i have purchased my first mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
I am so thrilled and excited. I have a new mini thanks to my family. IThey have purchased Star Lake Lanceolot from Cathy Waxler for me. Cathy is taking him to Nationals so I will not actually get him until she comes back from Worlds.

Now I need to get everything ready for him here. Oh what to do first? I have plenty of time so it will all get done before he gets here. Is it Oct yet LOL

Congrats on your mini! How EXCITING!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

It's going to be a long wait LOL!

Your going to love Lance, he is an awesome horse. Congratulations.

Lance is an awesome, awesome horse! You are going to have a BLAST with him!

Right now, get his barn/stall and fields ready. Winter is coming fast up there so be ready NOW. Get all your hay in for him. Get everything set up. Don't buy his feed quite yet, wait a week or so before so it doesn't go stale. Shavings can be bought and stored.

Because he is showing at Nationals and Worlds he'll be clipped so make sure you have blankets for him. Up there a quilted hood may be needed, so it wouldn't hurt to have one on hand.

Because you have a bit of time you don't have to run out and buy everything at once, which is so nice! But I just LOVE horsie shopping!!

One advantage to him coming from Cathy is you can get whatever he needs, blankets, halters, buckets, leads and most anything you will really need from her. She can tell you what you will need as opposed to what you might need but can get later. The main thing is to have fun when you get him.

Thanks everyone. I have a 16.2 hand horse now so I have hay, shavings, buckets, lead lines and everything I need there. I just have to set up his stall. Cathy and I have worked on what he will need blamket wise but I never thought of a neck cover. Lance is not going to Worlds just Nationals. I have to wait for Cathy to get back from Worlds to get him.

You are right Oct is a looong way away but I waitedt this long so I can wait a little longer. He is an awsome horse to drive. We hit if off right away and he really listened to me which is what I wanted in a mini

Latest posts

Back