I have taken a huge major step and would like feedback

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! My website is webs also for now. The more you work with it, the more you will get the hang of it. Out of all the free webs I checked out online with ads I always came back to Webs. Even tho they have ads if you don't choose the upgraded package, they aren't bad. At least they don't pop up like some sites do.

I'm getting red 'x's' now too but didn't yesterday. Have you deleted your old website? If so, those pictures will not show up on the new website. Other than that, I don't know why the red 'x's'!

Must be an issue with Webs, right now: as I can't see your new site, and mine isn't working either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still seeing a lot of red X squares
default_no.gif

Freeland, would you like to edit my website? Yours is awesome, mine is so plain, I'm just not very creative with writing.

I did get a couple red Xs too.

I love it Freeland! Its very nicely done. You did good. I like the way you don't have pop ups all over the place either.

Question: Do you pay for a domain name?

Also, RaineRanch, you said your site is free but I don't see any ads on your's at all. How'd you do that?

One more question: Will it accept any animated graphics?

I just looked at your website. Very nice!!! I'm so happy to see you post about this, as I am in the process of making my own website with Webs also. I haven't 'published' mine yet, as my other one is still working. Do you (or anyone else) know how I would go about moving my domain name to Webs?

Pam

Freeland,

It looks great... I love all your horses
default_smile.png

I did my own site with Webs back when it was still called Freewebs -- I haven't had any issues with it and I am not very computer "smart" - so I am very happy that I can change things as I need and update as I go... Now I just need more time to actually get the updates done
default_smile.png
But you are right this 100+ degree weather makes a good time... Now to just get my son to take longer naps or get him to hang out with daddy so I can actually do it -- haha
default_smile.png

I did start out with the free site but didn't like the ads so I upgraded - which also gives you more page options and more space for pictures and I bought my domain name. As I said I am not very good with the computer but here is the link to my site if you would like to check it out and see it without ads... www.dgrminis.com

Oh and I do get some of the red X's on some pictures - not all of them though... If you want I can e-mail you a list of the ones that show up as red X's for me...

Tessie

Chanda I am not seeing any ads on your site at all either, but I do see a large one at the top of Cheyene's. Are you paying extra to keep them off?

Chanda I am not seeing any ads on your site at all either, but I do see a large one at the top of Cheyene's. Are you paying extra to keep them off?
Marty,

I started it when the company was called freewebs, and started with their free website and I've not updated to a paid website, yet. Don't know if they don't always show ads or if I'm just lucky.
default_wink.png

You did a great job. The pages load easily and navigation is straightforward. You're links page and clear photos of your horses is great!

1. Dead photos on the stallion photos (no pic showed)

2. If you're not going to write a FAQ, remove that from your Nav Bar (takes up space and would pop your links up to one Nav Bar

3. There's a small black box/red border in the header - I'm not sure if you meant to add something or ?

Mine is also through Webs, and I recently discovered they can make it ad-free for you for only....14.99 a year. CAN"T BEAT THAT
default_wink.png

Beginning do-it-your-selfers: Webs.com is great
default_biggrin.png

I REALLY appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. Lots of things I want to address. Hope I don't miss any.

I love it Freeland! Its very nicely done. You did good. I like the way you don't have pop ups all over the place either. Question: Do you pay for a domain name?
Thanks Marty. I can't take credit for not having pop ups, that is just the way Webs does it. I have not paid for a domain name yet. That is something I will consider if I really like the way this turns out, and from the positive responses so far, it looks like I will.

One more question: Will it accept any animated graphics?
Umm, that's the ones that move, right?
default_wacko.png
I guess so, I have added a flying flag at the bottom of my home page.

Do you (or anyone else) know how I would go about moving my domain name to Webs?

Pam
Sorry, I don't have a clue. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Oh and I do get some of the red X's on some pictures - not all of them though... If you want I can e-mail you a list of the ones that show up as red X's for me...
Tessie
YES! I would very much appreciate it if ANYONE who is getting red Xs would email me which ones are not showing up. BTW, I really like the looks of your website.

You did a great job. The pages load easily and navigation is straightforward. You're links page and clear photos of your horses is great!

1. Dead photos on the stallion photos (no pic showed)

2. If you're not going to write a FAQ, remove that from your Nav Bar (takes up space and would pop your links up to one Nav Bar

3. There's a small black box/red border in the header - I'm not sure if you meant to add something or ?

Michelle Sharrock

WESCO FARMS

|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
1. Is that all the stallions, or just certain ones. There are some photos on that page that I just copied from my old site and some from Photobucket (If my memory is correct).

2. I plan to add to the FAQ page later, just haven't got to that yet. I did finally figure out how to delete a couple of pages that I was not using.

3. I saw that box, and it bothers me. To the best of my knowledge it is not something I did. That flag header is just one of the page templates that Webs offers. I did not create it.

Thanks for those suggestions.

Marty, on 10 July 2011 - 11:49 AM, said:
Also, RaineRanch, you said your site is free but I don't see any ads on your's at all. How'd you do that?

Really????!!!??!! I don't know. I see adds when I look at it. But I don't mind if other people don't!
Savannah, I don't see any ads on your site either. I really like the castle in your header. HOWEVER, when I click on the link in your signature, a page comes up titled Google sites. You might want to check on that.

Thank you everyone! I'm still working on it. Keep the suggestions coming.

Savannah, I don't see any ads on your site either. I really like the castle in your header. HOWEVER, when I click on the link in your signature, a page comes up titled Google sites. You might want to check on that.

Thank you everyone! I'm still working on it. Keep the suggestions coming.

OOOOPS That was my old website.
default_blush.png
I forgot to change it. I will do it Now! I am on the look out for links to my old website. I don't remember were it is all at.
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

ETA: I think I fixed the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! I would very much appreciate it if ANYONE who is getting red Xs would email me which ones are not showing up. BTW, I really like the looks of your website.

Thank you very much and I will e-mail you about the pictures
default_smile.png

Tessie

Back