I want to share with you, our Christmas pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Karen~

Reaction score
Okay, lets try this again. The cyber monster ate my post!
default_yes.gif
:

We had a great Christmas, and our gift to our children was all a girl could ever ask for, it was our daughters dream come true, and our sons too!

Our daughter, Shawntay, 6 1/2 (gotta put that 1/2 in there or she would skin me alive :lol: ) and our son, Logun, 2 1/2 (his 1/2 is because he has to be just like his sissy!
default_wub.png
: ) Had the Christmas of their life, as you will see from an ear to ear smile that our daughter put on and slept with all night as well!

We had Christmas a day early since all the gifts pretty much evolved around the mini and she was certainly a new addition to our back yard for the holidays before going back to the pasture she came from to wait out the winter weather with a nice cozy barn and her buddy, Toby. We managed to get the kids out of the house while I spiffed her up for the big debute! I must say, she is such a tolerating, patient sweet heart, I was simply amazed. She loved the bells on her feet, but didn't want the bows... go figure :lol: She did allow me to quickly put a large bow in her tail, but I had to attach only 2 small bows on her halter since she said "no way" :no: to lining her mane with them, and I didn't have time to convince her otherwise.

When our children discovered there was something in the back yard, it was 1st thought to be a large dog, but quickly corrected themselves to "A HORSE! IT"S A HORSE!.... whyyyy is there a HORSE. in the back yaaard?" It only took 2 words "It's yours..." and they both flew out the back door(as you will see, no coat picture for a moment, lol), leaving behind their half opened presents lieing on the floor where they had been sitting. She quickly aquired the name "Princess Charlotte" Which, from here on out, she will be known as Charlotte. It is so fitting. My daughter pulled through with a very proper name for her!

That very night, we were woke up by a very cold rain, and feeling sad for Charlotte, we got up at 2 a.m. and created a make shift shelter for her. We weren't aware of, nor ready for, a rain, let alone a cold one, so after about 3 1/2 hours, she had a cozy bed, and we got to go back inside and get some rest ourselves. Charlotte was such a trooper, as we had to use our van as a "gate" for one end, and with all the unique sounds and strange structure with such peculiar odor, would have sent most any other horse into a sheer frenzy, not to mention a whole new environment ta boot. We used 2 cattle panels we had, arched them between 2 buildings, and covered it with this huge army tarp. Then, we took this huge pile of leaves that we had raked up and piled it on the ground (the ground was already covered with a couple rubber mats), so she had quite a nice bed. The next day was comical as I moved her back and forth between the fenced yard, and the shelter, dodging rain until the man came to take her back to her pasture later that morning.

By this time we had a house full of guests, including one of my grown daughters with one of her babies and her boyfriend, came all the way from Alabama! :aktion033: We all had a great time, and this will be a Christmas never forgotten.

Please forgive me for not being able to post the pictures directly from Shutterfly. I did follow the wonderful, detailed instructions, but for some reason Shutterfly didn't load them onto here. I hope that you don't mind, instead, clicking on the link to view...

So, to share a few pictures of our children meeting Charlotte for the very 1st time

Charlotte, all decked out with bells and bows, waiting...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7df2...16108CasW7hoxbG

Ear to ear smile (even my husband, Paul!), as they meet Charlotte...

Bonding time...

It never dawned on me just how small Charlotte really looked until I saw this picture!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas, and a terrific New Year!

~Karen

*EDITED* for terrible, late night spelling errors. (I probably still missed some any ways, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :aktion033: Looks like the entire family was thrilled with the beautiful Charlotte! Also looks like the bonding time was going great!
default_wub.png
:

Congrats again!
default_yes.gif
:

I love the pictures!!! Charlotte is all decked out
default_smile.png
I love the cranberry "bracelets"!!! This is a Christmas they will never forget and Charlotte is a pretty little girl
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations ! She is adorable !
default_wub.png
: If my parents had gotten me a pony for Christmas I would have fallen over ! I have always been a horsey person ,just without the horsey, until a little while ago ! Your kids will have so many fond memories of this Christmas! and all the years to pass ! Yeaaaa for them ! and you ! :aktion033: Have fun ! :lol:

Ahhh, "madforminis", I was right there where you were as well! I was in my 20's befor I got to have my 1st horse, and I was able to bless my now 21 yr. old daughter with her hearts desire with a pony when she was 3 and now am able to fulfill our 2 little children with their dream come true
default_wub.png
:

Thank you for the compliment on the cranberry and silver bells around Charlottes fetlocks, Jill! It took some figuring, but finally came up with an easy way to accomplish the task. It was so much fun dressing her up!

Alison, I'm sure that Charlotte will bring many many years of joy to our family, thank you. :~)

ibsfarm, you wouldn't believe the joy in the children when they cuddled Charlotte in their arms, and the joy in my husband and my heart just seeing the glow on their faces. Each day we go out to see Charlotte, and Shawntay says "This is the BeSt DaY eeeverrr!" Melts my heart! :~)

~Karen

How cute! Look at the kids, they are so precious too.

If i was going to get a filly (still may do that), i would name her 'Charlotte' too as they filmed the movie 'Charlottes web' right where i live!!!

Enjoy her, she's beautiful.

ooooohhh, i would have died to have a Christmas gift like that as a kid... add me to the list of folks who had to make their own dreams come true as an adult... but i don't know that i would have thought about it had my own daughter not been a horse nut too. first i thought i would live my dreams through watching her... but within 2 years of her first horse, i finally had my very own at age 35... and now at 45 there are 26 on my property LOL.

your kids are SO LUCKY! and what a beautiful little mare... :aktion033: :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back