I am hooked on Cowboy Boots! Are you?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I am totally in love with cowboy boots.

Before my Dad died last year, he told me he wanted me to have his cowboy boots, Tony Lamas, black snake skin. They are beautiful. That got me hooked.

I bought a gently used nearly new pair of Purple Justins on ebay, a black pair of gently used almost new Black Ariats on ebay, a pair of fire engine red Luccheses and a pair of Dan Posts in Black Cherry.

I am a bad girl, but I love them and I do wear them alot. I know a lot of people think its odd that I wear them but I don't even care what they think!

Do you like cowboy boots?

What is your passion, besides minis?

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear cowboy boots and my sister thinks it is horribly embarrassing when I wear them in public with her lol! She is more city girl than country girl (I am convinced she was adopted or switched at birth LOL!). I also love Breyer horses, they are kind of worthless but they are just gorgeous! And my other passion is sort of horse related but I love tack I dont know why but I see tack vendors set up and I just have to look and generally have to be pulled away by who ever is with me
default_laugh.png
! I have tons of blankets, slinkies, halters, ect just because I see a deal or just something fun and have to get it.

My favorite boots are a pair of brushed leather Justin ropers. Give me Ropers and Ariats anyday! My passion besides minis would have to be dogs.
default_wub.png

Are you kiddin...thats all I wear (Cowboy Boots)!!!

I wear them to college and to the store. Yeah, pretty much everywhere.
default_yes.gif

People do make fun of me at school sometimes but I really don't care cause they have no clue of the story behind these boots in my country life or just exactly what these boots represent. My black Tony Lamas are the boots I wore the first time I ever got a Grand Championship at a show and now (from this past weekend) they are the boots I wore the first time I ever got the last grands on a horse to win HOF. Horses have stomped on them and they may have been chewed up by a puppy a time or two but they still look great to me.

I think I own over 5 pairs of boots, and I really do think they are comfortable. My brown Durango boots are my favorite though.

Another thing I am hooked on is Pugs. Anything that has a pug on it, it's mine!

Chas

I LOVE Cow baby boots!!!

I had quite a collection years ago....don't wear them so much anymore.

After rotting my fav pairs out cleaning stalls I went to rubber hunt boots

and have like 5 pair of those. They never rot out and they keep my skinny

legs warm in cool weather.

When my boys were in school everyone always knew me as the Mom with

blue jeans and cowboy boots on. Fit the lifestyle and was ready at any given

moment to step, safely, into the barn.

I'm with Cheyenne.....can't live without dogs - could live without cowboy boots

but not the dogs.

Yes, I have a boot fetish too!
default_laugh.png
I'm working on one of every color. And they are my daily shoes. I wear boots everywhere and tend to feel stupid in shoes!
default_wacko.png
I also have a jewelery fetish. Got so many necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Gotta look stylish! Hahaha!!
default_biggrin.png

I adore my Lucchese boots, I have one pair of red and a pair of green mules. A great fact about (most) Lucchese boots is that they are Made in USA.

L.

I'm a slipper ho.
default_whistling.gif
I love slippers of all kinds and wear them almost everywhere. There is a slipper type for every occasion. When Walmart has them on sale I go crazy since they don't last long I have to stock up!

When it comes to boots, I am a huge fan of Ariats!!! I love them and have many pairs.

As far as things I'm passionate about other than miniatures, the tops of my list would be our dogs and reading (especially Stephen King... though I have to wait on him to write some more as I've just about read all he's written now! I have some short stories left and about 1/5th of his final Dark Tower novel which I am now listening to).

I know a lot of people think its odd that I wear them but I don't even care what they think!
That's just because you are in New Jersey
default_wink.png
, no one really looks twice here if you are in boots (except maybe in Dallas LOL). I don't wear them all the time, but sure don't hesitate to wear boots out most places here.
default_smile.png

Jan

l love my cowboy boots there the first thing l put on in the morning and last thing l take off at night starting in Oct till the end of March...the warmest most comfortable things l own..
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
and they come in 3 colors...

boots2008.jpg

I had the best boots ever for a long time but outgrew them. Now i am asking for a pair for my birthday.

I am hooked on www.horsephenomena.com (not opened to public quite yet)

I haven't own / wore a pair of cowboy boots since I was 5 years old.. (21 now). However, I DO LIVE in construction boots every single day..
default_rolleyes.gif
It has been years since I owned a pair of tennis shoes..

I love my ARIATS!!! I wear them only to special places... haha. But everywhere else I wear my other black boots... Oh yeah and I love my rubber boots... Not sure why but they are indestructible. Its awesome... Aside from boots...I have a overabundance of horse tack I seem to collect it all...Never know when you are going to use it right. LOL. And oh yeah I refuse to sell any of it. Oh yeah and then I am hooked on the old tread of collecting beanie babies... I have over 300+....

I am waiting for my new Dan Posts(in black cherry) to come in the mail, and OMG! I am looking on ebay.... its a sickness.

Yes, I am in New Jersey and cowboy boots aren't seen too often... I will just have to set the trend!!

My Ariats are really comfortable. I only have a pair in black ( besides my winter thinsulate sub zero paddock boots, now THEY are the best especially in the cold, your toes NEVER get cold!

I couldn't live without my dogs either. I have two Great Danes and two teeny Yorkies.

Robin

I own 3 pair of boots... a pair of white Wranglers, I have had for 20+ years..although they are worn I have never had them resoled, honestly the best boots I have! A pair a deep burgundy Frye's dress boots...and black with red tassel Ariate's....But I LOVE Plastic!!! I am always buying plastic containers. You can borrow anything from me but MY PLASTIC!!!! I also collect arrow heads, Authentic ones only. I have some from the 1800's, one I found on Mt. Scott 35 miles from our house that still had the arrow attached to it! It hangs on my wall...cool....
default_wink.png

OMG! I just bid on another purple pair!! Hubby is going to kill me!

Robin

Back