I talked with Bob tonight about Aurora...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=10pt]Some people just HAVE to have the last word don't they??? [/SIZE] :no: [SIZE=10pt]WHY is that??[/SIZE]

Triigy&Blue&daisyToo why such hostility??

Its all in the way you say it.
There are 2 people in particular that I think of as being very knowledgeable, experienced horse persons on this forum. One of them comes on and says things like you must, and I am the only one that is correct, and I know everything (or at least that is the way they come off) in a most rude and abusive manner and the other quietly and respectfully gives her opinion or advice and leaves it at that. By the advice and opinions they have both given I can tell they are BOTH good horse people but I am far more likely to listen to the second than the first just because of the way it is voiced. As a matter of fact I am often likely to scoffaw what the first person says and not bother reading just because of their rude manner. It is a real shame because I know I am not alone and I think this person does really have a lot to contribute.
This is sooooo true Lori!! I personally feel that some people here have perhaps too much experience for the forum and find it hard to relate to those just "starting out". I think they need to REALLY remember back to when they first started out and consider how daunting certain things may have felt to them back then.

I may be new to the forum but MANY people have e-mailed me and told me that they are toooo scared to post on here because they fear being "put down" by certain individuals! It is NOT a matter of developing a thicker skin, why should they? This is who they are and should be treated EXACTLY the same as others. This is really sad!
default_sad.png

Correct me if I am wrong........... but I understand this forum is a place to learn, meet NICE people, have fun and show off our mini's (show quality or not) without being treated like a dog
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

The SARCASTIC individuals whom feel the need to mention "Bob's" fan club need to grow up. Flame away!
default_torch.gif
: I go to sleep every night feeling good about myself! :bgrin From reading Bob's posts I am sure he is more than aware that he could have treated the situation differently however, according to Lori's post, the vet agreed that Aurora was more than likely a "hard keeper" when in foal. That same vet also said that Aurora was in pretty good health other than her weight........................does that sound like a horse that has been "neglected as some put it!! He simply did not realise the severity of the situation and that is why he obviously did not mention it in his original post.

Anyway I am done it is sad sad sad
default_sad.png

[SIZE=10pt]Do you really mean that Jane or is that a dig at me LOL? :bgrin :bgrin :bgrin [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, there were members whose posts I skipped over before, and there are more of them now after these threads.

Very interesting, and very very sad too, to read these threads.

Karla that is very good advice as I am a new member here. :saludando:

I also wanted to say that I had a look at your web page a while back and LOVED reading all about your first show, it was great!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Just want to mention my observation that in post after post such as this one--it always confirms who I want to read and who I don't. It's a more pleasant morning for me to know which replies to skip right by. Even in calmer topics, I do not read any posts by some members. Nothing should come as a surprise anymore, except for those who are newer readers. They'll see for themselves. True colors are true colors. Nothing will change. Let it go. Skip some posts and be happy. Otherwise it'll eat at you--and you'll waste precious time trying to come up with some words that will make a difference, when there is no utterance that will change a thing. Reputations aren't built in a day...
Hey Barbum... there's this really cool thing called the ignore button ... I highly recommend it, I just ignore the ones I consider rude, so they won't ruin my day
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=10pt]All I have to say is that sending me a nasty e-mail and blocking me from replying is pretty low :517: [/SIZE]

You know who you are!

I am sick to death of the holier-than-thou attitude that some of you (not you, Minimor) have.

Now is this isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black. It remains to be seen what is wrong with the mare but if all it takes is getting some decent rations into her and she gains it will be proof of simple neglect. Perhaps not intended, but who knows. Bob by his own admission now says he's quite the horseman, however people who are usually don't proudly post an emaciated mare and reject the idea that there is anything wrong. He didn't come here asking for any help about the problem, he was obivious to it. Yet it was glaringly obvious to anyone with vision that the mare was in dire straights. Concerns about care have been gently suggested to this man over and over yet nothing and I mean nothing but someone stating it plain out made any impression at all. If someone has to be shamed into caring for their animal then so be it. The animal is much more important that him, you all or me anyday.

Mona is one of the few with an intelligent post on the entire matter. Makes me thankful there are at least a few rational people left around this place who have a clue. And for those of you that have a bug up your butt about Jane, get over it. She's one of the most honest, kind yes I said kind, thought-provoking, knowlegable people on this board. Where's your compassion where she or anyone else you don't agree with is concerned, it's non-existant. Coming from someone whose had several rows with her, she may be blunt but she's usually right which can be offensive to those who only think they are.

Girween, sounds like you may need to do some growing up yourself if your first posts are nothing but attacks and slinging generalities on others in a matter you obviously know nothing about.

For the record, I wouldn't send you a nasty PM anything I have to say to you or anyone else will always be in plain sight for all to see. If you got a nasty one I'm not surprised though.

Last edited:
Wow that was pretty tough going I must say......

If the person that attacked me via e-mail had the decency to let me respond, rather than blocking me, it could have been dealt with privately.

I had no intention of starting out this way as a new member however, the day I decided to join I found the reply from Bob's Girlfriend, and decided to let anyone that CARED know about it.

Do I not have a right as a individual to voice my opinion that the treatment of Bob was less than ordinary???

Just because I have not been around "as a member" does not mean that I have not been following this forum and all Bob's posts for some time. I educated myself prior to coming on board about Bob and his situation infact, I read ALL of his archived Topics.

You are not suprised that I received a nasty e-mail............well I only received one! From somebody that felt the need to go OUT OF HER WAY to cause additional trouble. It was also implied in the e-mail that I should be experienced before I make comments. I am not experienced and have never claimed to be. I do not think you need to be experienced in horses to have COMPASSION for humans. I am here to LEARN more about horses.

Welcome to the forum!

All I can and will say is that there is more to it than what is available in previous threads and posts. A lot goes on behind the scenes that will not always be shared in public.

And yes I do welcome you to the forum regardless that I agree with you take on the whole thing or not. We do tend to do a lot of disagreeing around here and always will. It's a good place but not a place where you will only receive mirrors of your own thoughts with everyone being in harmony with one mind, how pathetic would that be?

Last edited:
I have one question for those replying here... How OLD are you!?! THere are some of you here acting worse than high school girls! I seriously hope that the way you are acting is because you're caught up in the drama of the topic and NOT how you are truly in life.. Stop replying and take a step back and look at what the things you've said so far and hopefully you'll be able to see the pettyness in it, and THEN reply with support and help.. ENOUGH of the bashing each other! So easy to see others' faults but not the faults in youself..

Bob and those involved I pray that you are able to help Aurora and that you end up with a healthy boucing baby when the time comes.. No matter what truly happened, I'm not getting into it; not my business, I hope everyone takes this as a learning experience, it's soooo easy to overlook the little things.

Well, I didnt make any comments to Bob. I know things happen, for whatever reason. But am glad to see he let somebody step in and get the mare better.

That said I think this thread has had enough now. And as for the pms, what is said there is ment to stay there, hence the privaite message.

I have had my battles with people here, alot when I first started. Now I do more reading then posting and I cant say there is a person here that I dont read the posts because I dont like them. Everybody is different, if you look into a person there is always something you can learn from them.

:no: :no: :no: Ladies, Ladies, Ladies!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I have only been a member for a few years... And I can hear in these posts how angry some are getting...It seems to have gone from Bob's horse to each other. And some are really fighting mad at each other....The bottom line is Bobs mare is gettting the care she needs and he and his gf will have a learning experiance from this situation. All have done their job to tell him he needed help and he got it for her ASAP...Isn't that what we are here for??? The problem was pointed out and now it is getting fixed... Now the problem is US???
default_wacko.png
: I truely treasure some of the advice posted on here..Especially in the middle of the night when the vet can't get to us, but we can get to this forum
default_yes.gif
: .But these kind of posts ( attacks) on each other makes me very sad... :no:

Theresa

Perhaps it is time that this thread is closed.... :no:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Judy, I am glad you started this thread, it was a long time coming and took this as a catalyst to show the problems that are creeping into this forum. I posted for many years and have in the last year or so distanced myself in posting because I don't like some of the very harsh criticisms happening in certain threads :no: This use to be such be a wonderful place to come but now :new_shocked: . Its truly a shame and the previous threads about Aurora prove my point that things have slid to an all time low which is not a good thing either for miniature horses nor for newbies and non newbies as well.

Oh good grief, what started as a plea to help one horse has turned into a free for all. Can we lock this topic???? Gosh, whats the weather like in your neighborhood??

Oh good grief, what started as a plea to help one horse has turned into a free for all. Can we lock this topic???? Gosh, whats the weather like in your neighborhood??
Hi... :saludando: :saludando: :saludando:

It is very cold here, getting ready to snow and ice AGAIN! How is your weather WOODNLDY

Judy, I am glad you started this thread, it was a long time coming and took this as a catalyst to show the problems that are creeping into this forum. I posted for many years and have in the last year or so distanced myself in posting because I don't like some of the very harsh criticisms happening in certain threads :no: This use to be such be a wonderful place to come but now :new_shocked: . Its truly a shame and the previous threads about Aurora prove my point that things have slid to an all time low which is not a good thing either for miniature horses nor for newbies and non newbies as well.

Thanks, Danielle!

Perhaps we can all take a moment to step back and read beyond the vitriol and realize that there is truth to both sides.

1. It is never wrong to speak out when we truly believe we are acting in an animal's best interest.

2. No matter how strongly we feel on any subject, it can always be address in a compassionate manner.

Re-read Lori's posts written in a no-holds-barred yet compassionate manner. She has put her money where her mouth is, taking in Aurora at her own expense AND speaking up for the man that Bob truly is, all the while unflinchingly assessing the situation.

I, for one, will look to her posts for both truth and humanity.

Perhaps we can all take a moment to step back and read beyond the vitriol and realize that there is truth to both sides.

1. It is never wrong to speak out when we truly believe we are acting in an animal's best interest.

2. No matter how strongly we feel on any subject, it can always be address in a compassionate manner.

Re-read Lori's posts written in a no-holds-barred yet compassionate manner. She has put her money where her mouth is, taking in Aurora at her own expense AND speaking up for the man that Bob truly is, all the while unflinchingly assessing the situation.

I, for one, will look to her posts for both truth and humanity.
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: I couldn't agree more!!
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back