Dirving is a new and interesting challange for me!

I have a hubby(non-horsey :no: , for now
default_wink.png
: ), 2 sons ages 10yrs & 21 months.

My mother, my sons and I have the most interest in our ponies.

Justin, my oldest, hopes to do alittle showing this year. I've agreed to become a 4-H advisor to expand a current club, so they can add ponies to the club. We have a couple other people in the area who have mini's, so we figured, although it would be good experience to join a all horse 4-H club, the kids that don't ride would be left out at times. This way we can focus on the things they can do with the mini's.

We have a very small place,, but hoping to find something bigger soon.

Here I have my good faithful QH gelding(25) he's been my best buddy for (24yrs). I can't brag enough on him!! We use to show but we're both retired from the show ring now.

My sons modern Shetland Grassmere's Red Fox a.k.a Hooper

3 fixed house cats

1 chocolate lab, Jessy which Justin shows in 4-H.

1 Mini Schnauzer pup Jody- we saved her from a puppy mill life

4 big freshwater fish tanks

1 saltwater tank

2 pygmy goats wether and a doe

8 dutch rabbits

1 mini lop

And at mom's farm we have

our newest 6 yr old 34" inch grade amish pony - he's my driving trainer :aktion033: He's a black beauty story!

Mom's black and white pinto 38-39" pony- who we hope to be driving next spring.

Mom has several more pets and horses too, but I'll let her chime in and tell about them.

I spent so much time in here reading I figured I should also introduce myself. This is a very nice group, I'm glad to have found it!

Best wishes to you all and your families,

Jayme

Welcome to the forum!! :saludando: :saludando:

My husband Doug and I own 5 acres in Southern Oregon. We have no children but tell everyone all our kids have 4 legs and tails! I'm an RN and work in the ER, my husband is in the RN program and will probably join me in the ER as he already works there as a tech. I show on the Pinto circuit....so all my mini's are pintos. Here's the critters!:

12 mini's(Heir, Dream, Lily, Lacey, Bubba, Buddy, Desi, Dancer, Sassy, Sweetie, Izzy, and Zak!)

1 old big horse(Joe)

2 dogs(Duke and Cami)

umpteen cats.....I think 8 but I just saw a new kitten on the back porch......(Ali, Lucy, Ricky and Sammy come inside).

2 goats(Tom and Jerry)

You can see our place if you visit my website.

Hello everyone.........

I'm Joyce L from Little Folks Farm in CT and have been in miniatures since 1986, having a barn of 13 minis presently, down from my high of 32 at one time. My husband and I have been married 46 years and have owned our own business since 1978 dealing with British sports cars, Sales, Service and Parts. We are semi-retired at the moment. We have one son and daughter-in-law and they have one adopted son from Korea who is the love of our lives.

Besides the miniatures, I have the ususal barn kitties, Phoenix chickens, Indian Runner ducks and the spoiled pet of the house is a little 8 lb. miniature dachshund named Heidi who travels with us when we can vacation in our truck camper.

The 13 miniatures consist of 3 stallions, 2 geldings and 8 mares. All are AMHA and some are double registered with AMHR as well. The majority of my herd is under 31 inches down to 27 1/4" mature. We hope to have this number down in the near future.

This is very interested and I'm glad it was started.

Joyce L

Another hello and welcome from Ontario Canada.

I am 18 years old and returning to highschool for an extra year after my graduation to pick up extra courses. I don't have any horses but owned a palomino mini gelding in the past. I am hoping to become a photographer in both animal (mostly equine) and high fashion (guiltly pleasure lol).

hope to see you around the forum

-vanessa

HI :saludando:

My name is Sheryl.

I live in Baxter, Tennessee on a 65 acre farm. My farm name is Irish Hills Farm. I purchased my first miniature in 1997.

I have 7 miniatures currently with several foals coming in 2007.

Stallions:

Little Kings Junior Jinx (avatar)

Irish Hills Toys In The Attic

Mares:

Quarter Scales Peppy's Sugar High - due Jan. '07

Cross Country Behind Blue Eyes - due April '07

Oneka's Bayberry Blossom - due Fall '07

SG Fascinating Rhythm - due April '07

Cross Country Call Me Sassy - open and may show her in 2007

I also have one Welsh Pembroke Corgi and can't wait to get another one or two.

Well a Big Welcome from Canada :aktion033:

Bob here

Stallion: Tonto

Mare : Aurora (with one in the oven)

The above 2 are way too spoiled, but I just love'm too much!

Gelding : Skippy > Arabian which I board out of town.

Latest posts

Back