I got some VERY exciting news in the mail today!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoeboxstables

Reaction score
It was a great mail day today. I found out that I was accepted to both the Ohio State and the University of Findlay (with a $13,000 renewable scholarship!!). I thought that was great news in itself!

Then, an hour later, mom saw that there was another letter in the stack for me- from AMHR. I had no idea what it could be- it was far too soon for my registration work to be rejected
default_wink.png
default_rolleyes.gif
- so what did I forget now?

Well, it was All Star Results.

For ME. and Diva.

I am soooo super excited to say that in Diva's first year of driving in only THREE (triple judged) shows, my home-trained pony and I were

TOP FIVE NATIONAL ALL STAR HONOREES for YOUTH OBSTACLE DRIVING!!!!!

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_risa8.gif
:BananaHappy
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_488.gif
:SoCool
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
:SoHappy

Now, if you all aren't sick of hearing about Diva, I'd love to just say a little bit about her. She's my 10 year old mare. I got her a year and a half ago- from a pasture she'd been running loose in all her life. No training, no manners, no nothing. I took her, and worked with her. She was a pain in the @$$ for sure- but we worked really really really hard. I trained her to drive, and we went to a handful of shows. We did very very well, and I couldn't have been more thrilled with not only the awards- but the leaps and bounds we've made as a team. Diva is a dream to work with now, and I couldn't have been more proud when I opened the letter. This mare has learned SO MUCH in the last year, she's not afraid anymore, she's now used for therapy, she is my best friend. I am very, very, very proud of her. Just recently we won a bunch of awards on the state level too, She went Year End Champion in Three different classes, and won Reserve year end High Point Youth with me.

The progress has been amazing ot witness.
default_yes.gif
She's truly come to be an awesome horse. And I've come to learn SOOO much from her!!!

So, if you want to hear a full story about my Diva, you can look at this post:

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.ph...714&hl=diva

And before I go, let me make you sit through one quick picture of my Diva and I
default_wub.png

sumawards.jpg

Oh yeah- and It's my 18th birthday tomorrow!! Good week!!
default_yes.gif

and CONGRATS to all the other All Stars!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, congratulations!!!

That is a great story about you and Diva. Thank you for sharing...I think it would make an excellent submission to the AMHR Journal/Miniature Horse World. I know I'd love to read it there, even though I already "know" the story.
default_smile.png

Liz

What a great way to kick off your 18th birthday!

Congratulations, your hard work is paying off in so many ways.....You deserve it!

Diva is beautiful, and I loved reading your story.

WOW KAITLYN!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
ALL OF THAT IS BEYOND INCREDIBLE NEWS!!! You must feel rightfully VERY proud!

Which university are you leaning toward? I suppose you are planning to attend the equine programs, right???

Wow Kaitlyn, that's fantastic!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_thumbup.gif

You and Diva sure deserve it, and I agree with Nootka that your story would look wonderful published in the AMHA World or Miniature World Showcase. Send it in!

Leia

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
How proud you must feel! Very happy for you.....and happy birthday, too!

Peggy

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

The University of Findlay is only about 15 minutes from me, and it has an excellent Equine program. It has a separate facility for Western and one for English. I had a very good friend attend college there and she absolutely loved it!

And Diva is gorgeous. Congratulations, all of your hard work sounds like it was well worth it!

Happy Birthday, and what great news all around! Keep up the good work. We look forward to hearing more in the future, too.

Well, that was quite a week. CONGRATULATIONS on all accounts. Good for you.

WOW.. I am impressed, then your University acceptance and your birthday. Looks like 2008 is going to be a fantastic year for you. Way to go.

Thank you so much everyone!
default_biggrin.png
I am beyond thrilled!! It's going to be a great year for sure!! I was jst thinking how I ought to write something and send it into the Journel/MHW- I think that's a great idea! Where would I send it to though? I think I'm definatly going to look into it though
default_yes.gif

As far as college....

I'm looking to do Pre-Vet Med (but major in Biology), and so far have been accepted to Rutgers, U of Colorado, Ohio State, U of Findlay (Sassy's mom- cool! UoF is the school that I know least about- but if you know anything more about it- I'd LOVE to hear!!), and Alfred University. I'm still waiting to hear from U of Maine (Orono) and Cornell
default_ohnoes.jpg
. As of right now, I *think* I like CSU best. I really want to get into Equine Reproduction (How I'd loveeee to study dwarfism/fetual development!!) so they have an AWESOME program for that. But I'm not sure
default_rolleyes.gif
time and finacial packages will tell
default_wink.png

But THANK you all for your kind words!!
default_yes.gif
It really means a lot to me
default_biggrin.png

That is AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, OUTSTANDING AND EVERY OTHER WONDERFUL WAY THERE IS TO SAY THIS!!

You should be very, very, very proud of what you have accomplished!!!

I work at a local community college and have worked at a local high school and I see so many kids who don't have the first clue about hard work and responsibility. You will go far and do great things, just a continuation of what you have already started.

Congratulations and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Kelly

Congrats!

Now, if you all aren't sick of hearing about Diva, I'd love to just say a little bit about her. She's my 10 year old mare. I got her a year and a half ago- from a pasture she'd been running loose in all her life. No training, no manners, no nothing. I took her, and worked with her. She was a pain in the @$$ for sure- but we worked really really really hard. I trained her to drive, and we went to a handful of shows. We did very very well, and I couldn't have been more thrilled with not only the awards- but the leaps and bounds we've made as a team. Diva is a dream to work with now, and I couldn't have been more proud when I opened the letter. This mare has learned SO MUCH in the last year, she's not afraid anymore, she's now used for therapy, she is my best friend. I am very, very, very proud of her. Just recently we won a bunch of awards on the state level too, She went Year End Champion in Three different classes, and won Reserve year end High Point Youth with me.

You've given me some hope for my little monster, Jay. A stallion with 6 years of being in a pen with no contact, human or animal.

Back