I have taken a huge major step and would like feedback

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job- I took the jump to webs.com recently too and just finished up my website for now as well. I will get mare's pics updated later, but at least have one on there, LOL

I find it easy to operate as well, very reasonably priced with a variety of packages from free to... whatever. I love it that I can update it myself any time I want to and it's really quick to do so!

Helicopter, if you have questions I am sure some of us here would be more than willing to help you.

I purchased a package so dont get the ads, and also got a regular www. address with it. I do see the ads on this site and Freeland all your pics are showing up nicely. No dreaded red X's here.

Freeland all your pics are showing up nicely. No dreaded red X's here.
Well, that is odd. Some are seeing pictures and some are seeing Xs.

I think I figured out the problem for those that are seeing the red X. I think it is on pictures that I copied directly off of my other site. I have gone back in and replaced them with pictures from Photobucket. If you could go back and check it again to see if the pictures are showing up now, I would really appreciate it.

http://songcatcherranch.webs.com/

Well, that is odd. Some are seeing pictures and some are seeing Xs.

I think I figured out the problem for those that are seeing the red X. I think it is on pictures that I copied directly off of my other site. I have gone back in and replaced them with pictures from Photobucket. If you could go back and check it again to see if the pictures are showing up now, I would really appreciate it.

http://songcatcherranch.webs.com/

I can see them all!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

I like it! i noticed you had some bear farm horses, i just bought a mare from them

GREAT job!!!!!!! I loved the color genetics information.

I do have one question though, I did think that Frame Overos do not typically have blue eyes, but when they do have blue eyes it is from the Sabino or Splash patterns?

I like it! i noticed you had some bear farm horses, i just bought a mare from them
Yes, I have several Bear Farms horses and LOVE them. They recently sold a yearling filly that I would have loved to have, but simply can't right now with my pasture situation.

Where are you located? I have made several trips to Bear Farms.

GREAT job!!!!!!! I loved the color genetics information.

I do have one question though, I did think that Frame Overos do not typically have blue eyes, but when they do have blue eyes it is from the Sabino or Splash patterns?
Thank you so much. Combinations of patterns often make it difficult to tell what causes what. Blue eyes have long been believed to be one of the possible characteristics of Frame, but it is true that much current thinking is leaning toward the idea that the blue eyes are not caused by Frame, but the addition of Splash. I have heard that they have been working on a test for Splash for some time, but it is not developed yet. Once it is developed, it will answer many questions.

The photos on my Color Genetics page are a new addition. They are far from being complete examples, as I have used only photos that I have taken myself. Actually, the entire page is far from being complete. It is intended as just a general basic explanation without getting into all the technicalities.

Thank you - lots to learn on color genetics.........

I thought that page was VERY well done and not to detailed but to the point. I really liked it and believe it covered a great deal.

I think I will try that web link service, hate to build another web site, but bravenet is awful about pop ups these days.......

......Mime left June 11.JPG

This fella here carries all three of the overo genes!

Yes, I have several Bear Farms horses and LOVE them. They recently sold a yearling filly that I would have loved to have, but simply can't right now with my pasture situation.

Where are you located? I have made several trips to Bear Farms.
I am in NC, they sent pics, and i bought her off the net,they have been great to work with, cant wait to get her,

I used the pics on my site right from the photos in my own computer- didnt have to move them to photobucket or anywhere else. I just made sure they were sized down.

Looking great, I really like webs.com

Thank you - lots to learn on color genetics.........

I thought that page was VERY well done and not to detailed but to the point. I really liked it and believe it covered a great deal.

I think I will try that web link service, hate to build another web site, but bravenet is awful about pop ups these days.......

......View attachment 2161

This fella here carries all three of the overo genes!
He is a beautiful example of color genetics. And, a first cousin to my Rowdy grandson, McSperitts Rowdy Night Image.
default_yes.gif

It's very nice!!!! One thing I always find when you make a website.. you totally underestimate how much work and content goes into them!! haha

I LOVE this new website!
default_biggrin.png
I had someone call today to purchase a mare, and I was able to update immediately.

In case any of you missed it, my old website has crashed and my new address is http://songcatcherranch.webs.com/ . I hope everyone will bookmark or save to your favorites. Looks like this will be the site I will be using.

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions and encouragement as I was building it. It helped a lot.
default_yes.gif

Back