Icelandic mare needs a home quickly.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shari

Reaction score
A friend sent me this letter and I hope some kind hearted mini folks can help her out. I do have a photo, please email me for it.

Hello everyone,

I am writing to you in hopes that you can help find a home for this charming, elderly, Icelandic named Unicorn.

My friend Susanna needs to find a home for Unicorn pretty quickly. Though I haven't met her, I have had a communication with her and I was struck by her thoughtfulness, sweetness and love of people. If I could have a horse, I would take her, I like her that much. I have attached the bio that Susanna wrote for her, and this photo. She is in California at the moment, but Susanna is willing to pay to have Unicorn moved to Oregon, and some of the monthly food costs.

We would be grateful if you would consider helping either by giving her a home, or by passing this information on to someone who you think might be able to help.

Susanna's email address is: [email protected]

Unicorn Bio

Unicorn is a 29 year old Icelandic that has been with my family since she was 19 years old. She originally came to us just live in my mothers pasture with a few other Icelandic horses from a breeder close by but my mother, who was originally afraid of horses, fell in love with her sweet nature and bought her as a pet for her and a companion for my horse.

She was already 19 years old then but I still rode her every now and then until a few years later she got lame due to what the vet said to be arthritis.

She stayed with my mother after I moved to Quebec last summer. But my mother passed away last January and I am looking for a home for her where she can stay for the rest of her life. I am willing to pay for the transport up to Oregon as well as for some monthly help with her food and regular animal communication to have Unicorn being a part of the decision on how long she does want to stay in her body.

Unicorn is one of the sweetest horses I meet and is extremely people oriented. She loves to be petted! She has been around very small kids and is one if not the most trustworthy horse with kids that I have ever encountered.

If I would not believe that the she could not survive the transport across the country I would love to take her up here with me. But since that is not a option I am looking for a home for her. Right now she is in a foster home in California.

Shari

What part of California is she being fostered? Can you please post a photo of her here. Does she need to go to the northwest?

Thanks

Gini

I did not ask where in CA she is being fostered at but the owner will pay for shipping to her new home as far as OR, so I am sure that will include CA too. Best thing to do is email her directly and ask.

Am working to get the photo onto photobucket.

OK here is the photo I was sent.

11Icelandicneedshome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back