I LOST MY MARE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
We are devastated at the loss of our beloved mare "Whypy"

We got Whypy back in 2004 when she was only 2, from "Lauralee" do you remember her?
Whypy had a few quirks and that endeared her to me all the more. She had lovely foals and foaled easy. She was a boss mare but was sweet. She was a real pistol to trim her back feet the whole 9 years we had her. I trimmed her feet last week. And it was the easiest time I've ever had. I tried a new foot picking up method with her and it worked! (picking it up without picking it up) She got lots of praise! I was looking forward to her next trim so I could try it again. I had no idea that was her last trim.

She did this thing that if you gave her a cookie or treat and she wanted another one (always!) she'd put her head down and sucked her tongue, pouting! She looked like a kid with a binky. I'd say Aw Whypy! And give her another treat.

People asked to buy her over the years but I could never bring myself to let her go.......until Monday night.

I dropped to breeding way less than half my mares. So Whypy hadn't been bred in a few years so I bred her to Nort last year.

I enjoyed spoiling her, loving on her extra and got to give her cookies one last time while I was watching her to foal. I'm glad I had that special time with her.

We lost my sweet Whypy and her baby.

After 3 hours of doing all in our power. It was the worst foaling I've had in 20 years and couldn't get ahold of the vet (as per his answering service) She was suffering and fading. In our love for her, we set her free. I'm still in shock.

I love you my sweet little Whyps. We will never forget you.

Lauralee's Troubles Careless Whyspr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. People that know me know my horses are my KIDS. They are people to me. We are both devastated. Karrel was almost in tears. I've been crying all week. We've never lost a mare to foaling before. I can't believe my beloved girl is gone.

I am so sorry to hear this...

Godspeed to little Whypy and her foal. Many, many cyber hugs to you and Karrel.

Oh no, I'm soooooooo very sorry you lost you precious girl in such a tragic way. My heartfelt sympathies to you both.

((((HUGS))))

Aw Robin, I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying to ease your sadness.

Robin, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. My sympathies to you and Karrel.

Lois

Oh no Robin I'm so sorry! I know you are heartbroken, you love your babies so much I know they are your kids and your heart. Please don't beat yourself up over this it was not your fault. YES! I remember Lauralee..loved her barn/house combo and of course her horses.

I am so sorry Robin... my heart breaks for you. That is always my worst fear with breeding, which just adds to the stress.

Oh No Robin, I am so so sorry, such heartbreaking news. Sending hugs and prayer for you both.

I am so sorry to read such sad news, I know you are suffering over losing your lovely mare, I feel for you and Karrel.

So sorry to hear you lost your precious mare and her baby..sending hugs and prayers to you at this sad time

Robin, I am so sorry. Thank you for sharing your story with us, as painful as it is. It is something I would never bestow on anyone, but feel it is important to share none the less.

Back