I need a new camera

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h2t99

Reaction score
My Kodak digital camera is a piece of junk!! Well actually it takes great pictures but I fly through batteries!! I just put new batteries in it and took 2 pictures and it died!!
default_new_shocked.gif
So I have decided I need a new camera, I called Kodak about it and they can fix it but it is not under warranty anymore.

So can anyone tell me what they have and how they like it and how long batteries last, I would like to get one I can charge or has a dock I can use so I am not going through batteries.

Thanks for any input!!
default_biggrin.png

Heidi

Sounds like what happened with mine.. Had a Kodak EasyShare (don't remember the number) for 3 years I think, maybe a tad longer, but end of last year/beginning of this year it started eating through batteries like no other.. I'd be lucky if I could get 20 shots off of a set of batteries..

Just bought a Nikon D60 (I think, will have to double check the number) and LOVE it.. Have two sizes of zooms for it, rapid shutter so I can take a ton of photos at once, and best of all, rechargeable battery pack! You can see some of the photos I've taken with it over on the photo forum..

D you want a point-n-shoot or a SLR? I have a Canon Rebel xTi and LOVE it! Rechargable battery that lasts for hundreds of pictures. Charges FAST! And on my picture card I had over 2000 photos!! Uses interchangable lens, so you can get one for any photo condition. And the software that comes with it is wonderful, too! Editing, compressing, anything!

They can be rather pricey, I paid over $600 for mine two years ago. Now that the new model has come out the price may have dropped, though.

Lucy

I just got a Panasonic Lumix Z1, which is pocket size (not an SLR) and cost about $250. Features I like are the 12X zoom, the ability to take "bursts" to capture action, and it also takes movies/videos. The battery recharges pretty fast, which is good because when I ordered a spare they sent the wrong size. With my memory card, I can store over 1000 pictures at the biggest size (there are lost of options on the sizes). I have not posted any photos using this camera on the forum yet.

Whatever you do, don't get a Kodak. Canon is the way to go!

Whatever you do, don't get a Kodak. Canon is the way to go!
I love my Canon. I did a whole pile of research before buying my camera. I have the Canon SX10 IS. It's a cross over camera being that it isn't a simple point and shoot type of camera, but it's also not a complicated DSLR. It takes great photos but I always say that you need to really learn how to take good pics, it's an art.

I will not be going with another Kodak, the one I have is not even 2 years old yet!! I started having problems with the batteries around a year old. Although it does take great pictures!! So I am looking for something that I can take a lot of pictures or video's. We usually video all of my son's wrestling matches, so I need to have something that I am not going to worry about the battery dying in the middle of a 3 minute match!!
default_wacko.png

I am not looking to spend over $300.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for all the suggestions!!
default_biggrin.png

Heidi

I also have a Canon and LOVE it. It is the SX100 IS.

It's easy to use and takes great pics. It has a 10x optical lens. I wish it were a stronger optical, but when I got the camera, 10x was about the best you could get in the price range.

It takes long videos. With the 8GB memory card I can get literally thousands of pictures on the card. Or course, if you take videos, the number of pictures the card can hold is less.

Latest posts

Back