I LOST MY MARE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png

Thank you all so much. I still can't believe our girl is gone
default_crybaby.gif

I remember Lauralee. She was a wonderful girl.

So very sorry about the loss of your sweet mare and her foal. I've had the same problem here with vets too so I understand what you went through. I can imagine how hard this time is for you. Hugs.

Robin, I know we have talked privately, but I just want to tell you again how much my heart goes out to you. I remember we had something similar happen in 2008, for so long after, every time I had a chance to think, it felt like someone slapped me in the face. So painful, and so many emotions for us.

My vet gave us some good words, that maybe will help you. He was trying to help us with our sweet, show / drive / love / pet Goldie, and when it was to no avail, he told me "you bred her because you or a friend would have loved another horse just like her." And that is so. You never know how things will come out, but if not for how special a mare is, people like you and I wouldn't have bred her in the first place.

If I could give you a hug, I would now. Sharing your tears, and I think a lot of others of us here do as well.

I am so sorry. This group understands more than just about anyone. They are never "just a horse." So very sorry.

I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain you are going through. Praying for a healing heart, may the memories you have give you comfort. Bless your family!

Val

Robin, I'm just seeing this. So very sorry about your loss of Whysr. I do remember when you got her from Lauralee. What a horrible experience for you. My heart goes out to you and Karrel.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mare and foal. It's devastating to lose a foal and even more so to lose a mare! I know your hearts are broken. I still tear up thinking of our mare/foal that we lost in 2011. HUGS to you all!

Thank you all so much. We've both been having a very hard time losing her. She was a sweet yet quirky little Diva.

Rest in peace Whyp Whyp, you were loved

Robin,

I am so sorry about Whypy -- she was beautiful and was obviously quite the character. Of the many horses in the world, few could hope to have as wonderful of a home as she had with you and Karl. Her life ended too soon, but it was filled with love, attention and great care.

Take care,

susanne

Back