I am really bewildered and would like to understand

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow ML.
default_unsure.png
I almost don't even know what to say to that???
default_wub.png
It truly does make me wonder though, if that is what makes one lose respect for a person....does it not beg the question then... "Where was Hilary when Chelsea was growing up?" Surely, she too was making that same choice for "a career" at the same time frame of age in her child's life. Where was Chelsea's father too, for that matter? Both, highly driven toward their "careers" while their "family" rode the ride along with them. Same as practically the majority of families in the rest of this country. Sad, yes...but still the case for the most part, in this country, in this day and age.

You know I do agree..with Tanya..I bet their are many countries wishing Obama be presidents..Russia and Iran are way on front..
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
today is 9/11..it has been 7 years..Praise God nothing happened so far and God help us if we go into "diplomacy" to keep us safe..our soldiers understand it..Freedom is NOT free!!

WOW as rude as you have been to people who are talking politics from other countries,,, I thought it was beneath you to debate with them Jill? You sure keep making comments. EVEN to the person who has taken years of her life to make this board for us to use.

I do not like Palin because I think that McCain picked a woman to fill the void for the Hillary voters. So he picked a really rude talking woman that would seem like a man, I guess. Again the reason I don't like her is one,,,, because she already has an ethics problem she needs to clear up ,,, Two she has a 4 month old baby that she had,,, now she should take care of it, there is not reason that her husband should be the Mommy figure. Three, she is busy telling everyone else that they HAVE to have their babies even if they would be born to a place that can not take care of them or even abuse them. She doesn't think that people should have that CHOICE. Four, she is bragging that she is a big hunter woman,,, wow,,, making an animal suffer for fun... that is nice. That really isn't anything to admire. Five, the fox news network says since Alaska is near Russia,,, that makes her able to deal with international problems.. Yeah,,, we are not all that stupid.

I am pro choice myself but that is not my point, my point would be I noticed you do not like the fact that Palin is pro life which would lead me to believe you are pro choice but on the other hand you don't like her because she kills animals? So if I were pro life I could say you are o.k. with killling babies but not animals? ummm...
default_wacko.png

Horseplay,,, yes if I woman feels that she can not take care of a child that may be abused or not taken care of, she should have that right. Not me and not anyone else should tell her how to live her life. No one would make that choice for the heck of it. AND yes, killing animals for fun is a sick thing to me. If you need the food because you can't afford it that is another thing. But people that brag because they can shoot and animal, a lot of time letting it run in excruciating pain for the fun of it, that is wrong.

I think it's time I chimed in again. I just watched an interview with Mc Cain and then the same questions asked of Obama. I know theirs nothing I can say to make anyone think differently because it seems to me the so called Republicans, or most of them on here, seem to think they know it all and they are absolutely right, no two ways about it. I think theirs alot of grey area in politics, it's not all black and white. I see both sides as having good views but the biggest problem I had and still have is that I don't trust Mc Cain. I'll say it again, he has voted against all these issues for many yrs that he is suddenly now for, his record speaks for itself. And Palin is another story. And come on now, you have to know he only picked Palin because she is a woman, don't you guys ever really stop and think about things? Just because they stand up and tell of all the beautiful, lovely, wonderful things the will do for you, don't you doubt them? Do you think maybe they are just trying to get elected?? At least Obama comes across as a very honest, down to earth person, I don't agree with all of his ways either but at least he seems like he's trying to tell it like it is. Their is one thing I really hope after following this thread and that is that if their are any young people on here, that they have enough sense not to believe all these things that you guys have been listing, over and over, don't you think their may be one thing right about Obama's campaign? He isn't right on one thing? Talk about being close minded, I am surprised that people are actually like this. Back a few pages, a couple of you said I HAVE a CLOSED mind, well, like my Grandpa Johny used to say "I beg to differ with you." I will still watch the debates before I decide for sure and I will certainly be sure to cast my vote this year. I know I asked for reasons why you are Republicans but I guess I don't know any more than when this started because so much of whats been said is just so one sided and lop sided and strange. Back to my rock for awhile.
default_unsure.png

I don't agree with all of his ways either
Just because someone is backing one candidate certainly does not mean they agree with everything that candidate says/does...Marnie you just said it yourself in the above quotes. They are choosing who they feel best represents their view in a nutshell. You ask the question on "Why", many have given you their honest heartfelt opinions...which are not the same as yours or others, that does not make them wrong. I don't feel you were really looking for an answer to "Why" because you won't accept any of the answers since they differ from your opinion..

Just because they stand up and tell of all the beautiful, lovely, wonderful things the will do for you, don't you doubt them? Do you think maybe they are just trying to get elected??
Politicians are all (including your beloved Obama) lying, rotten, scoundrels that will do just about anything to get elected....our job as voters is to decide which dirty, rotten, scoundrel to put in the white house, which they feel will do the best for the country as a whole.....many many people, looks like slightly over 50% of the U.S. believes McCain the best scoundrel choice at the moment......
default_biggrin.png

Also, Matt lives about 10 min. from me.. I am sure he gets all the major U.S. TV stations as I do.. So he can see U.S. News just as easy as I can to be informed on both sides of the politics..
Well I'm not sure what channels your watching...but obviously not the same as me! I take much of what I get from TV with a grain of salt anyhow...I prefer to get my info from reading unbiased sources.

Well, in a nutshell, to me I don't really give a rat's behind what the people in Canada think of either of the candidates, they are not the ones voting...I and my fellow American's are. So unless you can vote in the U.S and you live here....I don't really care what the neighbors up north think, their opinions are not important to me. I do value other American Voter's opinions, even if I don't agree with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Jill! I was trying to come up with a reply to our Northern ButtIns but you said it very well.
Bolding mine - with all due respect, is that really necessary? Do we have to be as rude and full of bashing as the Republican & Democratic campaigns have been?

And yes - I can tell you all about Canadian politics as well. I guess I do not understand why some of us are being sneered at for being informed - for being interested - and most importantly - for caring.
default_no.gif

I used Trudeau's quote in another thread... and I'll use it again as an example of why it is not only Americans who are interested and concerned about the Presidential election...

Living next to the US is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt.
And that was said almost 40 years ago. It still holds true.

When the President is referred to as the Leader of the Free World, why would inhabitants of the Free World (which is more than just the US) not be interested and/or concerned? Every twitch & grunt - every "Mission Accomplished"

- sends out waves that wash over and affect many countries in one way or another...

Go ahead, I don't really care what you say about me any more. I will say one more thing, he is not my beloved Obama, see, that's exactly what I mean, you guys are so opinionated, I don't care any more. And, he isn't my beloved Obama, I don't like any of the candidates, I wish we could throw them all back in and start over. Keep it up, bashing the Democrats, after all, they are the evil weevils of the world, aren't they! Out to get everyone, aren't they! I know politics is a touchy subject, I just forgot how crabby people can get on this forum and why I seldom post anymore.

Keep it up, bashing the Democrats, after all, they are the evil weevils of the world
Reallyl, I thought it was the Republicans that were getting the majority of the bashings here.

Politics, just like religion is always a touchy subject, as sometimes all that gets accomplished is hurt feelings...I don't think anyone was really getting crabby, defensive maybe, but not crabby....I mean you asked, they told you and then you tell them that they are wrong...of course people are going to be defensive about that.

My Dad always said, opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs smells the best. It is words to live by
default_wink.png

Marnie,

I did not think your question was mean spirited. I took it as a sincere wanting of an answer.

I know how heated talking about politics or religion gets, so I usually stay out of it, and hope people can tell how I feel about things by the way I live my life as opposed to having to say too much...... in other words the thing about "Example is the best teacher". Of course that does not work as well on the internet as if you live close to people in your daily life.

At any rate, I did want to say that while it is hard for anyone to agree totally with any one candidate, I do think some things we can compromise on usually........ but for me sometimes there are other things that are absolute deal breakers. Both McCain and Obama have some of those deal breakers for me, that keep me from being able to vote for either one in good conscience.

I totally agree with you Marnie, that I wish we had other choices!!

Susan O.

The WORLD knows so much about U.S. is because they are scared of another 4 years of warmongering and world turmoil.. The want peace.. Sick of all the killing and innocent people dyeing because of the wars U.S. starts.. and butts their face in..
I too want peace, but I believe in the old West African proverb: "Speak softly and carry a big stick” used by Teddy Roosevelt.

What Palin said tonight with Charlie Gibson proves she IS a BUSH with lipstick.. Do we really want more years of world turmoil? It scares the heck out of people.. So you see Jill.. the WORLD is scared of the next 4 years if McCain/Palin gets in..
What specific comments are you referring too?

And for people say that they had worked when they had children. The BIG difference is S. Palin puts her career FIRST, then her children.. She HAS to do that to have a VP job.. that is why I totally disrespect her.. I know too well with families that have mothers that have placed careers first.. It is totally wrong and totally unfair to children.. they need their mommies.. and her time FIRST.. She should of raised her kids then had her career.. OR had no kids at all.. if she wants a full time career..
Mary Lou, I must take exception to these comments. They are truly sexist. WOW!

No one ever said Bush couldn’t do his job because he had two daughters while he has been in office. No one ever said Bill Clinton couldn’t do his job because he raised a daughter during his eight years as our President. No one ever said that Kennedy couldn’t do his job while he fathered and raised two children while he was in office. This just goes on and on. If, as you say, “She HAS to do that to have a VP job.. that is why I totally disrespect her..” then you must also feel the same about Obama. If elected he will have to raise his two daughters while he is in office. Will that make him a bad President? I think not. I must also say that our First Ladies don’t just sit around and watch soaps and eat bon bons. They end up working very hard traveling all over the world representing our coutry while still raising their children.

All of my adult life I worked in the Los Angeles and San Francisco bay areas These are areas of the US where the cost of living is very high. It is very difficult for any family to try to raise a family on only one income so most families have both parents working for latchkey kids. Do the kids suffer for this, I think not. Unfortunately, not all families can afford to live in rural America and have only one working parent.

Almost all of my working career (45 years) I worked in the hi-tech field. This is not a field these days where you work a 9 to 5 job. You often work 60+ hour work weeks. Because people have to work these hours does not make them bad parents. It is not the time you spend with your children but the quality of the time you spend with your children.

I worked for and with many top professional women and they took both their jobs and families very seriously. I had one employee that worked for me and I later worked for her and let me tell you she took her job seriously and was one of the best mothers I have known. During this period of her work life she not only worked but got married and later had not one but three children. She did later reduce her work hours and eventually quit to be a stay at home mother. In addition to her work and children she also ended up with a 3 hour a day commute to work which started to take its toll on her.

I might also say that I have known couples where for some period of time only one person worked and it might not have been the father but is the mother and the father stays home and takes care of the home and children.

I guess what I am saying is that you can both work and take care of children. It seems that no one thinks as you seem to do when it is men working and having children.

Well evidently I was a bad mom because I worked!
default_new_shocked.gif
Some of the time I worked two full time jobs and most of the time I worked a full time job and a part time job. ( The ex wouldn't pay his support and at that time there was no way to enforce that except to have him thrown in jail. As if that helped. NOT)

One is a teacher, one owns his own business and the third one is the manager of a auto dealership service dept. Are they perfect? No, but they are good citizens.

As far as the world hating the USA yep they do! Mostly because of what they hear from their media. Of course it can't possibly be biased we all know our own media isn't.
default_rolleyes.gif

Just let a disaster happen in another country. Who gives the most help the fastest? Who does the rest of the world expect to help out and give money, food, clothes etc? That is not to say other countries do not help it is just that the USA is generally the first to send aide and it is also the country to give the most! Do we get paid back NO in fact as soon as we get them back to a standing position we are told 'Get out we don't like you, we don't want you here'. 'Oh but don't forget to send us more'. Most of the time we aren't even thanked. Do we stop? No we will go right back the next month if they should have another disaster. How many countries have rushed to our side to help when we've had earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes?

And since we are such a terrible country in the world's eyes why are there so many people from other countries trying to get in here? Why aren't our borders being overrun with people trying to get out of here?
default_frusty.gif

My final question... why is it only republicans are biased and closed minded and all republican candidates are the scourge of the earth?

Gini

She has a charge against her that she alledgedly abused her power as Govenor to try and force her ex brother in law out of his job as a state trooper. They are looking into it.

I just had to come back to this comment:

Four, she is bragging that she is a big hunter woman,,, wow,,, making an animal suffer for fun... that is nice. That really isn't anything to admire
I hope you don't eat meat....because if you buy beef/chicken/pork/eggs/milk from a supermarket....those animals are made to sufffer WAY WAY more than animals that are hunted, in their natural habitat, where they are left to roam and be FREE their entire lives. There is nothing inhumane about hunting when done properly and legal, however 500 chickens stuffed in a 40x30 pole barn is inhumane! 150 beef cattle stuffed in two acres with manure up to their bellies for years is inhumane! Whether for sport or food, when hunting is done properly and legally their is absolutely nothing inhumane about it....it is needed to control population in most cases. And the fees that hunters pay for licenses, etc....contribute more to conservation than any one source.

Like I said Sonya I understand that people need it to survive. The ones that brag about are the ones that are sick to me. That is the way I feel. When someone is showing off the horns that they have sawed off the skull of a beautiful animals.like they have done something neat.. that is no different that cutting off a trophy off a person that can't defend themselves. Sorry.

I don't see how she is putting her career first over her children. She is a politician, same as Hillary, McCain, Obama, and Biden.....do you think they all put their careers over their children?

A man can and does in many cases make a better parent than a woman...just because she carried it in her womb does not mean she HAS to be the major caregiver or that she is better at it for that matter. I work with a gentleman who has sole custody of his two young girls, has since the youngest was in diapers...believe me, they did not need their mommie, she was a poor excuse for a parent. My sister and her husband have raised 3 wonderful children with her being the breadwinner (and no, not home alot working a real estate business) while my brother in law took charge of the house and children. I work with two women who are the sole breadwinners in their homes while their husbands stay home and take care of the children. In many homes, there is usually one parent that is the major caregiver....where does it say it HAS to be the woman? I thought all these years, this was the stigma that woman were wanting to avoid?

I'm just confused why someone would dislike her on the basis alone that she is not the major caregiver, I'm baffled to be honest. Obviously she has probably been the major income for her family, so I'm sure she ultimately works to feed her family, as we all do. ( I don't know to many people who work for the fun of it!). I suppose they'd only be eating fish if it wasn't for her.
default_wink.png

No Mary Lou, That is not what is being said, at least not what I meant, I had to work and it could be said I put my 'career' first. I did not. I was forced to work as I did, to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table, and clothes on our backs. But admittedly I was gone more than I was at home, all of my children's teenage years.

It could very well be said that ANY working person who has children are putting their careers before their children. Especially those persons who want to get to the top of the corporate ladder or be the dean of a university. And what about actors and actresses?. ALL politicians could be charged with putting their career first it is the nature of the job. If you are only a part time politician you will never get anywhere or re-elected. Did Margaret Thacher, Goldia Mier or Queen Elizabeth put their careers first?

To only criticize Sara Palin in my opinion is unfair. I know how much I missed my daughter's volleyball games and my son's football games and baseball games but my bosses would not let me take time off, nor could I afford to, to attend these things. I'm sure as a mother she feels the same as I did. Heck she probably has seen more events like that than I ever did. She has said she and her husband have gone to their son's hockey games etc.

Ok, here I go again stepping into it deep.

Marnie, personally I am surprised you can even still post here. To pose a question and try so hard to convince everyone that you just sincerely wish to be informed and learn and then to turn on everyone that tries so hard to be of help to you, wow, If I were you I would just be embarrassed for myself. People were genuinely trying to help you and give you good solid reasons and you have just bashed us all. Too bad too because you had opened up a good opportunity for people to learn and expand their knowledge base.

Crabby Chicken, you do not have to agree with me on anything ever in your entire life, but at least when you make a statement make an informed one. You just keep spewing the same thing over and over again. Come on, get some new material. And stop paying so much attention to your TV.

And to the lovely wonderful people in other countries (and I do mean that sincerely, love you all to pieces) that have decided it is their place to put their noses into our voting, which is a private personal thing, totally out of line folks. Our decisions may affect you down the road, but we in America are the ones that have to live with these decisions on a daily basis and fix it if we make a mistake. You have no say here what so ever. We do not do this to you when it is time for your elections and your voting, you just need to leave us alone to do our work. Do you think we would have voted in most of the world leaders that are in power? NOT!

The truth is, McCain is not perfect, Obama is not perfect and we here are stuck with yet again picking the lesser of the two evils. More often than not, we end up voting "Against" someone than "For" someone. Sad but true.

I personally, am voting "For" Palin. I like her that much. My choice, my business, my decision. But, it is the first time in many years I have voted "For" someone.

Really people, before you come on here and just spew filth, do some research, find out the facts and not from anyones media, they are all biased and many are paid off to say certain things, it is just ridiculous.

Ok, soapbox is back in the closet.
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back