I find this video very disturbing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmorgans

Reaction score
Why in the world would someone have a dwarf on "display" where people can obviously upset and irritate the poor little thing. I find this very upsetting and disturbing - and it is very sad that this dwarf is being displayed to everyone - very sad!!!!!

That's Thumbelina who some people here assure us she is very well cared for.

I agree in this particular video she really seems to have had it and was probably looking forward to her private time.

That is Thumbelina... she has toured extensively for charity/therapy and been on TV many times. Supposedly when that video was taken she was very cranky as it was her dinner time - something like that, anyway. Someone else on the forum who knows her owners may be able to fill in the details. As we all know - horses have moods just like people do and I do not think her owners would ever be cruel to her....

Here is her website.

is another short news report about her...
default_smile.png
please note her special and spacious travelling quarters... and how calm and curious she is when greeting the children. I think the video just caught her having a temper tantrum and a bad day... we all have those.
ETA: Marty beat me to it!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Can we let it rest??????[/SIZE] :arg!

Thumb was having a bad day. Period. Mark had just taken her hay away so the kids could get a better look at her. She has a better life than many of the horses owned by people on this very forum, not to mention many (sadly) kids. Good grief people.
default_deadhorse2.gif

Yes, she has done many things but I guess what bothers me is where were her owners when this was happening? That little horse was VERY upset, I have moody mares and so forth but this is beyond that. Maybe the owners stopped that circus as soon as they noticed and just weren't paying attention that one time when someone happen to be taping, lets hope that is the case.
default_smile.png

edited to add, I didn't see the post about her hay being taken away so the kids could get a better look??? I guess the owners where right there so I don't know then.

Starridgeacres - I am in SHOCK - we must have been typing at the same time. How can you look at that video and say that is OK?
There is not an excuse good enough for me to see a horse treated that way.

I disagree - I think most if not all forum members horses have better lives than that poor little thing.
Lisa,

I'm not going to get into a p$ssing contest with you over this. I know VERY WELL how this horse is cared for. Do I think she was VERY upset at that time? Yes! Do I think her owners deserve for people who know NOTHING about them or Thumb to bash them? NO! And I stand by my comment about how other horses are treated. I've been to enough farms to know what I'm talking about.

I sure hope NONE of you ever have someone taping you at a bad moment and then plaster it all over for others to see and critique.

I'm done. The rest of you can say what you want. I've said the truth about Thumb. You can make up your own stuff if you want.

No, sorry, people use your flipping EYES!!!

That is ABUSE.

If the animal is behaving like that she is upset, take her in, take her away, RETIRE her.

I have NEVER been happy with the way this poor, deformed creature is put on display, if this were a human child, a human dwarf, with people laughing a pointing and using her this way, would this be OK??

Well, would it??

I don't care if she lives in a palace, I really don't, if they truly cared about her, instead of all the publicity she gets for them, she would be quietly at home, as are most of the many well loved and truly cared for, dwarfs owned by people on this forum.

She is not the "worlds smallest horse" she is a terribly deformed little freak of nature who should be kept safe and well (which I admit , physically, she has been) and NOT exhibited for people to laugh at.

Those kids would have been just as happy to interact with a normal sized Mini yearling, one that can be put in the pen for an hour then replaced with another.

This "Circus" has become this poor creatures life.

Give her a rest, for God's sake.

And yes, Lisa, you are as entitled to your own opinion, which based on a video put for all to watch on Youtube, is a valid as anyone else's.

Thumb was having a bad day. Period. Mark had just taken her hay away so the kids could get a better look at her. She has a better life than many of the horses owned by people on this very forum, not to mention many (sadly) kids. Good grief people.
default_deadhorse2.gif

I seriously CANNOT believe you just wrote that! Mark taken her hay away!!!!!???????? So the kids could get a better look at her???? What is in his head...why don't you go out, put your horse in a pen with no place to get away, and take away his feed. Bet he has a bad day too. AND I bet you wouldn't do it.

Who give a poop about letting the people see...the HORSE (or dog or sheep or llama or camel or monkey) on display needs their time. At the many away shows, I put up stall curtains so my pony can get his time in his space, regardless of whether it is dinner time or not. I will leave them open for a period, but when it is HIS feed time, they get closed, or when he acts like Thumbelina..they get closed.

It is maybe not cruel m but it is sure mean. That comment about Mark above and the hay says it all..WHO IS HE PLACING FIRST IN HIS LITTLE WORLD, NOT THE HORSE.

Kim

Donning flame suit

default_unsure.png
Ummm...I would find the "excuse" that she was only upset because they took her hay a bit more believable, were she not almost knee deep in fresh green grass.
default_no.gif

I don't generally "do" u-tube as I only have painfully slow dial-up, but I did take the way too much time to download the one titled "mini horse racing", thinking it was the actual mini horse races that they DO have. I was sorely and sadly mistaken. If you got peeved watching poor Thumb...check this one out. A bunch of minis being chased around a little ring by an idiot with a whip, and then chased around a track by this same whip-whelding IDIOT. The thing that saddens me further is seeing that the stands are packed full of peole who think this is entertainment.
default_no.gif
default_sad.png
:DOH! :DOH!

We saw this little one on display at the Mohawk Raceway in Ontario Canada a few weeks ago.

The handler was explaining to the onlookers about her and that she was "happy and healthy" and many other comments that to the "uninformed" may have made sense or made the onlookers feel that this was a great thing for the owners and miniature horse people in general.

Our group of four, 2 mini owners, 2 sulky race horse owners, were all very sad to see her and also to hear the comments of the handler.

It reminded me of what we called carnival acts as children....."Freak Shows",

I like Rabbit, would wish that the owners would let her live quietly at home rather than being dragged from place to place for "viewing" and providing the onlookers with information that would make a mini owner cringe.

The constant displaying of Thumbelina is only being done for money, certainly not to help people understand about dwarf horses and the many difficulties they have to face in their lives.

default_deadhorse2.gif

Oh and what about when she really gets mad in this video and tries to BITE children...nice lawsuit...and what good Crown is gonna get their hands on this video and demonstrate her nastiness..poor horse...put her away and bring her out tomorrow. She also is SO not giving any mini a nice name but kicking and biting at kids....

Geesh

Rabbit....HELLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back