I felt the baby!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
This is my first ever mini baby, I finally felt it tonite. I gave the bear hug and put pressure on the right side of Pattys belly and got a boot underneath. :aktion033:

I'm so excited!! Can you tell. She's due June 22. Now theres soo much to do, I can't wait.

Wish me luck

Lee

P.S.

What a year this will be. My oldest daughter is due March 22. My youngest daughter gets out of the Army May 14th and then my first mini foal June 22.

YIPPPEEEE

Hey Lee-

Thats sooo exciting!!!! Its going to be a long wait til the day actually comes!!! I know when we waited for ours it seemed like an eternity!!! You should nominate the foal to the futurity - I am sure it will be a cutie!!!!!

Julie

LOL lee..it's exciting isn't it!!! I did a foal proof test on one of my mares last october or november and it came back sort of negative (the line was still there but it was faint..so i called it negative)! lol so i didn't think she was..well guess what..she IS..and due anytime now! she's enormous and dropping fast!! I'm guessing full moon this comming week..but we'll see..lol.. she's starting to act differntly so we are on full alert mare stare! lol.. can't wait. i want her to haev it NOW darn it! lol though part of me hopes she holds out for warmer weather...but the past week has been nice enough if she'd just have it on a nice day like those! lol..

I hadn't felt the baby for nearly a week but last night it was moving so hard it was making mink look like she had hiccups and it was like elbows, legs everywhere! i'm wondering if maybe it' not turning to prepair for birthing (i'm just so excited i KNOW she is gonna hold out for months on me beacuse i want it now..lol).

Hillary

Isn't that the BEST feeling???? :aktion033: Last week Poppy's baby was rockin' and rollin' and of course I was rubbing her belly just enjoying every moment!!! Good luck!

Liz R.

Make sure you guys post pictures - I am having such withdrawls not having any foals this year
default_sad.png

Its soo exciting - the anticipation is grueling!!!!
default_yes.gif
: But so worth it.-- Good luck to Lee hope all goes well and to you too Hillary-- my fingers crossed for healthy foals for you guys!!!!

Julie

Thanks all.

Hillary, you sound as giddy as me! It just occured to me that I wont be showing this year until after the baby is born. Thats ok though, there are shows in July-Oct.

I didnt nominate Patty because of $ issues, so I missed the date. I'm already planning to kick the chickens out of the big stall and rent a power washer to clean and santize it. Fencing will be a priority too. Im redoing the foal paddock and now I better do the rest also considering Apollo got loose last Saturday. The one day I'm not home he dedided to go for a run around the house and then put himself back in. He had angels watching him that day.

I plan on sticking to Patty like glue! She lost her last foal, her first. It was before I owned her, and I promised her that I would be there and she could keep this one.

Im bursting at the seams I'm so excited!

Lee

Hi Lee :saludando:

This is my first ever minibaby too,......Heck,..this is my firstever baby!!!!! :lol:
default_wacko.png
:

I sure can feel your excitement,.....I can sit and watch Foxy's belly ALL day long,....although he/she isnt moving around as much as he/she was,.....but,..When she does that blowing noise,...boy,..that is a signal for the little one to move!!!! :lol:

It is VERY exciting ,..isnt it????
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin

lee,

you better beleive i'm giddy..i'm encredibly impatient too..lol i want her to have it RIGHT NOW DARN IT! I've been a little obsessive compulsive with my foaling kit too..according to everyone else i have more than i need..but heck i'd rather have it than not! lol my luck ill probably miss it anyhow..that's always my luck! we missed whimsy's foaling last summer!

Don't feel bad..i couldn't afford to nominate them for the Maine futurity either... that and i hadn't PLANNED on her foaling anyhow so i'd have had to do a rush job to get it in on time.. I opted to nominate this foal for the AMHR futurity though...with mom and dads bloodlines and dads show record i think this foal could potentially be very awesome! It was also ALOT cheaper to nominate them for R than MMHC...i just couldn't swing nominating them to both especially since MMHC is like $40/50 dollars more to nominate plus the $30 for AMHR... not to mention if you have more than one foal comming.... We plan on doing a bunch of R show's anyhow so i'll probably just drag mink and foal along and compete at those and then aim for nationals with the foal as well.

Cool foxy, when is your mare due?

Hillary, when is she due?

I still have 3 long months to wait. But I do have things to keep me busy. Of course I want to do them all now. Spring fevers got me.

Lee

well there is a little debate about when exactly.. i HAND bred her last spring the end of april before i took them to kentucky. Then after i left them in Kentucky the lady who was boarding them called me and said she slipped the fence and got in with the stud and she wasn't sure but they MAY have done soemthing before she got them appart and this was 3 weeks after the first breeding and supposidly mink wa sin heat.. I find that hard to beelive for various reasons..but whatever..LOL..iwell it's hard to say..this woman is a little wacko anyhow... BUT she's ENORMOUS and she's dropping alot..started to get some swelling in the udder a couple weeks ago but not bagging up (though she is maiden so might not). her technical due date of 342 days would be march 30th and if she took on the "oppsie" it would be three weeks later..i suspect it was the first "breeding" frm the looks of her and how much she's dropped down. Her temperment is starting to change rapidly... her hind end is quite soft compaired to what it normaly is..though that has gradually came on in the last 3 weeks. we'll see though. Full moon is comming up in 4 days.. lol who knows!!

then my other mare whimsy should be due in July though if she foals a month early like last year it would really be in July.. so that's a long wait still..lol

Hillary :aktion033: :aktion033: babies :aktion033: babies :aktion033: babies!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lee,.....first of all,..Good Morning!
default_smile.png

I am not sure when Foxy is due
default_unsure.png
: ,......The guy I bought her from said that she had been running in a pasture for 6 years with a bunch of stallions and other mares ,...He told me possibly the end of March??
default_wacko.png
:

Fred(my hubby),....Swears up and down ,..not till the end of April,.....He is use to cows,...but,..I think horses are different?,....

Sooo,..we have a bet currently ongoing,...I say the end of March,...He says end of April. :new_shocked: :bgrin

Back