I just can't sleep.............

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back Bob- I had to back up and pull the original post that I missed to see why all the fuss.

I wonder, not counting heaves, if this mare, in her neglected state by a previous owner, now has other issues?? Something hidden that just got the best of her during her later part of the pregnancy and yes, I have seen others shocked by the horse underneath all of the hair coming out of winter. Or, I wonder if the mare looked neglected because she had another foal and it is just too much for her to deal with and ended up in the same condition??

I hope the vet can help you out with Aurora and find something that will work. Poor girl. Naughty Tonto!

I am sorry that some were quite harsh- guess they were just surprized. Dont think too hard of them- they were just concerned for your mare too.

How frustrating for you and I hope things work out ok. Please keep us posted on how you all are doing. I bet Tonto does miss her and she will probably say 'See what you did!!' :nono: after the foal comes.

Do please keep us posted, and it's ok to vent- sometimes the world is just too much. Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Back