I finally got another mini!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwater Farm

Reaction score
As some of you may remember I lost my mini filly, Sapphire, last September to colic. I have been fighting with myself as to whether or not I wanted to get another. Well I have finally done it! I would like you to meet Froggy. Froggy is a 5 year old, 33", stallion. I am most likely going to geld him as I am not a breeder and have no need for a stallion. He is currently not trained for anything but lookin' handsome but I'm going to introduce him to the wonderful world of driving! Here are some pics of him. Not the best pics, I will get some better ones when he gets home tomorrow and I get him cleaned up. Overall, I dont think he is too badly put together, has a low tail set. Critiques welcome! I LOVE his color! Love the marbling! He is currently not registered but I am told both parents were registered but the gentleman that had him just had him as a pet. Thanks for looking ya'll!

froggy2.jpg

froggy1.jpg

Congratulations, he should make a very nice performance gelding for you. And if you have the sire and dam's names, I can check to see if they are registered for you.

Thank you! All I know about his liniage at this moment is that his Sire was called "Elvis" and he is in NC. I'm going to try and get some more info tomorrow when I go to pick him up. If I can locate a Sire and Dam, what would I have to do to get him registered?

I really like his markings/color! I hope you post a picture that shows his face
default_smile.png

Good on you for getting back into it, and how cute is that name!! Totally suits him lol

Congrats on your handsome new fella! He will sure be a flashy driving horse.

Oh what a good looking little chap - brilliantly marked too!!
default_thumbup.gif

Many congratulations!!

Very pretty coloring! Too cute! Looks like he is built like a brick house. Should make a great driving horse!

What a great little guy! (Love the lacing on his back end!) He's just asking to be a cart driving gelding, isn't he? He's sure built for it.

If you can find out who his actual breeder is, that's the start for trying to register him. Both parents have to have papers with the same registry. You'll have to ask the breeder if they are willing to sign the necessary forms and expect to pay for everything. From there, you need to find out if the stallion owner filed a stallion report listing the dam on it. If not, a late stallion report (with a late fee) can be done. If the parents are registered with AMHA, your boy will have to have a DNA test done.

Congrats on your new boy! He sure has Splashy color! And lacing too! Neat
default_smile.png

I bet you'll have a great times ahead!

Latest posts

Back