I am scared!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
OK,....First of all,.....It has been days since I have been on here,..... :no:

We have been doing yardwork and fencing for the cow and everything,...It just seems like there is NOT enough hours in the day anymore,.....I deeply apologize for missing everyones posts in the last few days.

OK,.....I have VERY soft teeth,.....everything I have tried with them has failed,.......My dentist last year told me that they have ALL gone bad and need to come out,..... :new_shocked: :eek:

One problem,.....I am TERRIFIED of dentists,.....soooo,..he has recommended a dental surgeon,....I made an appointment last year,..but,..chickened out and cancelled it,....Now,..I have one for Sunday,..and I am terrified,.....

My teeth are killing me though,..CONSTANTLY abcessed,....I lose peices of teeth when I eat,....at least 5 of them have now broke off at my gumline,....I really cant handle it anymore,...

but,..Have NEVER been put to sleep in my entire life,.....My appointment is for 10:30 am on Sunday in Yorkton,....

I have almost picked up the phone 2 times to cancel,....I am scared to death!!!!!!
default_unsure.png
: :eek:

I'm with you, had to have the same thing about two years ago. The fear of the surgery was far worse than the surgery itself. You'll be OK. I made it!

Lucy

I too have always had "soft" teeth, and like you, I was always deathly scared of the dentist...mainly, I was terrified of needles. I remember as a kid, always having to get my teeth done in the hospital, under a general anasthetic. As I got older(in my teens), I was able to tollerate the needle at the dentist and had them done there. I had such bad teeth I had my first set of dentures I think when I was 20 years old.
default_wacko.png
: NO FUN!

Anyway, think positive, and you just watch and see....everything will be OK. It is quite a simple and routine proceedure. Good Luck...and DON'T cancel again. Nothing worse than aching teeth!!

Oh I hate going to the dentist too! BUT one thing is when it has to be done it has to be.

Think how much better it will be when you get them all taken care of. I know there is no pain quite like toothaches.........especially when they are abcessed.

Don't cancel this time!!! Hang in there......It will only get worse if you cancel again!

Sending Prayers your way to help you through!!!!
default_wink.png
:

It won't be bad, I put off my wisdom teeth for 2 years. I hate the dentist, but it was nothing. If you get knocked out, you won't even know what happened. They will give you good pain killers for the next day or two. Good luck, it will be less pain that what you are going through with them breaking off. :bgrin

I know how you feel I just had a tooth pulled not to long ago.. and i was scared to death I mean truly close to hysterical. They did put me out and I dont remember a thing they did say it took like 15 min-20 min or so. I was totally out of it for a few hours the only thing I remember was walking in my front door (not getting home at all) and convinced they made a mistake and took off my lips, my girls started chanting lipless lisa which made me cry I kept telling them no no I need my lips.. sigh(Ok so I guess there isnt many times kids can truly get back at parents like that) They even have a video of it on a cell phone (lucky me
default_wacko.png
: )

But other then that truly was no big deal I had a slight bit of pain but the tooth was abscessed so NOTHING compared to the pain I had - in a day or so was good as new it really wasnt bad at all honest.

Last edited:
Phone the office, and explain this to them, you can BET, you aren't the first person going through this. :new_shocked:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

When I had to go for dental surgery, i told them they could do what they wanted on ONE CONDITION...that I didn't know what they were doing.
default_yes.gif
: I went in an hour prior to my appointment, and took three teeny-tiny lil pills...and they also used laughing gas...and Honey...they could'a used a jackhammer in there, and I'da cared less. :aktion033: :aktion033: :lol:

Good luck!

I was totally out of it for a few hours the only thing I remember was walking in my front door (not getting home at all)
O-M-G!!!! How irrisponsible of them...you are supposed to have a driver. Had you been stopped on the way home, you would have been charged with "impared" driving...not good. Lucky you didn't have an accident. :new_shocked:

I worked in the dental field for years and I am still terrified of the dentist!

I hear ya!!!!!!!

I went around wearing a tee shirt that said "We Cater to Cowards" but little did they know I was the worst weenie of them all. To this day I cringe at the idea of going to a dentist.

Go for the gas, the pills, epidural, :new_shocked: whatever they have to offer but do show up.

I understand the fear of the anesthesia and being put to sleep for the procedure. I had my gall bladder out in January and canceled the surgery a couple times putting it off for a year. It took a week of pretty severe off and on pain to get me to keep my appointment and I was pretty sick to my stomach (no pun intended. Ok...yeah, pun intended :bgrin) about the whole idea right up until they knocked me out.

And being a dental hygienist, I have seen the fear people experience when they sit down in a dental chair or discuss treatment that needs to be done. Half of my job would be the mental part in talking a patient through their fear. I think I could go on to become a psychiatrist now.
default_rolleyes.gif
: But really, it is a very real fear. I was absolutely petrified of the dentist growing up until I went on to become a dental hygienist. Strange way to conquer a fear I know, but it worked.

Something important to think about though is that untreated abscesses can lead to serious complications and death. Don't take it lightly and take care of yourself. Remember, Foxy needs you.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh I had a driver I couldnt have made it home I dont even remember leaving the office.

Oh I had a driver I couldnt have made it home I dont even remember leaving the office.
WHEW!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Ya had me worried there for a second. :lol: I know that given the chance...I would have driven; because I was legally stoned, and wouldn't have known the difference... But I'd of never made it home. :eek:

My daughter just had her second root canal.....at 23. I worry about her too, as she didn't inherit very good teeth from either of us. I've had so much dental work done over the years that it doesn't much bother me, as long as I have enough novicaine I'm good to go. I know it's a very real fear for lots of people though.

Something I didn't know until a few years ago is how much good dental care is related to your heart health. Bacteria in your mouth apparently gets into the bloodstream quickly, and is more likely to put your heart at risk. So, get them to give you some good drugs lol, and get your teeth taken care of. It's important for your overall health - and I'm sure, for your comfort. Good luck!

Jan

Hi there everyone,..... Sorry,..I didnt mean to make you worry,......My mom came for the weekend and I didnt get a chance to get one ,......

YES,..I did go ,..It cost me 57.00 for him to take 5 minutes and tell me ,..Yes,..You need ALL your teeth taken out,....I couldnt belive it!!!! :eek:

I am obviously in the wrong profession!!!,...LOL

Anyway,....Unless I win the lottery,...looks like,..I will be putting up with my poor old falling apart teeth,....They want $2,800.00 to get my teeth out,...That is NOT including dentures!!!!! :new_shocked: :no:

Like I said,....twenty eight HUNDRED!!!!!,.....I was REALLY depressed over that!!,......If we had that kind of money,..well,....I would have a PUREBRED,regristered mini in my barn!!!!!,....
default_wink.png
:

We got back from Yorkton late and we got our Calf,.....soooo,..we have been busy with her,.....but,....We did go and visit one of the nicest ladies that I have EVER met while we were in Yorkton yesterday,..and she is one of our VERY OWN forum family members,.... :aktion033: :aktion033:

She has REALLY beautiful horses!!!!
default_wub.png
: and a VERY cute lil baby~~~
default_wub.png
: I had a great time!
default_yes.gif
: Fred said he had a good time as well,....He even turned my camera RIGHTSIDE up after we got home last night!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033:

Thank you to ALL the positive comments,....I dont feel so scared now,..If I EVER can afford to get it done,..Guess,..I will have to get my lotto ticket checked soon!!!! LOL

:saludando: Terri

Heck - I thought you had gone to get all your teeth removed girlfriend!!

default_wacko.png
:

Well -- glad you are ok -- bet they take slow payments -- if you really want to have it done.

I am not one to give advice about teeth - I have not been to the dentist since 1999 when I had 3 teeth filled on the same day - they have hurt ever since that time and now 2 teeth are broken - I suspect I need a root canal done - but keep finding excuses not to go get it checked out - one real reason/excuse is that I have moved and have to find a new dentist here -

Anyway - good luck.

JJ

Latest posts

Back