I have taken a huge major step and would like feedback

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songcatcher

Reaction score
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
I have been thinking about this for some time, but I am so technologically illiterate that I thought I could never do it.
default_wacko.png
Since it is summer (and I am a school teacher so I'm out for the summer)
default_rolleyes.gif
, and it is over 100 degrees outside
default_sad.png
, I have played with this computer and built my own website
default_wacko.png
. I'm not totally sure this is going to be permanent, so I chose a site that I can try for free until I decide if I want to stay with it. Being free, I have to put up with outside ads.
default_no.gif

I still have a few things to ad and change around, but I wanted to get feedback from you all. Please take a look. Go to the various pages, and let me know what you think. If anyone else has used this site and upgraded so it doesn't have the outside ads, let me know so I can compare the two.

The HUGE advantage that I see is that I can change anything, anytime I want.
default_smile.png
If I sell a horse, I can mark it sold immediately. If I buy a horse (NOT HAPPENING anytime soon), I can add it whenever I want. When I get new pictures, I can change them out one at a time without waiting.

Here is the address: http://songcatcherranch.webs.com/ Please let me know what you think. Either post here or email me.

It looks nice Freeland, easy to navigate and very nice horses. I just recently did the same thing and your right, being able to do it on a daily basis if you want to is great.

Gee you did a really good job l liked it and you have some beautiful minis..l think it's kinda nice to change anything at anytime without always having to go through another person and then the wait and when they get done you noticed something else but you hate to say anything so leave it till next time because you don't want to be a pain..l think being able to do your own is nifty..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

So jealous. I've been battling with Webs trying to make a website for quite a while. Actually I've given up. A kind soul on this forum offered to help but I don't even know what sort of questions to ask her.

Everyone says it is so easy.
default_laugh.png
DISAGREE
default_laugh.png

Anyway I am off to have a look at your site now.

Congrats to you for mastering that devil.

default_thumbup.gif
I think it looks great and the more I see people doing their own, it motivates me to get busy! I have wanted a website and have been putting it off ... not like I need another project or anything but with these temps in the 100's every day down here, it would give me an excuse to stay inside more and work on the laptop in the air conditioning!
default_rolleyes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I think you did an awesome job and your horses look great. just looking at yours makes me want to try my hand at it. There is nothing worse than looking at someones site and seeing a horse/price then notice that the page hasnt been updated in 3 yrs. its nice that you can change things when ever you need too. Great Job

Wow! It is great! You did a nice job - very user friendly!

I think that it looks great Freeland! I like all the new updated pics of you horses.
default_smile.png
I have my rabbitry website with webs.com and it took awhile to figure it out. But once I did, it seems to do great for me.

I think it looks great and great that there is a little information and a picture for each horse. Well done on a great website

Well done - it looks great and you have some beautiful horses!
default_wub.png

Anna

default_aktion033.gif
Website looks great. Pat on the back for a job well done!

Like you said, nothing else to do with the 100 degree temps outside!

Your website was a very nice experience. Excellent job and being able to keep updated immediately is priceless.

Your horses are beautiful and I wish I could have seen all your pictures.

Unfortunately I could not see a lot of pictures as my computer just showed a box with a small red "X" in the top left corner.

I do our website and wanted to mention that I have paid the extra fee to have the ads removed. I didn't mind the ads at first but a forum member who visited the site said there were ads that were not very appropriate and you would not want your name associated. (x rated)

I think it looks really nice, and I know you will enjoy being able to do your updates hands on whenever you want or need to. WTG
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Your horses are beautiful and I wish I could have seen all your pictures.

Unfortunately I could not see a lot of pictures as my computer just showed a box with a small red "X" in the top left corner.
OH! That is not good at all. I can't imagine why. Has anyone else had that problem?

Some of my pictures I copied from Photobucket, and some I simply copied from my previous website. I wonder if that would make a difference? If you could tell me which ones you have the problem with, it might help me to resolve it.

I have been continuously working on additions. Got my Foals Page up and working on Color Genetics 101. I'm adding pictures to that for examples.

If anyone else is experiencing problems with any of it, please let me know.

Back