I don't do personal, but one more prayer is worth it

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Normally I do not do personal stuff.

But I have many friends here I do not have time to email, so even those who do not know me, who could add a prayer or two, it would be greatly appreciated.

My 7 Year old Grandson Tommy will be going for a number of tests on Friday.

He has been sick for a long time. Very high white blood cell count, low red blood cell count and very swollen lympth nodes in his neck.

Tommy is also autistic, and this is very very difficult for him. He has been to the doctor 5 times, 3 sets of tests, all that have ruled out other things.

I talked with him last night, he asked to come spend the weekend with his foal. He thinks she needs him. (Prints)

So if you are a prayer person, please add my best little buddy to your list.

Thank you so much. I will keep you updated after the Friday tests.

Again, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've got my positive thoughts and best wishes for him to have an easy time of it and full recovery. I'm so sorry for the difficulty your family is experiencing right now.

Liz

Many, Many good thoughts and prayers over Tommy. What time Friday are his tests? I was just wondering so I could pray extra hard at that time.

[SIZE=14pt]Carolyn I will certainly pray for your grandson. It is hard for little ones to be sick when they are not having any other issues.... It will be hard for Tommy to understand what is going on but we will pray for him.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Oh you definately have my prayers......As a mother of a little one in remission from cancer, I know how scared you all must be! Keep positive thoughts!

Thank you all so very much. I know there will be a lot of people pulling for him.

Unfortunately, he understands a lot. He too has Savant Syndrome, and an IQ of 165. For a second grader we have great converstations. I try to keep up.

He reads at the 12 grade level,,,, and maps and dictionarys he reads for fun.

Last night he was explaining to me the actual meaning of each number on the pain scale. Heck, I just thought it was a number :lol:

We do appreciate all your thoughts. Hoping Friday only brings good news. His tests are most of the day, beginning at 7 a.m.

Good thoughts coming for the little guy and his family.

Oh Carolyn, how sad and unfair. You will have my prayers for the entire family and you know Miss Prints is great medicine!

Consider it DONE!!! I will gladly add Tommy and your family to my list. (((Hugs)))

I have always been a little unsure of posting personal things. But I can't tell you how much you guys have helped me today. To those that sent emails, your kind words and positive thoughts were much appreciated.

I can't tell you how special this little guy is to me. His first day of school at the age of five, the teacher said Hi Tommy, how are you? He replied, I'm my grandma's boy. This year at Grandparents day, the kids were to introduce their Grandparent and say something about them, Tommy got up and introduced me, and said, My Grandma is special, because she understands me with out me using words.

He and I have always had a very special connection and even at his young age, I have learned a great deal from him.

When Prints was born and we decided to keep her and sell her Dam, I was concerned with telling Tommy. I had a whole speech ready to go. When he came over he asked where she was, I told him she was sold to a home that really wanted her to be their friend. He looked at me and asked, does your heart feel bigger? I looked at him and said what? He said, "does your heart feel bigger? When you share special things your heart grows."

He makes my heart feel bigger.

You guys have done the same, thanks so much for all your good wishes and thoughts. It can always be something else, but either way, we will remain positive and hopeful. You guys have helped me to do that this day.

Sending thoughts and prayers for you and Tommy.

God gives special children to special people, my brother is one that has special needs and he also has amazing capabilities and an innocent and loving HUGE heart, I always learn from him.

Tommy sounds like a child that is a joy to know and keeps grandma on his toes learning to keep up!

May this be something minor and over in no time at all.

krisp

I'm sending my prayers too. Prayers that this will turn out to be something minor. Plus, prayers that it doesn't take too long to get whatever it is diagnosed. Waiting for results can be very stressful.

I have always been a little unsure of posting personal things. But I can't tell you how much you guys have helped me today. To those that sent emails, your kind words and positive thoughts were much appreciated.

I can't tell you how special this little guy is to me. His first day of school at the age of five, the teacher said Hi Tommy, how are you? He replied, I'm my grandma's boy. This year at Grandparents day, the kids were to introduce their Grandparent and say something about them, Tommy got up and introduced me, and said, My Grandma is special, because she understands me with out me using words.

He and I have always had a very special connection and even at his young age, I have learned a great deal from him.

When Prints was born and we decided to keep her and sell her Dam, I was concerned with telling Tommy. I had a whole speech ready to go. When he came over he asked where she was, I told him she was sold to a home that really wanted her to be their friend. He looked at me and asked, does your heart feel bigger? I looked at him and said what? He said, "does your heart feel bigger? When you share special things your heart grows."

He makes my heart feel bigger.

You guys have done the same, thanks so much for all your good wishes and thoughts. It can always be something else, but either way, we will remain positive and hopeful. You guys have helped me to do that this day.
Oh my Caroline, you got me with that story. I'm all teary here. You all have my best prayers also. He surely is one of God's special ones.

Latest posts

Back