I have a really hard time after Christmas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watcheye

Reaction score
Im one of those people that starts listening to Christmas music ridiculously early. I want my decorations up and I want to watch all of my Holiday movies. There are some people out there who roll their eyes and think that any Christmas music before Thanksgiving is horrid and even after Thanksgiving, they could do without it.

To me, its not Christmas day so much as it is Christmas time. Its almost magic and I dont know why. Perhaps its because when many of us where kids, it WAS magic. I always wish to have that back and it seems like I get a little taste of how things where when this time of year rolls around. Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part, everyone is happy. Everything is cozier. My house looks amazing at Christmas time. I LOVE pine trees (even though our tree is fake now - its still HUGE). We even have the cutest clock that plays Christmas music on the hour. The snow is the icing on the cake. It really makes things look incredible out side and it makes the house glow from the inside. At one point my parents were even still married. My whole family would come over....

Dont get me wrong, I am so grateful for what I do have. I still have my mom and my brother. I still have Matt and my friends. I try to make it over to my grandmas house to admire her beautiful decorations and spend time with her and grandpa. I have my beloved pets. I try to focus on that as much as I can and not complain but I miss it. We keep our decorations up long after Christmas but the rest of the world is packing things away. No more tv specials and fun glade commercials. Its almost like its some magical other dimention that lines up with earth for just a short time and just like that, it separates from us and moves on...
default_no.gif

I know when it is all said and done, it comes so fast and in a blink of an eye, all is gone.

I sure wish the joy of Christmas stayed all year round, but people are so wrapped up in their own life, forget about others, we all are just too busy now adays to enjoy each moment...

Take care and God Bless and keep the Christmas spirit in your heart and keep enjoying all your memories....
default_wub.png

There are lots of ways to keep Christmas. Volunteering is a great way to make the whole year special. Check with your local united way or other volunteer organization.

Make it a point to visit grandma and grandpa every month, take them spring decorations, flowers etc.

Particpate in 4th of July parades and others that you can decorate up for.

I love Christmas too, but taking down all the decorations makes me feel like I'm starting the new year fresh and clean!

Latest posts

Back