I think I have confused myself, could someone explain?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
I know there are (in AMHR) 3 different styles of driving. Western Pleasure, Country Pleasure and Pleasure. I know there is difference between Western and Country Pleasure, but what about Pleasure? I'm just curious because I don't think I have ever seen a pleasure class. Either I was in the show stables or I don't know. I guess I'm asking because I have a horse who I just got him used to the basics of driving, and I don't know what "disipline" of driving he would fit in to. I don't think he would fit into pleasure, but I'm just curious as to what pleasure driving is. Is it like country? Sorry rambling in here!
default_smile.png

Pleasure has a high headset and more knee action. In fact in the B size some will "break at level or above" (meaning when they bend their knees, in a still picture, you'll see the knee about chest high.

Yes, there's Western Country Pleasure or Classic (if you show AMHA) which is a horse with low, sweepy action and a nearly horizontal neck; Country Pleasure which is a horse traveling with a rounder outline, head on the vertical, and nice round flashy strides; and Single Pleasure which is for the rip-snorting, fire-breathing, high-action, neck almost straight up, breaking level type movers. It's often hard to tell in practice which is which, but that's the general description!

Leia

Latest posts

Back