I will never be able to repay this Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justaboutgeese

Reaction score
The other thread was getting long enough that I thought a new thread for the updates would be better.

As for the tree itself as it warmed up to room temperature the branches all laid out beautifully. I ended up cutting three trees. Two went to people in town who had not yet obtained theirs. These trees had been pampered , pruned carefully and fed on a regular basis to bring out the wonderful color of the Blue Spruce. They make beautiful Christmas trees.

Sunday morning I got to babysit for my granddaughter as we sat through Santa Clause and Santa Clause II with Tim Allen. The two of us made cookies on my newly purchased cookie sheet (It seems the oversize stainless Steel cookie sheet I had made at a local machine shop disappeared) . After lunch my daughter and her friend John showed up and we did the tree. More like the tree somehow got done amid the hot chocolate, cookies and the phone call from my other daughter. We put the call on the speaker phone and it lasted two hours ( on her phone bill) as we did the tree and just visited. Much time was spent talking about the Christmas Miracle that had taken place for me. Both of my daughters had tears in their eyes (yes and mine too) as they fully understood what had taken place for me on Friday. My oldest daughter read from the forum threads over the phone to her sister and were overwhelmed by my forum family of friends.

They stayed for supper which consisted of a few steaks from the freezer, a salad and good old rice-a-roni. As the day ended and the tree was up we decided it was different but we were all together and had so much to share for the coming years.

Since my original post I have had wonderful phone conversations with several forum members who further lifted my spirits for the season and the many reason I have for being thankful. Demimore of course who has been a pillar for me to lean on from the very beginning. Without her support and council who knows what shape I would be in today. A call to Marty (and I still want a bag of popcorn with that belly dance) and a call to that wonderful woman in the UK we call Rabbitfitz. I talked with her for almost an hour amid the smoke darkened sky from the fires in the fuel storage areas near her home. She is indeed a unique woman and I could have spent the entire afternoon listening to her but calls to the UK can run the phone bills up just a tad. It will not be possible to phone all of the people who took or are taking part in this "renewal of life" for me. Knowing your forum names and trying to compare them to real names is a formidable job. I will do my best to thank each individual that I can. There will be a list of the things I received and the cards that come.

Once again the caring that forum member have demonstrated to me went far beyond what people expect in todays hurried world. The posts that my daughter read to her sister had tears running from Canada to Texas. But when it was all said and done we all agreed that those tears did not hurt a bit. Just furthered our resolve to be better people for it and share those things we have with those that don`t. God Bless each and every one of you and the merriest of Christmas holidays this and every years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

wub.gif

That is wonderful!!!
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
I loved hearing that you are doing better and that both families are around for you.
wink.gif
yes.gif

Giving 2 of those "pampered" trees to people who didn't have one truely shows the "spirit" of Christmas. Good for you Vic!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful day.
yes.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Vic..... reading your post made me cry today I was so happy for you.... Wish Canada wasnt so far away from VA..... you still have stuff coming and Im frustrated with the US postal service!!!!! Keep sending us these postcards so to speak..... I could really see your house and your family and the beautiful blue spruce!!! Have a wonderful day and week![/SIZE]

Lyn

Oh Vic, I'm tearing up here again! I am so glad you have shared your forum family with your family. How nice to have this lovely warm circle of caring and hope for you at this time. I can feel you getting stronger and as for being a pillar....well..if I've helped I'm so very very glad.

Vic had gained a pound as of a few days ago and what with that nice dinner and yummy cookies and such I feel a few more will follow.

You continue being good Vic and my heart's prayers will continue for you to get stronger with each dawn and find comfort not despair in each sunset.
wub.gif

aktion033.gif
PICTURES
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
We want PICTURES
aktion033.gif

Now cut down the rest, run them through a chipper, bale them up and send them to your wife!! Oh, I can get very imaginative about revenge, when it's as harmless as this!!!
cheekkiss.gif

Pictures are harder to come by. The new digital Camera I bought in August is now in New York. I am left with the older 35 mm camera for my picture needs for the present.

Yeah Geese! You are coming around and in such a wonderful way too! I am so happy! Typing through tears here too. Please tell your daughters we all care abotu them too and the hard time they are also going through. Give them hugs from all of us when you see them again ok?

Oh by the way, I am with Rabbit, cut down the rest and put them through a chipper, bale em up and send them to her. Tell her you are having a Blue Christmas without her....Blue Spruce that is! LOL

Hugs and love your way Vic!

Merry Christmas!!!

Dear, dear Mr. Goose,

I am sooooo happy to hear a smile in your voice (fingers?) You almost sound like a new person compared to the dreary, dismal posts of even a couple weeks ago. The one really nice thing about your ex-wife taking everything is that now you can build a life for yourself which is truely of your own making. That is a very powerful thing to do and takes a lot of courage even if it wasn't what you had planned for your future.

As hard as this may be for you, you may just find in the long run that God had other plans for your future. Just be open to the possibilities as they present themselves.

Huge hugs, Kathi

I just got the gift that I wanted, hearing you sounding better! I was really getting scared and beyond worried about your well being. I just now cried reading all through your post. Tears of hope!

Please do take photos so you can share with us later.

{{{{Vic}}}}

One of the best things about Christmas is the Love, and you have that from us.

Robin

Your posts just fill my heart! I am so glad you have your family surrounding you...both real and forum! I love that you gave 2 of the trees away. If it makes you feel better wack em all down and give them away....however, they are beautiful trees and you may want to keep some of them around>
biggrin.gif
Sending you hugs!

aktion033.gif
KEEP PACKING EVEN A FEW OF THOSE POUNDS BACK ON!!!!
aktion033.gif
GLAD TO SEE BETTER SPIRITS, AT LEAST FOR A LITTLE WHILE. THEY WILL COME AND GO AND THE DOWN TIME WILL KEEP GETTING LESS AND LESS. KEEPING YOU IN MY THOUGHTS.

Vic, isn't the love here great! No way can one remain desperately sad for long with all the sweet thoughts for YOU! DONTCHA feel SO special?!
wub.gif

This gift keeps on giving. As you remember at the beginning of this post last Friday had started bad then got worse. The foot of fresh snow, call from wifes lawyer, then finally the call from her . Same voice different woman but thats not the subject. I phoned that lawyer this morning and was informed that he was no longer representing her. Seems the statements she filled out and swore to could not be proven as opposed to the long disposition and supporting documentation I provided to dispute her statements. So all the money she spent on this lawyer is down the drain and she has to pay another to take over her case.

Then the mail man showed up again with another batch of packages and some of the nicest cards. Some were right in line with my warped sense of humor (the snow man and snow woman with the jellybeans. Laughed my head off (Special thanks to Ohorsepee). I will hold off for a few days and start a list of the wonderful things I have received. The edible treats will do wonders to bring my weight closer to normal levels. (remember I said I could have stood to shed 20 lbs before but do not recommend this as an ideal weight loss program).

I wish it were possible to post some photos of the tree with the pile of gifts around it. I had just got used to having the digital camera around again then it took off

Once again to all those who took part in this the thanks come from the bottom of my heart. My daughters were so touched to think that people who were virtually strangers would be so giving and supportive. A true tribute to all forum members. God Bless each and every one of you.

What a delightful post, Vic!! I can feel your happiness from here! I have no doubt your mailman will be getting the best workout delivering to your house as there is a great number of us involved in this. I'm very keen to see photos whenever you're able to post some.

I'm so glad you are feeling better and in the Christmas spirit...I'd love to see that tree too...

Ahhh, you're really back, really and truly back!     
I can hear it in your words.

Sounds like bells ringing.

Tastes like hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream.

Feels like Christmas.
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

Robin

Vic

I got your PM and then came to the porch to read your post I have PM'd you but for the record this is wonderful. That the good of spirit can spread this much good will and Joy at this time when Joy should rule is so indicative of what Christmas is really about. Yes Vic there is a Santa Claus.

Nita

justaboutgeese said:
      My daughters were so touched to think that people who were virtually strangers would be so giving and supportive.  A true tribute to all forum members.  God Bless each and every one of you.
520061[/snapback]

I just gotta add something here.

Yes Vic, the forum members have definitely demonstrated remarkable compassion for a fellow member. BUT, did ya ever stop to think that there has to be something special about YOU that makes so many strangers care so much!!!

I have an idea that this out-pouring of affection would not have happened for just anyone. You are obviously pretty darned special yourself.!!
yes.gif

Back